Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Allocation for PR in January 02:18 - Dec 3 with 5754 viewsMrsORichSenior

Hiya - Just checking the choo choo deals for our trip to your place in January .......
Hoping your run of form does not alert Sky to switch date (they've a week to decide) .... very generous allocation of 5,000 you've given us this season too may I add.Is Mick entertaining to lower home gates this season then as its a large wedge of ticket from our norm from you lot and a few appear upset http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-town-season-ticket-holders-told-to-mov

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:35 - Dec 3 with 5716 viewsconnorscontract

Long story short:

Big allocation to Leeds. Whole stand given over. Minimises Policing and Stewarding costs, whilst possibly maximising revenue. We've been in this Division longer than anyone and in the Summer many fans gave up their Season Tickets having grown disillusioned with MM's ultra-pragmatic, "play for a draw, hope for a win" long-ball football.

In response our owner loosened the purse strings a little and we now have four attackers with a goal threat (sorry Freddie, that doesn't include you) but every now and then MM reverts to type and defends a one goal lead when the opposition appear to be there for the taking.

As a result many of the absent Long Term fans aren't totally convinced and attendances are down.

By January that will either be solidified (if we go defensive between now and then) or there will be a recovery in crowd numbers (if we win some more and score lots of goals and are still threatening the Play Offs).

However, even with a great run of form, a crowd of 20+ thousand Ipswich fans would allow for 5,000 Leeds with 5,000 seats empty elsewhere.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:40 - Dec 3 with 5700 viewsCurrie10

Allocation is 3000 I think, not 5000.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:53 - Dec 3 with 5701 viewsfloridablue

In the 'good old days' of 75 when you could just turn up on the day and pay at the turnstiles, you lot brought more than 8,000 down to Portman Rd for the epic four game 6th rd FA cup match. Still our record attendance of over 38,000 and the gates were closed over an hour before kick off. More than 50,000 at Elland Rd for the replay the same week. I managed to get to all four the other two at neutral Leicester City.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 03:41 - Dec 3 with 5655 viewsMrsORichSenior

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:53 - Dec 3 by floridablue

In the 'good old days' of 75 when you could just turn up on the day and pay at the turnstiles, you lot brought more than 8,000 down to Portman Rd for the epic four game 6th rd FA cup match. Still our record attendance of over 38,000 and the gates were closed over an hour before kick off. More than 50,000 at Elland Rd for the replay the same week. I managed to get to all four the other two at neutral Leicester City.

Yeah,great days and quirky stadia with poor pitches aka Filbert Street and yes I do recall that night with you putting 3 past Dave Stewart our keeper on a dreadful playing surface of which Portman Road never seemed to have on our visits.Still remember standing right side of tunnel at your place with my Dad whilst my brothers stood with the travelling 'lads' in the corner somewhere having the sing songs ...
In truth never noticed Ipswich this season (apart from your visit to ER) but your 'there abouts' again aren't you as per usual - looked a decent balanced team at our place in truth but this season the Championship is all about fine lines game wise (in our case anyway).Surprised at Micks doubters as alot of our lot would have him like a shot if our rebuild stutters to critical Manager wise with our young team,although not sure if Mick builds on young teams but it'll interesting in Jan if we're both in top six ........
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 12:05 - Dec 3 with 5338 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:40 - Dec 3 by Currie10

Allocation is 3000 I think, not 5000.

That article also says that an extra 3k allocation to normal. So 2k plus the extra 3k..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:49 - Dec 11 with 5057 viewsMrsORichSenior

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 02:35 - Dec 3 by connorscontract

Long story short:

Big allocation to Leeds. Whole stand given over. Minimises Policing and Stewarding costs, whilst possibly maximising revenue. We've been in this Division longer than anyone and in the Summer many fans gave up their Season Tickets having grown disillusioned with MM's ultra-pragmatic, "play for a draw, hope for a win" long-ball football.

In response our owner loosened the purse strings a little and we now have four attackers with a goal threat (sorry Freddie, that doesn't include you) but every now and then MM reverts to type and defends a one goal lead when the opposition appear to be there for the taking.

As a result many of the absent Long Term fans aren't totally convinced and attendances are down.

By January that will either be solidified (if we go defensive between now and then) or there will be a recovery in crowd numbers (if we win some more and score lots of goals and are still threatening the Play Offs).

However, even with a great run of form, a crowd of 20+ thousand Ipswich fans would allow for 5,000 Leeds with 5,000 seats empty elsewhere.

Hiya - Was interested to know if any Town fans have had issues with over zealous QPR stewards of late .......... our trip at weekend was littered with stories of how we were treated .............
http://www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk/qpr-v-leeds-united-9th-december-2017

Any London based Town fans heard any similar incidents in the local Sarf pressers this season ?

Was reading an interesting article (in the supermarket) on Marcus Evans tenure at Town over the last decade in When Saturday Comes magazine latest edition January 2018 - jeez your in the red for nearly £90 million now after he initially came in with £32 million debt ten years ago.

