Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. 23:03 - Jan 11 with 7165 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How were we all so gullible?

Milne: Mings Cash Will Be Reinvested in Team 29th Jun 2015 14:09
Town MD Ian Milne has confirmed that the cash received from the sale of left-back Tyrone Mings to AFC Bournemouth last week will be reinvested into Mick McCarthy’s first-team squad. 59

Waggy and Garner - 1m
Huws - 1m at a push and probably a small loan fee last year
Knudsen - 250k
Webster - Half a million?
Ward - Half a million?
Rowe - 100k ish
Celina - A loan fee
Lawrence - A loan fee
Fraser - A loan fee
Connolly - A loan fee probably
Malakysk - 15k

Maybe you can add presumably tiny loan fees for loanees like Maitland Niles and Conor Grant in that time but we’ve also got 3m for Murph since then as well.

So when Milne said Evans was gonna put that money into the playing squad... he hasn’t really hasn’t he.

We’ve got rid of so many players since then as well. So 8m can’t even be explained away by the extra wages. Because players like Murphs wages, Andos, the Hunts etc would replace the new wages of Douglas etc.

Yes Evans keeps us afloat but when we are selling so many players and not replacing them with the same quality players (unless mick finds them for a fraction of the price). That’s such a bleak way to go on really and will end in relegation at some point (I reckon two seasons time). Hence why I’ve been anti the Evans regime for two seasons now.

[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 23:04]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:39 - Jan 11 with 4701 viewsFixed_It

I blame the players for refusing to play for free.
How much money hss he spent on the Academy in that time? Or shall we just ignore that?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:41 - Jan 11 with 4693 viewsDubtractor

Don't forget Tommy Oar.

Though it is easy to understand how you might have done.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:43 - Jan 11 with 4686 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:39 - Jan 11 by Fixed_It

How much money hss he spent on the Academy in that time? Or shall we just ignore that?

Let’s just ignore all the wages saved from the players that have also left in this period then shall we?

How much has he spent on the academy? I know it wasn’t enough for category 1. Plus we got 750k for one of our academy prospects didn’t we? That pays for the academy for a while.

If you refuse to see that Evans hasn’t ‘invested the Mings money’ as he said he would, I can’t help you. OPEN YOUR EYES.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:44 - Jan 11 with 4681 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:41 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Don't forget Tommy Oar.

Though it is easy to understand how you might have done.

Free agent wasn’t he? The wages saved from tabby etc replace his wages you’d think.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:45 - Jan 11 with 4681 viewsSarge

I don't see you putting your hand in your pocket to buy the club/clean the roof/coach the players/sponsor our shirt/explain defending/etc.....

....is what the bluetints will say
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:52 - Jan 11 with 4648 viewsBackToRussia

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:45 - Jan 11 by Sarge

I don't see you putting your hand in your pocket to buy the club/clean the roof/coach the players/sponsor our shirt/explain defending/etc.....

Unless you are a multimillionare, have experience of running a football club, would know exactly who you'd replace MM with, you should really never say anything about the club ever again.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 23:52]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 00:02 - Jan 12 with 4611 viewsSarge

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:52 - Jan 11 by BackToRussia

Unless you are a multimillionare, have experience of running a football club, would know exactly who you'd replace MM with, you should really never say anything about the club ever again.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 23:52]

Yes, a football forum dedicated to a football club seems a funny place to voice complaint about said football club. It's the same with politics, who the hell do people think they are to be criticising an MP having not even been an elected head of state themselves?
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 00:29 - Jan 12 with 4569 viewsFootballpete

The truth is that football has become a complete joke. Our owner keeps us afloat to the tune of £6 million and it isn't enough to make us compete at the top of the second tier. That is ridiculous. £6 million for drab football, a half empty stadium in need of a facelift and a club with nowhere to turn. It's not fun, and I can't really blame Evans or McCarthy. The entire sport has been ruined by obscene money controlled by dubious individuals. It's sad, and it goes much deeper than ITFC.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Login to get fewer ads

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 00:33 - Jan 12 with 4559 viewsHARRY10

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:39 - Jan 11 by Fixed_It

really ?

