Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joshua v Wilder 23:07 - Nov 8 with 3986 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Prediction: Wilder would knock him clean out

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Joshua v Wilder on 23:09 - Nov 8 with 3980 viewsStokieBlue

He'd probably knock anyone out if he him them flush.

However he has to hit them flush first without being taken out himself and he's pretty ponderous.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Joshua v Wilder on 23:11 - Nov 8 with 3974 viewsLuk38644

Fury would toy with both of them
Joshua v Wilder on 23:25 - Nov 8 with 3947 viewsJakeITFC

I was at the Wilder v Stiverne fight on Saturday and was blown away (much like Stiverne) by the performance.

Will Wilder be able to adjust to a faster boxer coming forward to him on the front foot? I’m not sure. Will Joshua be able to resist the urge to just square up and have a scrap? Also not sure.

I don’t see how anybody could say Wilder would win on what’s come before - Joshua has the much better record (in terms of calibre if opponent), has had his chin tested more, his resolve tested more and has fought in much grander arenas than Wilder. He will also likely have home advantage.

AJ would be shorter than 1/2 if the fight was tomorrow imo.
Joshua v Wilder on 23:29 - Nov 8 with 3934 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joshua v Wilder on 23:25 - Nov 8 by JakeITFC

I was at the Wilder v Stiverne fight on Saturday and was blown away (much like Stiverne) by the performance.

Will Wilder be able to adjust to a faster boxer coming forward to him on the front foot? I’m not sure. Will Joshua be able to resist the urge to just square up and have a scrap? Also not sure.

I don’t see how anybody could say Wilder would win on what’s come before - Joshua has the much better record (in terms of calibre if opponent), has had his chin tested more, his resolve tested more and has fought in much grander arenas than Wilder. He will also likely have home advantage.

AJ would be shorter than 1/2 if the fight was tomorrow imo.

I've said since the Dillian whyte fight that Joshua will be beaten when he first fights a big puncher.

He did well against klitscko after being hit but I think wilders crazy/savage approach would knock him out early

In fact, I would be backing wilder to win in rounds 1-3 if the price was right

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Joshua v Wilder on 06:35 - Nov 9 with 3828 viewsTLA

Joshua v Wilder on 23:29 - Nov 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I've said since the Dillian whyte fight that Joshua will be beaten when he first fights a big puncher.

He did well against klitscko after being hit but I think wilders crazy/savage approach would knock him out early

In fact, I would be backing wilder to win in rounds 1-3 if the price was right

Wilder says it'll be the biggest fight in history - it's nowhere near that but it is interesting.

I think AJ is at Bruno level, fighting in a much weaker division. A young Tyson would clean this current lot up in about 3 minutes!

AJ vs Wilder is a bit like a poor man's Tyson vs Bruno and I'd have Wilder inside 4, although if AJ does get through it, he could be champ for a while.

I'd like to see AJ fight Parker and Wilder fight White and then the winners fight in the summer to unify the lot. Then a December fight with Fury (if he can get back) to prove who is the best in a very average heavyweight division.
Joshua v Wilder on 07:18 - Nov 9 with 3790 viewsHarry_Palmer

If he got a lucky punch in maybe, otherwise he would be outboxed and loose.
Joshua v Wilder on 07:33 - Nov 9 with 3774 viewsHerbivore

Wilder's technique is abysmal. He telegraphs his punches and is wild and wide open. He's largely fought cans and often not looked very good in doing so. There are questions over his chin too, he's been rocked by non-punchers and dropped and stopped in the amateurs. Sure he can punch but that's all he has and Stiverne was hugely overweight and inactive and offered no resistance whatsoever. AJ stops him in 5.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joshua v Wilder on 08:17 - Nov 9 with 3718 viewshype313

Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note, certainly no one like Joshua. His fight the other night was no different to seeing p1ssed up blokes throwing windmills at eachother outside a kebab shop.

Forget Wilder, forget Joshua, forget Fury, the man to watch is David Dubois.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 8:25]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Joshua v Wilder on 08:50 - Nov 9 with 3673 viewsshoopdelang

Joshua v Wilder on 07:33 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

Wilder's technique is abysmal. He telegraphs his punches and is wild and wide open. He's largely fought cans and often not looked very good in doing so. There are questions over his chin too, he's been rocked by non-punchers and dropped and stopped in the amateurs. Sure he can punch but that's all he has and Stiverne was hugely overweight and inactive and offered no resistance whatsoever. AJ stops him in 5.

Always gets me when I hear this. Wilder Olympic bronze medalist. And we know olympic boxing is based on " tagging : your opponent as opposed to being wild. Based on that and his now professional record I don't think you can say his technique is abysmal.

