Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe 12:15 - Apr 17 with 11775 viewsLord_Lucan

If she really had to get involved in Syria she is supporting the wrong blooming side and she has resided over the locking up of West Indian folk that came over here to start a new life.

On top of that we have a cretin in opposition.

Sometimes you really just wonder.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:17 - Apr 17 with 6047 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:22 - Apr 17 with 6021 viewsBlueBadger

The main trouble with the Syrian Civil War is that, much like ho the Spanish one turned out, there isn't really a 'right side'. On one side you've got a murderous despot backed by a dodgy Russian president and on the other you've got a rabble of various nasty sorts backed by all kinds of nastier sorts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:29 - Apr 17 with 5964 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just been watching how one fellow had to pay to cancel his deportation flight!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:32 - Apr 17 with 5955 viewsRyorry

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:29 - Apr 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just been watching how one fellow had to pay to cancel his deportation flight!

Just beggars belief. Well it would if it were any other Government ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:38 - Apr 17 with 5937 viewsSlartibartfast

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:22 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

The main trouble with the Syrian Civil War is that, much like ho the Spanish one turned out, there isn't really a 'right side'. On one side you've got a murderous despot backed by a dodgy Russian president and on the other you've got a rabble of various nasty sorts backed by all kinds of nastier sorts.

So why support either side?
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:42 - Apr 17 with 5920 viewsLord_Lucan

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:38 - Apr 17 by Slartibartfast

So why support either side?

That's my point, we shouldn't have got involved.

We are only involved because Russia are involved however Russia doesn't get involved with the countless operations us and The Yanks have waded in over the years.

The worse point is though as much as Assad is a nutter he is more of a democratic nutter than we would get if he was overthrown.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:57 - Apr 17 with 5878 viewsSteve_M

The wrong side? Assad's murderous regime backed by Iran and Russia certainly isn't the right side here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 13:03 - Apr 17 with 5846 viewsSteve_M

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:42 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

That's my point, we shouldn't have got involved.

We are only involved because Russia are involved however Russia doesn't get involved with the countless operations us and The Yanks have waded in over the years.

The worse point is though as much as Assad is a nutter he is more of a democratic nutter than we would get if he was overthrown.

And also Assad's reaction to peaceful protest against his regime has been forgotten because of a load of Russian disinformation blaming it on the US (because Syrians couldn't possibly have found reason to protest their own government. He then left ISIS alone whilst destroying any non-Islamic opposition.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/03/how-syria-ruined-the-arab-spring/

Login to get fewer ads

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 5771 viewsLord_Lucan

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 13:03 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

And also Assad's reaction to peaceful protest against his regime has been forgotten because of a load of Russian disinformation blaming it on the US (because Syrians couldn't possibly have found reason to protest their own government. He then left ISIS alone whilst destroying any non-Islamic opposition.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/03/how-syria-ruined-the-arab-spring/

Come on Steve, you are one of the sensible ones on here. The whole Arab Spring thing was a disaster, if people imagine the Arab Spring was a load of nice people riding around on camels and giving it to The Man then they are deluded.

I haven't got an answer, regime change, whilst technically illegal is also impossible when it comes to replacing a bad guy with a good guy.

Personally I don't think we should have got involved but I maintain that an Assad led Syria is far better than any current alternative.

UK and USA current actions are mirrored in failure. We will look back on this and wonder what we were playing at.

I wonder what monster we will create this time? Our support of Afghani rebels against The Soviets created The Taliban

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 13:57 - Apr 17 with 5701 viewsArcher4721

The Tories don't care. It's pathetic that they appear holier than thou when they gave Assad the chemicals in the first place.

We're one of the biggest arms dealers in the world.

Revealed: Britain sold nerve gas chemicals to Syria 10 months after 'civil unrest' began.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/revealed-britain-sold-nerve
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 13:58]
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:09 - Apr 17 with 5664 viewsArcher4721

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 12:57 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

The wrong side? Assad's murderous regime backed by Iran and Russia certainly isn't the right side here.

Talking of murderous regimes.

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:19 - Apr 17 with 5654 viewsSteve_M

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 13:25 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

Come on Steve, you are one of the sensible ones on here. The whole Arab Spring thing was a disaster, if people imagine the Arab Spring was a load of nice people riding around on camels and giving it to The Man then they are deluded.

I haven't got an answer, regime change, whilst technically illegal is also impossible when it comes to replacing a bad guy with a good guy.

Personally I don't think we should have got involved but I maintain that an Assad led Syria is far better than any current alternative.

UK and USA current actions are mirrored in failure. We will look back on this and wonder what we were playing at.

I wonder what monster we will create this time? Our support of Afghani rebels against The Soviets created The Taliban

It was a grass-roots popular protest at heart though, the depressing thing is that only Tunisia has a chance of emerging as some sort of functioning country as a result. That Islamists and other might join in protest is not a reason to condemn those who tried to protest. To suggest otherwise (and I'm not impugning you here) is to suggest that Arabs aren't advanced enough for democracy.

Regime change isn't on the agenda, the US had no heart for it under Obama and certainly Trump hasn't got the patience for it now. There doesn't seem to be any way of removing Assad now which is why discouraging the very worst of his aggression is probably a legitimate reason to bomb Syria.

It's not just Western actions. Iranians are wondering why they are propping up a government they have little in common with and Putin seems to be stuck as Assad's constant protector. That's not going to go down well as Russian soldiers continue to die (hence the risks in investigating Russian deaths in Syria as we see again this week).