The same academy that sent the begging bowl round to keep it afloat ?

The one that has not produced a decent keeper with first team appearances in over a decade.

Stop kidding yourself
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 02:50 - Jan 12 with 4485 viewsIllinoisblue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 00:33 - Jan 12 by HARRY10

really ?

The same academy that sent the begging bowl round to keep it afloat ?

The one that has not produced a decent keeper with first team appearances in over a decade.

Stop kidding yourself

haven't produced a keeper? SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:03 - Jan 12 with 4434 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 23:45 - Jan 11 by Sarge

Bluetints lol thats very good.

Regarding spending da moneyz i really couldnt care less anymore.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:15 - Jan 12 with 4429 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:03 - Jan 12 by Benters2

Bluetints lol thats very good.

Regarding spending da moneyz i really couldnt care less anymore.

Morning Benters

We did say in January of the playoff season that was the time to invest didn’t we. One of the few things we agreed on back then was Evans needed to back the manager whilst it was going good

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:26 - Jan 12 with 4416 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:15 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Morning Benters

We did say in January of the playoff season that was the time to invest didn’t we. One of the few things we agreed on back then was Evans needed to back the manager whilst it was going good

Morning Rommy.

Yep Jan 2015 was the time to go for it so to speak,and sadly we didnt really did we.

A little bit more investment we could have been in the Prem for a season or two.

A packed PR most home home games (i know Beardy would rather 12k being there) and a beautiful clean looking stadium.

Sadly the powers to be didnt take the chance.For some reason we lack ambition,and we all should be pleased that we have been in the Championship for 16 seasons (Guthy loves it).

Many on here have ripped the sh1t out of me and the TGM with our 'look at Derby and Brighton' But they seem to be doing alright now!

Sad times mate.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:52 - Jan 12 with 4382 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:26 - Jan 12 by Benters2

Morning Rommy.

Yep Jan 2015 was the time to go for it so to speak,and sadly we didnt really did we.

A little bit more investment we could have been in the Prem for a season or two.

A packed PR most home home games (i know Beardy would rather 12k being there) and a beautiful clean looking stadium.

Sadly the powers to be didnt take the chance.For some reason we lack ambition,and we all should be pleased that we have been in the Championship for 16 seasons (Guthy loves it).

Many on here have ripped the sh1t out of me and the TGM with our 'look at Derby and Brighton' But they seem to be doing alright now!

Sad times mate.

Indeed we didn’t go for it. A few million on a top class striker and an attacking midfielder and we might have gone up that year. Instead it was sears and a loanee or two.

Whilst it’s working for Brighton, we could equally have failed to spend wisely and do a QPR who are in a fight to stay afloat now. If they drop to league 1, with that 50m fine they’ve got coming, they’re fooked. So at least we haven’t got that I suppose.

Though I fear we will go down after mick leaves whilst Evans continues to invest pennies.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:02 - Jan 12 with 4368 viewsbrogansnose

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:52 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Indeed we didn’t go for it. A few million on a top class striker and an attacking midfielder and we might have gone up that year. Instead it was sears and a loanee or two.

Whilst it’s working for Brighton, we could equally have failed to spend wisely and do a QPR who are in a fight to stay afloat now. If they drop to league 1, with that 50m fine they’ve got coming, they’re fooked. So at least we haven’t got that I suppose.

Though I fear we will go down after mick leaves whilst Evans continues to invest pennies.

QPR went over the top though Rommy and most of us were not saying spend stupid amounts of cash but improve the squad incrementaly each season and sustainably. It didn't happen and now whats the prognosis for the Town ? The trouble with football is that the economic rules that apply to good governance of a company get thrown out of the window when it comes to football. I really wish it didn't but it does and you either play the same , or as close as possible , or accept the fact that you're going nowhere. This isn't helped by the ruling bodies who have let money run riot and didn't effectively implement FFP, which was predictable.