Same thing was said about Tyson Fury and look what he done to Klitschko. Fighters who don't have a standard fighting style and technique are often the most difficult to fight against.

I am personally not a Joshua fan. He was outboxed for vast majority of the fight but Klitschko ( who 2 years before couldn't get near Tyson Fury and everyone said klitchko was passed his best )
Also Dillin Whyte rocked Joshua for 2-3 rounds.

Having said that I think AJ could unify due to how weak the heavyweight division is right now. He will beat Parker and take his belt no problem. And the Wilder fight could go either way. Just really a question of if he can keep up with all the mandatories.
Joshua v Wilder on 08:55 - Nov 9 with 3662 viewsshoopdelang

Joshua v Wilder on 06:35 - Nov 9 by TLA

Wilder says it'll be the biggest fight in history - it's nowhere near that but it is interesting.

I think AJ is at Bruno level, fighting in a much weaker division. A young Tyson would clean this current lot up in about 3 minutes!

AJ vs Wilder is a bit like a poor man's Tyson vs Bruno and I'd have Wilder inside 4, although if AJ does get through it, he could be champ for a while.

I'd like to see AJ fight Parker and Wilder fight White and then the winners fight in the summer to unify the lot. Then a December fight with Fury (if he can get back) to prove who is the best in a very average heavyweight division.

Agree with all of this 100%. Well said, whyte deserves to be in amgonst them without a doubt ( as to how weak the division is just now )
Joshua v Wilder on 09:06 - Nov 9 with 3650 viewscolonel

Dubois can certainly bang. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he progresses over the next year or so. He has concussive power.

AJ would have to have a big off day to get caught with one of Wilder's windmills. Tbf Wilder has fast hands & can straight punch too. If AJ can maintain concentration I'd back him but he does need to brush up on his defensive skills. Wilder's general technique is a level below AJs right now so depends upon how much he can improve in the interim.

Much has been said about home advantage and atmosphere. This can sometimes energise the away fighter too. We were at Cardiff and it certainly didn't adversely affect Takam. Quite the reverse. Wilder has sat ringside before for AJs fights so he knows what to expect.

If they fought 10 times I'd say AJ 8-1 with 1 no contest
Joshua v Wilder on 09:35 - Nov 9 with 3621 viewsimsureazzure

Joshua v Wilder on 08:50 - Nov 9 by shoopdelang

Always gets me when I hear this. Wilder Olympic bronze medalist. And we know olympic boxing is based on " tagging : your opponent as opposed to being wild. Based on that and his now professional record I don't think you can say his technique is abysmal.

Same thing was said about Tyson Fury and look what he done to Klitschko. Fighters who don't have a standard fighting style and technique are often the most difficult to fight against.

I am personally not a Joshua fan. He was outboxed for vast majority of the fight but Klitschko ( who 2 years before couldn't get near Tyson Fury and everyone said klitchko was passed his best )
Also Dillin Whyte rocked Joshua for 2-3 rounds.

Having said that I think AJ could unify due to how weak the heavyweight division is right now. He will beat Parker and take his belt no problem. And the Wilder fight could go either way. Just really a question of if he can keep up with all the mandatories.

Bullseye, some of the boxing insight on here is laughable.
Joshua v Wilder on 10:19 - Nov 9 with 3576 viewsHerbivore

Joshua v Wilder on 09:35 - Nov 9 by imsureazzure

Bullseye, some of the boxing insight on here is laughable.

Yours being a prime example.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joshua v Wilder on 10:27 - Nov 9 with 3567 viewsmaccyd9

Joshua v Wilder on 08:55 - Nov 9 by shoopdelang

Agree with all of this 100%. Well said, whyte deserves to be in amgonst them without a doubt ( as to how weak the division is just now )

I think it's really hard to call. Both can obviously bang, AJ is for me the more technical of the two and both have shown there are questions when they get caught on the whiskers.

Arguably AJ has had the far better preparation in having to come through some really rough patches against Wlad and certainly has the better names on his record.

As for Stiverne, I'd have backed most in shape heavyweights in the top 10 to do what Wilder did.

If AJ can stay switched on I just see him having too much, but he could get caught cold early or if he blows up again like he did against Wlad.

As for Whyte, his recent form shows he does not deserve to be in the top level fights and certainly wouldn't pose a threat to Wilder.

Also, whoever commented on Dubois was bang on. He is raw but his potential at 20 years is crazy.

I don't agree with those saying it's an average division, I can't remember a time when the division as wide open as it is with so many good fighters. A fit Fury cannot be discounted but again, his vulnerability was proven by getting dropped by Cunningham.

If all fit and well you have AJ, Wilder, Fury, Parker as the "fab 4" but plenty underneath to make fights interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024