Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) 17:12 - Nov 28 with 4183 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 17:22 - Nov 28 with 3684 viewsStokieBlue

I've used this in the UK, US, Spain and Italy and never had any issues - you can download the maps before you go over your WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en_GB

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:20 - Nov 28 with 3656 viewsvilanovablue

Google maps allows you to download sections of maps these days. Or OS do the same.
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:29 - Nov 28 with 3651 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 17:22 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

I've used this in the UK, US, Spain and Italy and never had any issues - you can download the maps before you go over your WiFi.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en_GB

SB

Cheers Stokers.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:30 - Nov 28 with 3649 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:20 - Nov 28 by vilanovablue

Google maps allows you to download sections of maps these days. Or OS do the same.

Yeah but I want something for when I can't get WiFi.

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:31 - Nov 28 with 3644 viewssilkcutblue

Waze
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:52 - Nov 28 with 3622 viewsfactual_blue

What you want is a map and a bit of common sense.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:14 - Nov 28 with 3612 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:30 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah but I want something for when I can't get WiFi.

If it's downloaded to your device you don't need WiFi 🤔🤔🤔
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 28 with 3602 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:14 - Nov 28 by vilanovablue

If it's downloaded to your device you don't need WiFi 🤔🤔🤔

Given that I don't know where I'm likely to be short of WiFi, that would mean downloading everything!

I think the other options work better, cheers.

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:19 - Nov 28 with 3600 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:52 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Yeah, but reading a map whilst cycling might be a bit dodgy!

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:24 - Nov 28 with 3592 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:18 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Given that I don't know where I'm likely to be short of WiFi, that would mean downloading everything!

I think the other options work better, cheers.

I see said the blind man, an atlas or something similar having had a look at the app I might even go for that too 😀
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:29 - Nov 28 with 3588 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 18:52 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

This is the most millennial thread I've seen on here.

A map, a paper one, is what you need.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:35 - Nov 28 with 3581 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:29 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

This is the most millennial thread I've seen on here.

A map, a paper one, is what you need.

I'm 47 and it's a reasonable question to ask. Save the trees, a convenient place to have stuff on a device always on you and I can't remember the last time I looked at a paper map and I rarely get lost....
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 28 with 3578 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:35 - Nov 28 by vilanovablue

I'm 47 and it's a reasonable question to ask. Save the trees, a convenient place to have stuff on a device always on you and I can't remember the last time I looked at a paper map and I rarely get lost....

How about a photo of a map, that Dolly can look at on his phone?

What happens when he runs out of battery though eh? I never had a piece of paper run out of power...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:44 - Nov 28 with 3568 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:37 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

How about a photo of a map, that Dolly can look at on his phone?

What happens when he runs out of battery though eh? I never had a piece of paper run out of power...

I take my portable charger out and about so that v rarely happens. The point you make is valid though 😀
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:45 - Nov 28 with 3565 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:44 - Nov 28 by vilanovablue

I take my portable charger out and about so that v rarely happens. The point you make is valid though 😀

What if ones eyes stop working!?

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:49 - Nov 28 with 3559 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:45 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

What if ones eyes stop working!?

Your need for maps is reduced, significantly. I've downloaded the app and it needs effing WiFi, so both my previous suggestions were valid. Stupid thread....
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:51 - Nov 28 with 3553 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:49 - Nov 28 by vilanovablue

Your need for maps is reduced, significantly. I've downloaded the app and it needs effing WiFi, so both my previous suggestions were valid. Stupid thread....

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:08 - Nov 28 with 3536 viewsvilanovablue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:51 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

Had one in the boot of my previous car for all the reasons outlined above....
Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:29 - Nov 28 with 3511 viewsfactual_blue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 19:19 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, but reading a map whilst cycling might be a bit dodgy!

Whereas gawping at your phone isn't.

Top tip. If you need to look at the map, stop for a minute where it is convenient and legal to do so.

How would you have coped with life before 1995?

Mind you, there are people who think men couldn't have to the moon because the computer on the Apollo flights were as powerful as a hand-held calculator.

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:31 - Nov 28 with 3509 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:29 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Top tip. If you need to look at the map, stop for a minute where it is convenient and legal to do so.

Mind you, there are people who think men couldn't have to the moon because the computer on the Apollo flights were as powerful as a hand-held calculator.

Gawping at your phone, on a bike, seems like it would be a successful way of getting oneself squashed beneath a truck.

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 3508 viewsfactual_blue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:31 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

Gawping at your phone, on a bike, seems like it would be a successful way of getting oneself squashed beneath a truck.

Would that be a Moose Logistics Solutions truck?

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:34 - Nov 28 with 3505 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:32 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Would that be a Moose Logistics Solutions truck?

Possibly. We did lobby Parliament hard to enshrine it in law that wing mirrors be consigned to the past. Our drivers can see behind themselves quite well whilst taking selfies.

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 3499 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:29 - Nov 28 by factual_blue

Here's a top tip for YOU - sat navs speak to you, so you don't have to look at the map. Scary stuff, huh?

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:38 - Nov 28 with 3492 viewsSpruceMoose

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:36 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Here's a top tip for YOU - sat navs speak to you, so you don't have to look at the map. Scary stuff, huh?

Surely you're not wearing head phones while you are cycling?!

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:44 - Nov 28 with 3479 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can anyone recommend a good Android sat nav app that's offline? (n/t) on 20:38 - Nov 28 by SpruceMoose

Surely you're not wearing head phones while you are cycling?!

No. Many do but I never have.

You're desperately trying to trip me up but I'm side-stepping every one of your challenges

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024