Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New 'Brand New' album 08:38 - Aug 18 with 958 viewsSwailsey

Anyone else a fan?

Been waiting 8 years for it and it's wonderful!

http://www.procrastinatemusictraitors.com/

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

New 'Brand New' album on 08:41 - Aug 18 with 940 viewsMullet

Massive fan back in the day, had completely missed the date for this one. Will give it a go this afternoon.

Saw them twice once at Waterfront and once in Southampton. First one they were brilliant, in the bigger venue they seemed a bit off.

Devil and God is an album that should have been huge.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New 'Brand New' album on 08:44 - Aug 18 with 931 viewsSwailsey

New 'Brand New' album on 08:41 - Aug 18 by Mullet

Massive fan back in the day, had completely missed the date for this one. Will give it a go this afternoon.

Saw them twice once at Waterfront and once in Southampton. First one they were brilliant, in the bigger venue they seemed a bit off.

Devil and God is an album that should have been huge.

It sort of come out of nowhere, in their classic style.

An email went round earlier in the week saying preorders were available, the link and website was then taken down 20 minutes later, then silence and then the album fully released.

Did you get Daisy? It took a while to grow on me but I ended up loving it.

They are just a band who get better and better with every album.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

New 'Brand New' album on 08:47 - Aug 18 with 921 viewsMullet

New 'Brand New' album on 08:44 - Aug 18 by Swailsey

It sort of come out of nowhere, in their classic style.

An email went round earlier in the week saying preorders were available, the link and website was then taken down 20 minutes later, then silence and then the album fully released.

Did you get Daisy? It took a while to grow on me but I ended up loving it.

They are just a band who get better and better with every album.

I didn't wanna broach Daisy for fear of offending!

I've never got into it. Deja was in my car for nearly a decade and I know it note for note, learnt pretty much every song off of it at some point, TDAG seemed like a huge step up and then Daisy just seemed a bit of a mess.

I'd say Jesse was the most underrated songwriter around back in the early 00's no coincidence he's influenced by Moz.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New 'Brand New' album on 08:50 - Aug 18 with 912 viewsSwailsey

New 'Brand New' album on 08:47 - Aug 18 by Mullet

I didn't wanna broach Daisy for fear of offending!

I've never got into it. Deja was in my car for nearly a decade and I know it note for note, learnt pretty much every song off of it at some point, TDAG seemed like a huge step up and then Daisy just seemed a bit of a mess.

I'd say Jesse was the most underrated songwriter around back in the early 00's no coincidence he's influenced by Moz.

That's fair - it took many, many listens for me to click with Daisy. It was when I was stuck in a traffic jam for 3 hours and had it on loop. Lyrically it's wonderful and the pure songs are really nice, have you seen the acoustic sessions they did for it full band? Beneath the noise and screaming there are some great melodies:

Agreed though re. TDAG - it's one of, if not, my favorite album of all time.

This new album so far sounds like a real mixture of Deja and Devil, which is nice.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024