Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? 15:42 - Sep 18 with 2177 viewstractorshark

Serious question.
I'm not a Mick outer but it's seems more often than not he ends up changing our formation midway through the first half or at half time because it's not working.
Why don't we get it right from the start?
I can understand it happening here and there but it seems to occur a lot.
What's more puzzling is Mick chooses most of our formations based on matching the opposition and stopping them playing.
So why isn't it working? The oppo seem to get acres of space and we're no threat at all.
Is it just the manager? Or are the players to blame as well?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2017 15:57]
Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 2153 viewsIllinoisblue

5 wins from 7 suggests he's getting it mostly right.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 15:56 - Sep 18 with 2138 viewstractorshark

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 15:48 - Sep 18 by Illinoisblue

But even by his own admission, frequently he says I had to change things because it wasn't working.
Saturday was another example.
I don't dispute he's got it right after the change.
I'm just asking why is it often wrong from the start?
Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 16:19 - Sep 18 with 2105 viewsIllinoisblue

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 15:56 - Sep 18 by tractorshark

But even by his own admission, frequently he says I had to change things because it wasn't working.
Saturday was another example.
I don't dispute he's got it right after the change.
I'm just asking why is it often wrong from the start?

couldn't you equally ask why is it so often right at the end?

62 - 78 - 81

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 16:23 - Sep 18 with 2095 viewschicoazul

That is a fair comment but it does *seem* to be something he says/does quite a lot now and historically too, "we had to change to match them" or similar.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 2082 viewsIllinoisblue

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 16:23 - Sep 18 by chicoazul

That is a fair comment but it does *seem* to be something he says/does quite a lot now and historically too, "we had to change to match them" or similar.

probably what what those good, young, and hungry managers should be doing, right? Changing, reacting and adapting to get the win.

62 - 78 - 81

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 23:41 - Sep 18 with 1956 viewsGiveusaWave

Control in midfield is seriously needed. Feel McGinn would have been a good signing in that respect.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 03:12 - Sep 19 with 1918 viewsCurrie10

I have the view a thought deep ingrained in Mick's mind is contain first, and do not lose.

Very rare we take the game to the opposition.

Must be bucket load of our games we're level at half time.

Then seems to be a case of assess, act, and have a go more so second half.

We certainly don't seem to start well...
Why are our starting formations mostly wrong? on 03:52 - Sep 19 with 1904 viewsharlingblue

For home games, we should have a team selected to dominate from the start, get supporters and team on the front foot. None of this matching up to the opposition formation, let them worry about us.
In away games pick the most hard working team to nullify the opposition, annoy home supporters, and then hit them with Celina and Rowe.
5 wins out of 7 is a great return from a skeleton squad desimated with injuries, but well supplimented by youth players who have done their bit.
Mick will have a happy, but hard job to pick a team when the whole squad are available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024