Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers 17:27 - Nov 28 with 2044 viewschicoazul

Is it true that Americans tumble dry their jeans?

I also hear it is very much frowned upon to dry one's washing outside full stop. Is this also true?

Americans are so weird.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:29 - Nov 28 with 2029 viewsBluefish

I tumble dry my jeans. They are great to put on after tumble drying. Yanks tumble dry everything but I always assume it is because they are too lazy to hang it out.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:30 - Nov 28 with 2023 viewschicoazul

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:29 - Nov 28 by Bluefish

I tumble dry my jeans. They are great to put on after tumble drying. Yanks tumble dry everything but I always assume it is because they are too lazy to hang it out.

....really? This is pure insanity. Surely tumble drying totally screws your jeans?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:31 - Nov 28 with 2021 viewsvapour_trail

Only after they’ve emptied the ammo out, imagine that lot clattering around.

I tumble dry the kids jeans. And a couple of the missus pair will also go in there. Drying outside is a bit of a faff, and impractical most of the year.

Heated storage with built in drying racks. It’s the future.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:32 - Nov 28 with 2014 viewsBluefish

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:30 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

....really? This is pure insanity. Surely tumble drying totally screws your jeans?

Why? I buy expensive jeans but not sure if that plays a part.

They never fit better than straight out of the tumble dryer

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:33 - Nov 28 with 2012 viewsartsbossbeard

Showing your neighbors (SIC) your washing is indeed frowned upon. When I stayed with mu mate and family in LA, the washing was aired in the garage, whilst the sun shone gloriously all day.

Also, allowing v young kids to toddle about in outside swimming pools without trunks isn't the done thing either. We were politely advised of this but it's ok, as the lady understood that we do things different in Europe as she'd visited Norway once.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:33 - Nov 28 with 2007 viewschicoazul

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:32 - Nov 28 by Bluefish

Why? I buy expensive jeans but not sure if that plays a part.

They never fit better than straight out of the tumble dryer

It's like keeping your eggs in the fridge. It just aint right.

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:34 - Nov 28 with 2005 viewsSwansea_Blue

It does happen quite a lot. There's a drying line in the rented house we're saying in, so some obviously line dry. Not that it's any good today - it was -11 this morning. Bit chilly on the billy.

edit - yes Americans are weird.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2017 17:34]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:36 - Nov 28 with 1999 viewschicoazul

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:31 - Nov 28 by vapour_trail

Only after they’ve emptied the ammo out, imagine that lot clattering around.

I tumble dry the kids jeans. And a couple of the missus pair will also go in there. Drying outside is a bit of a faff, and impractical most of the year.

Heated storage with built in drying racks. It’s the future.

Tumble dry the kids jeans is fine because they grow out of them in a year (mine are 5 and 8) but tumble drying adult jeans is just wrong.
I have one of them heated rack things for drying indoors during winter but I work from home so usually just dry on the line apart from the couple months of the year when it's too cold/no wind.

Login to get fewer ads

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:36 - Nov 28 with 1999 viewsSpruceMoose

I assume the tiny lady who does my washing down the street tumble dries my stuff, but I couldn't tell you for sure. We have no washer, and no drier in the building, and nowhere to hang washing out, so I guess we don't have too many options.

I'm sure the fact that my jeans are now three sizes too small is because of her, and not my developing love of NEIPAs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:37 - Nov 28 with 1995 viewsSpruceMoose

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:33 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

It's like keeping your eggs in the fridge. It just aint right.

The Americans wash their eggs though. You want to keep those in the fridge unless you want intestinal strife.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 1981 viewschicoazul

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:33 - Nov 28 by artsbossbeard

Showing your neighbors (SIC) your washing is indeed frowned upon. When I stayed with mu mate and family in LA, the washing was aired in the garage, whilst the sun shone gloriously all day.

Also, allowing v young kids to toddle about in outside swimming pools without trunks isn't the done thing either. We were politely advised of this but it's ok, as the lady understood that we do things different in Europe as she'd visited Norway once.

Must be a collective memory of the puritan/prod settlers or something. Yanks are all weird about drinking too.

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 1978 viewsvapour_trail

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:36 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

Tumble dry the kids jeans is fine because they grow out of them in a year (mine are 5 and 8) but tumble drying adult jeans is just wrong.
I have one of them heated rack things for drying indoors during winter but I work from home so usually just dry on the line apart from the couple months of the year when it's too cold/no wind.

You sound as if you’ve your operation sorted then. No way I’d chuck my jeans in the dryer either.

Now all you need to do is move those eggs into the fridge where they belong.

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:47 - Nov 28 with 1954 viewschicoazul

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:39 - Nov 28 by vapour_trail

You sound as if you’ve your operation sorted then. No way I’d chuck my jeans in the dryer either.

Now all you need to do is move those eggs into the fridge where they belong.

You'll be telling me you put your cheese in the fridge next.

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:51 - Nov 28 with 1944 viewsvapour_trail

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:47 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

Erm. Well yes as it goes. Until a few hours before it wants eating anyways.

Do you own a fridge?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:02 - Nov 28 with 1924 viewsBluefish

Attn: IllinoisBlue, JoeyJoeJOe or US-experienced TWTDers on 17:47 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024