Chuff knows where this leaves us.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:06 - Jan 12 with 4358 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:52 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

So in your opening thread you moan about the lack of spending.

Then you are glad we didnt as it might have gone wrong!

Its the lack of trying that does my nut in,its boring just trudging along.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:12 - Jan 12 with 4347 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:06 - Jan 12 by Benters2

So in your opening thread you moan about the lack of spending.

Then you are glad we didnt as it might have gone wrong!

Its the lack of trying that does my nut in,its boring just trudging along.

Oh no I’m not saying that at all!

I’m just saying, at least that’s the only reason that not spending any cash has been a good thing.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:14 - Jan 12 with 4336 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:02 - Jan 12 by brogansnose

QPR went over the top though Rommy and most of us were not saying spend stupid amounts of cash but improve the squad incrementaly each season and sustainably. It didn't happen and now whats the prognosis for the Town ? The trouble with football is that the economic rules that apply to good governance of a company get thrown out of the window when it comes to football. I really wish it didn't but it does and you either play the same , or as close as possible , or accept the fact that you're going nowhere. This isn't helped by the ruling bodies who have let money run riot and didn't effectively implement FFP, which was predictable.

Chuff knows where this leaves us.

All I wish for Brogs is to see us have a viable chance of promotion.

A few million here and there to keep us competitive and give us a chance. Or even if we sell our best players, to replace them with players of the same ilk. Not selling our most important player and then replacing him with Leon Best.

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:20 - Jan 12 with 4327 viewsTractorWood

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 05:15 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Morning Benters

I remember coming out of Griffin Park on boxing day 2014 genuinely thinking we might go up, having gone top very briefly. A few weeks later MM said the target was playoffs, my heart sank then as I knew it ultimately meant we were happy to participate.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:21 - Jan 12 with 4319 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:12 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh no I’m not saying that at all!

I’m just saying, at least that’s the only reason that not spending any cash has been a good thing.

Fair enough.

Sadly though not spending money has finally caught us up,see last season the worst finish in 58 years,now this season we are heading in the wrong direction and out of the FA Cup.

I really think tomorrow we are going to see some unrest amongst the town fans if it is a poor performance,i now loads who are going and they usually stick to the London games.

Sad times.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:21 - Jan 12 with 4318 viewsbrogansnose

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:14 - Jan 12 by The_Romford_Blue

All I wish for Brogs is to see us have a viable chance of promotion.

A few million here and there to keep us competitive and give us a chance. Or even if we sell our best players, to replace them with players of the same ilk. Not selling our most important player and then replacing him with Leon Best.

Leon fkn Best.

Should have saved the money and played without a striker for the season. Part of that sentance is true.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:24 - Jan 12 with 4311 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:21 - Jan 12 by brogansnose

Leon fkn Best.

Should have saved the money and played without a striker for the season. Part of that sentance is true.

The Bluetints thought it was great when he turned up.

Is Pikey Dave coming to Mannings?
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:35 - Jan 12 with 4287 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:20 - Jan 12 by TractorWood

I remember coming out of Griffin Park on boxing day 2014 genuinely thinking we might go up, having gone top very briefly. A few weeks later MM said the target was playoffs, my heart sank then as I knew it ultimately meant we were happy to participate.

That winter and the London area games were great,i did them all,the trains were fkd,i didnt care,9 hours travelling to Watford and back.Charlton crowd surge one of my mates fkd his leg up.

Scenes.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:39 - Jan 12 with 4276 viewsbrogansnose

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:24 - Jan 12 by Benters2

The Bluetints thought it was great when he turned up.

Is Pikey Dave coming to Mannings?

No. He's really fed up. He has done about 5 games but didn't renew and did say that he'd get a half season ST at Christmas , but didn't.
I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:45 - Jan 12 with 4262 viewsBenters2

I know hindsight’s a wonderful thing but.. on 06:39 - Jan 12 by brogansnose

No. He's really fed up. He has done about 5 games but didn't renew and did say that he'd get a half season ST at Christmas , but didn't.

Oh dear pass on my good wishes,another good crowd of people split up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024