Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren 16:55 - Apr 5 with 3027 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Quote - "You should hope you stay away from him, by the time he took the England job 50% of Boro were sick to death of him. Negative tactics, setting out not to lose. It was a relief when he went. He needs money and if he doesn't have it, relies on getting men behind the ball"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 2936 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah.

Well that's it then.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 2899 viewsChiefXL

Anyone who watched their run to the UEFA Cup Final knows that's pretty much rubbish.
Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 17:27 - Apr 5 with 2822 viewsCoco

I know a Boro fan who pretty much backs that up. The UEFA cup run was seen as a fluke as last dutch gungho tactics paid off. Strachan is seen as the devil up there and Mogga is seen as the man who got them back on track - clearing out high earners and building with youth.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:04 - Apr 5 with 2707 viewschristiand

To be fair any of the names on the sacked manager’s carousel are going to have baggage. Think what some of us would say about MM to any WBA fans or prospective employers.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:11 - Apr 5 with 2682 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 17:09 - Apr 5 by ChiefXL

Anyone who watched their run to the UEFA Cup Final knows that's pretty much rubbish.

Same friend mentioned that he played very differently in the European games to the league.

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:13 - Apr 5 with 2670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:04 - Apr 5 by christiand

To be fair any of the names on the sacked manager’s carousel are going to have baggage. Think what some of us would say about MM to any WBA fans or prospective employers.

I would imagine that we would say pretty much what my Boro supporting friend said if asked about McCarthy wouldn't we? Would we be lying?

No.

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 2674 viewsBlue_Order

My Derby mate said different.

“He plays attacking football, and I like the fact that when we were losing or especially drawing he always tried to make changes to win the game. Look at his record with us, we barely drew any games, we usually won or lost trying to win them.”
Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:40 - Apr 5 with 2581 viewsmonty_radio

I also have a friend who is a lifelong Boro man. He says that McClaren was not altogether popular on Teeside.

What I would say though is that it was 12 years ago; he's won the Dutch League since and there must have been something that attracted England. Personally I'd favour someone like Jack Ross from St Mirren, but who knows if a younger man on his way up will do better here than the sort of old hand represented by McClaren?

It's a big ask for an inexperienced man if M.E. intends to remain arm's length and the only other shoulder to lean on is that nice Mr Milne whose football nous is not the best.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:11 - Apr 5 with 2366 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 18:40 - Apr 5 by monty_radio

I also have a friend who is a lifelong Boro man. He says that McClaren was not altogether popular on Teeside.

What I would say though is that it was 12 years ago; he's won the Dutch League since and there must have been something that attracted England. Personally I'd favour someone like Jack Ross from St Mirren, but who knows if a younger man on his way up will do better here than the sort of old hand represented by McClaren?

It's a big ask for an inexperienced man if M.E. intends to remain arm's length and the only other shoulder to lean on is that nice Mr Milne whose football nous is not the best.

For that exact reason I think if ME goes for a younger man, he'll have to employ a DoF.
That fact alone (2 wages) tells me he'll avoid that scenario.

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:37 - Apr 5 with 2310 viewsbournemouthblue

That's probably still more positive than MM's current outlook

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:44 - Apr 5 with 2277 viewsbontcho

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:11 - Apr 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

For that exact reason I think if ME goes for a younger man, he'll have to employ a DoF.
That fact alone (2 wages) tells me he'll avoid that scenario.

But we do have a Director of Football (David Bowman), albeit he's really a Chief Scout. I presume he'd leave with MM so you'd save that wage and I'd expect and up-and-coming manager to earn less than MM so that saving could be pushed into a "beefed up" Director of Football role (that incorporates chief scout and other roles).

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:53 - Apr 5 with 2254 viewsmonty_radio

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:44 - Apr 5 by bontcho

But we do have a Director of Football (David Bowman), albeit he's really a Chief Scout. I presume he'd leave with MM so you'd save that wage and I'd expect and up-and-coming manager to earn less than MM so that saving could be pushed into a "beefed up" Director of Football role (that incorporates chief scout and other roles).

Comes down to whether M.E. sees the need for such a position - who is there in the Town loop to tell him this might be what we have lacked?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 07:19 - Apr 6 with 2034 viewsbontcho

Talking to a Boro supporting friend about McClaren on 21:53 - Apr 5 by monty_radio

Comes down to whether M.E. sees the need for such a position - who is there in the Town loop to tell him this might be what we have lacked?

Indeed. I don’t think it’s a cost thing, it’s a decision around ME’s preference. Most people from business, I think, prefer that model but I’ve seen no evidence ME does.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024