Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Bruce? 18:44 - Aug 12 with 4100 viewsSwailsey

Would be perfectly good enough as cover?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Alex Bruce? on 18:50 - Aug 12 with 4080 viewspointofblue

If we're looking for a free transfer just to tie us over until Webster and Smith are back we don't have many options - Lescott, Wasilewski, Bruce and Nyatanga are the obvious ones who know this division.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Alex Bruce? on 18:52 - Aug 12 with 4067 viewsElderGrizzly

Nope. Expensive and not good enough

It will be a difficult sell to any player who will be out as soon as our own are fit
Alex Bruce? on 18:54 - Aug 12 with 4051 viewsJ2BLUE

Alex Bruce? on 18:52 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Nope. Expensive and not good enough

It will be a difficult sell to any player who will be out as soon as our own are fit

Expensive? He's a free agent and has had to sign for his dad several times. Not sure people are queuing up to offer him big money deals?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alex Bruce? on 18:56 - Aug 12 with 4041 viewsElderGrizzly

Alex Bruce? on 18:54 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

Expensive? He's a free agent and has had to sign for his dad several times. Not sure people are queuing up to offer him big money deals?

Expensive in terms of the sort of wages we pay for what we need. My main gripe is he is not good enough and people mistake passion for ability
Alex Bruce? on 19:02 - Aug 12 with 4005 viewstheblueginger

Alex Bruce? on 18:50 - Aug 12 by pointofblue

If we're looking for a free transfer just to tie us over until Webster and Smith are back we don't have many options - Lescott, Wasilewski, Bruce and Nyatanga are the obvious ones who know this division.

Lescott maybe? Or a loanee until Xmas.

I would suggest Iorfa goes there but he was good at RB. Chambers was immense at CB as well today.
Alex Bruce? on 20:17 - Aug 12 with 3805 viewsSmithy

Actually think that's a really good shout, knows the division and more importantly the club. Would also offer cover for both centre half and midfield while putting himself in the shop window if he got any game time. Can't imagine he'd be costly either.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Alex Bruce? on 20:40 - Aug 12 with 3718 viewsBluebell

Why would we want him if his father doesn't?

Villa aren't breaking any records!
Alex Bruce? on 20:45 - Aug 12 with 3693 viewsITFCBlues

Alex Bruce? on 20:40 - Aug 12 by Bluebell

Why would we want him if his father doesn't?

Villa aren't breaking any records!

Because we're desperate and there probably isn't many free transfers with his level of experience about?

His dad didn't let him go - he was at Hull

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Bruce? on 20:48 - Aug 12 with 3683 viewsBluebell

Alex Bruce? on 20:45 - Aug 12 by ITFCBlues

Because we're desperate and there probably isn't many free transfers with his level of experience about?

His dad didn't let him go - he was at Hull

But if his dad thought he was any good he would sign him for Villa.
Alex Bruce? on 20:53 - Aug 12 with 3660 viewsITFCBlues

Alex Bruce? on 20:48 - Aug 12 by Bluebell

I'm not sure what his dads got to do with it. But we need a CB with a level of experience. We could do a lot worse than Bruce imo. Guess it depends who else is about. But we'd need someone who's ready to go and I believe Bruce done a full pre-season with another club (can't recall who now?)

We really don't want a young inexperienced CB

Alex Bruce? on 20:56 - Aug 12 with 3645 viewsHugoagogo

With all due respect, Bluebell, Steve won't always want to sign a solid and reliable, if unspectacular, centre back for every team he manages. Perhaps he's happy with his defence and Alex won't improve it. Alex may be his son, but I think Steve's not got where he has by being a blinkered nepotist! 😀
[Post edited 12 Aug 2017 20:56]
Alex Bruce? on 21:00 - Aug 12 with 3623 viewsElderGrizzly

Alex Bruce? on 20:53 - Aug 12 by ITFCBlues

I'm not sure what his dads got to do with it. But we need a CB with a level of experience. We could do a lot worse than Bruce imo. Guess it depends who else is about. But we'd need someone who's ready to go and I believe Bruce done a full pre-season with another club (can't recall who now?)