Also, on the idea that it isn't the place of Western nations to get involved, arguable the fact that thousands of refugees want to come to Europe means that it is. Those who have been allowed in, and the backlash that has resulted, have and will continue to profoundly effect domestic politics across Europe.

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:23 - Apr 17 with 5638 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Why is Jeremy Corbyn a cretin?

Poll: Best Football Song

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:42 - Apr 17 with 5602 viewsBlueBadger

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:09 - Apr 17 by Archer4721

Talking of murderous regimes.

Imagine how embarrassed those Saudi officials must be to be associated with people like May and Boris.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:47 - Apr 17 with 5585 viewslowhouseblue

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:23 - Apr 17 by RoyKeanesDog

gosh that's a deep question. i'm not a psychologist and wouldn't know where to start.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:50 - Apr 17 with 5572 viewsBLUEGOLD

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:42 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

Imagine how embarrassed those Saudi officials must be to be associated with people like May and Boris.

Exactly
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:57 - Apr 17 with 5535 viewsArcher4721

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:42 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

And just for balance John Woodcock who wanted the Labour Party to "rise up and back air strikes against Syria" but happily chats away with people who are responsible for what the UN calls "the worst humanitarian crisis on the planet"

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 5458 viewsnoggin

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:23 - Apr 17 by RoyKeanesDog

He's a member of The IRA, a communist spy, anti semitic and he hates the queen. Something like that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 16:35 - Apr 17 with 5435 viewsDarth_Koont

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 16:27 - Apr 17 by noggin

He's a member of The IRA, a communist spy, anti semitic and he hates the queen. Something like that.

He hates the UK too.

There are so many of these because not one of them makes sense on their own.

Pronouns: He/Him

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 17:23 - Apr 17 with 5362 viewsBluesquid

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 14:19 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

It was a grass-roots popular protest at heart though, the depressing thing is that only Tunisia has a chance of emerging as some sort of functioning country as a result. That Islamists and other might join in protest is not a reason to condemn those who tried to protest. To suggest otherwise (and I'm not impugning you here) is to suggest that Arabs aren't advanced enough for democracy.

Regime change isn't on the agenda, the US had no heart for it under Obama and certainly Trump hasn't got the patience for it now. There doesn't seem to be any way of removing Assad now which is why discouraging the very worst of his aggression is probably a legitimate reason to bomb Syria.

It's not just Western actions. Iranians are wondering why they are propping up a government they have little in common with and Putin seems to be stuck as Assad's constant protector. That's not going to go down well as Russian soldiers continue to die (hence the risks in investigating Russian deaths in Syria as we see again this week).

Also, on the idea that it isn't the place of Western nations to get involved, arguable the fact that thousands of refugees want to come to Europe means that it is. Those who have been allowed in, and the backlash that has resulted, have and will continue to profoundly effect domestic politics across Europe.

"Also, on the idea that it isn't the place of Western nations to get involved..."

"The bloody collapse of Libya — which triggered a refugee crisis and aided the rise of Isis — is blamed today on David Cameron’s blunders when he intervened to overthrow Colonel Gaddafi.

A damning report by MPs condemns the 2011 military campaign for lacking both “accurate intelligence” and a coherent strategy for the aftermath of removing the dictator.

The disastrous results were “political and economic collapse”, tribal warfare, the refugee crisis, widespread human rights abuses and the rise of Islamic State (IS) in North Africa, fuelled by weapons abandoned by the Gaddafi regime."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/libya-david-cameron-isis-islamic-
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:00 - Apr 17 with 5309 viewsLord_Lucan

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 16:35 - Apr 17 by Darth_Koont

He hates the UK too.

There are so many of these because not one of them makes sense on their own.

Whatever you think of Corbyn as an economist (there is nothing to suggest he has the foggiest by the way) I don't think such an open pacifist should be running our country. I have nothing against pacifists - in many ways I am one but I get the feeling The French would be in Maidstone by Corbyns second week in office.

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:27 - Apr 17 with 5268 viewsnoggin

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:00 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

Whatever you think of Corbyn as an economist (there is nothing to suggest he has the foggiest by the way) I don't think such an open pacifist should be running our country. I have nothing against pacifists - in many ways I am one but I get the feeling The French would be in Maidstone by Corbyns second week in office.

What would the french possibly want in Britain? Not the wine, women, cheese or football players anyway.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:35 - Apr 17 with 5243 viewscrunchie1978

After the chemical weapon attack in our own country I think she was left with little choice.
It wouldn't matter what party was in goverment and who was prime minister the outcome would of been the same.
You cannot ask other countries to show support and they did by deporting Russian diplomats without doing the same.
There's no winners in this but to put the blame solely at the door of the prime minister is wrong.
Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:45 - Apr 17 with 5217 viewsLord_Lucan

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:35 - Apr 17 by crunchie1978

After the chemical weapon attack in our own country I think she was left with little choice.
It wouldn't matter what party was in goverment and who was prime minister the outcome would of been the same.
You cannot ask other countries to show support and they did by deporting Russian diplomats without doing the same.
There's no winners in this but to put the blame solely at the door of the prime minister is wrong.

What the hell has the "Unproven" chemically attempted assassination got anything whatsoever to do with Syria?

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:48 - Apr 17 with 5201 viewsgiant_stow

Theresa May is a blooming catastrophe on 18:27 - Apr 17 by noggin

What would the french possibly want in Britain? Not the wine, women, cheese or football players anyway.

A taste of civilisation.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024