And folks laugh at our list of,err owners.Our owner has pumped in the region of £100 million in his first six months for the record and totally restructured the club too soooooo I really hope you let the bloke Evans know 'enough is enough'
MOT
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 18:00 - Dec 11 with 5027 viewsPhilTWTD

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 12:05 - Dec 3 by The_Romford_Blue

That article also says that an extra 3k allocation to normal. So 2k plus the extra 3k..

I was told 'over 3,000' when I asked the press office.

Cobbold Stand Season Ticket Holders to Move to Allow Increased Leeds Allocation 24th Nov 2017 17:22
Town have written to season ticket holders in the Cobbold Stand informing them that they will be required to move from their seats for the game against Leeds United on Saturday 13th January in order to increase the away side’s allocation. 9

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 18:58 - Dec 11 with 4927 viewsCurrie10

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 12:05 - Dec 3 by The_Romford_Blue

It's not 5k, it's only the upper tier Leeds fans will have access to, not the lower.

Block A from memory of the article is going to be shut for that, so it won't be anywhere near 5k.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 08:52 - Dec 12 with 4711 viewschristiand

Going forwards I think this could be a good idea by the club, although this may upset a few. There are some very well supported sides in the Championship now, so why not offer more tickets to away fans? I'm not necessarily saying Burton or Brentford, but Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Aston Villa both Sheffield clubs - you get the idea. It is such a sorry state at PR at the moment when the ground has so many empty blue seats. The fact that the club are thinking outside the box shows some initiative.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 9:05]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 14:24 - Dec 12 with 4576 viewsCurrie10

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 08:52 - Dec 12 by christiand

Going forwards I think this could be a good idea by the club, although this may upset a few. There are some very well supported sides in the Championship now, so why not offer more tickets to away fans? I'm not necessarily saying Burton or Brentford, but Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Wolves, Aston Villa both Sheffield clubs - you get the idea. It is such a sorry state at PR at the moment when the ground has so many empty blue seats. The fact that the club are thinking outside the box shows some initiative.

Agreed - give bigger allocations and we'll have to have other areas moving forward for next season where season tickets cannot be purchased to avoid upsetting people.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:35 - Dec 12 with 4517 viewsacj

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 08:52 - Dec 12 by christiand

Makes sense to me given recent attendances although I can understand people being annoyed at having to move from their normal seat.

Just for a little perspective it's normal practice in a lot of the world. I'm living in Chile and last weekend was the last game of the season here, the mrs' team Colo Colo won the title playing their last game away at Huachipato who had nothing to play for, so to maximise revenue the home side gave CC 23,000 tickets (ground holds 28k I think). Obviously I'd never want us playing effectively an away game at PR but giving away more of the Cobbold doesn't seem like a bad idea. Thought it made for a great atmosphere when we played Lincoln at home last year.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:12 - Jan 8 with 4138 viewsMrsORichSenior

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:35 - Dec 12 by acj

Makes sense to me given recent attendances although I can understand people being annoyed at having to move from their normal seat.

Just for a little perspective it's normal practice in a lot of the world. I'm living in Chile and last weekend was the last game of the season here, the mrs' team Colo Colo won the title playing their last game away at Huachipato who had nothing to play for, so to maximise revenue the home side gave CC 23,000 tickets (ground holds 28k I think). Obviously I'd never want us playing effectively an away game at PR but giving away more of the Cobbold doesn't seem like a bad idea. Thought it made for a great atmosphere when we played Lincoln at home last year.

Hiya - to confirm our allocation is 'officially ' ........
"We can now confirm ticket details for our visit to Portman Road to take on Ipswich Town in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday 13th January (3:00pm)".
Ticket allocation: Approximately 3,500
Ticket prices:
£30 to £35 adults
£22 to 24 senior citizens 65+
£15 Under 23's
£8 Under 19's
Disabled wheelchair tickets - £18 per pair

So it should be a great atmosphere for the day.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:45 - Jan 8 with 4067 viewsNazemariner

For the first time in a long while I am genuinely dreading going on Saturday.
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:57 - Jan 8 with 4043 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Regarding the "choo choo deals" there's a good offer to Gatwick and it's a short walk from there.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 18:05 - Jan 8 with 4021 viewsElderGrizzly

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 17:12 - Jan 8 by MrsORichSenior

Hiya - to confirm our allocation is 'officially ' ........
"We can now confirm ticket details for our visit to Portman Road to take on Ipswich Town in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday 13th January (3:00pm)".
Ticket allocation: Approximately 3,500
Ticket prices:
£30 to £35 adults
£22 to 24 senior citizens 65+
£15 Under 23's
£8 Under 19's
Disabled wheelchair tickets - £18 per pair

So it should be a great atmosphere for the day.

It’s only £25 for most away teams too at PR this year, but your lot decided to be greedy... :)
Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 18:37 - Jan 8 with 3943 viewsRonFearonsHair

Leeds Allocation for PR in January on 14:24 - Dec 12 by Currie10

Agreed - give bigger allocations and we'll have to have other areas moving forward for next season where season tickets cannot be purchased to avoid upsetting people.

In hindsight, I wonder whether allowing for the upper tier of Churchman's to be accessed separately may have allowed for us to give that up to away supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024