We really don't want a young inexperienced CB

I think we'll be short on options for someone to sit on the bench and probably not even that when the others are fit.

If he wants to do that then fine, but i think we can do better. Whoever comes in musn't block anyone of ours from progressing.

Deal until January?
Alex Bruce? on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 3582 viewsITFCBlues

Alex Bruce? on 21:00 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

I think we'll be short on options for someone to sit on the bench and probably not even that when the others are fit.

If he wants to do that then fine, but i think we can do better. Whoever comes in musn't block anyone of ours from progressing.

Deal until January?

To be honest I never understood why we let Taylor go. Lots of experience and a really good pedigree. Would've been perfect.

Alex Bruce? on 21:15 - Aug 12 with 3575 viewssundaze

Alex Bruce? on 21:00 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

Deal until January?

It's all about competition, if we bring in a centre back and he plays well, then there is no reason he shouldn't stay in the team. We have some great youngsters coming through in many positions, but we can't expect them to carry us through a long tough season.
Alex Bruce? on 21:17 - Aug 12 with 3568 viewspointofblue

Surely any of those available at the moment would have been snapped up already if they were both talented enough and their wage demands were reasonable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Alex Bruce? on 21:34 - Aug 12 with 3506 viewsElderGrizzly

Alex Bruce? on 21:14 - Aug 12 by ITFCBlues

To be honest I never understood why we let Taylor go. Lots of experience and a really good pedigree. Would've been perfect.

Was told we didn't let go as such. He wanted more regular football and we couldn't give him that.
Alex Bruce? on 21:38 - Aug 12 with 3488 viewsElderGrizzly

Alex Bruce? on 21:15 - Aug 12 by sundaze

It's all about competition, if we bring in a centre back and he plays well, then there is no reason he shouldn't stay in the team. We have some great youngsters coming through in many positions, but we can't expect them to carry us through a long tough season.

At CB we have:

Chambers
Smith
Webster
Knudsen
Spence
Iorfa (at a push)
Woolfenden

The latter has 45 mins experience, but i wouldn't see anyone coming in getting in front of the top 3 when all fit if we switch to 442, which we will when all the CMs are fit.

Agree on competition, but we don't want Coke type players blocking progression
Alex Bruce? on 21:48 - Aug 12 with 3468 viewsITFCBlues

Alex Bruce? on 21:38 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

At CB we have:

Chambers
Smith
Webster
Knudsen
Spence
Iorfa (at a push)
Woolfenden

The latter has 45 mins experience, but i wouldn't see anyone coming in getting in front of the top 3 when all fit if we switch to 442, which we will when all the CMs are fit.

But who Would they be blocking?

Alex Bruce? on 22:42 - Aug 12 with 3382 viewssundaze

Alex Bruce? on 21:38 - Aug 12 by ElderGrizzly

At CB we have:

Chambers
Smith
Webster
Knudsen
Spence
Iorfa (at a push)
Woolfenden

I don't recall Coke stopping anyone making progress, he hardly ever featured. We will soon play teams with strikers that can take chances, Bart can't keep saving us. Every successful team has to keep building, we are now down to the bare bones, it is not the time for sentiment, we need reinforcements. If they are better than the players we already have they will make the team and stay there. If not, then once our other players are fit they will find their place waiting for them.
Alex Bruce? on 10:32 - Aug 13 with 3083 viewshaughleyblue74

there is a chap going by the name of Seb Bassong who is training on his own on Wymondham rec. Looking for a club by all accounts!!??
Alex Bruce? on 10:40 - Aug 13 with 3061 viewsSteve_M

Alex Bruce? on 10:32 - Aug 13 by haughleyblue74

there is a chap going by the name of Seb Bassong who is training on his own on Wymondham rec. Looking for a club by all accounts!!??

I bet he still gets done for pace training on his own.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Signed for Bury today on 14:33 - Aug 13 with 2903 viewsElderGrizzly

Probably his level tbh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024