Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing supporters 16:09 - Apr 9 with 4008 viewsjasondozzell

Completely agree with comments about the supporters at front yesterday who got into a tussle with stewards. The club is in a bad state at the moment but idiots like that don't help. Chanting 'MM your football is sh@t' BEFORE the game, turning on the team, booing your own players, shoving stewards and being aggressive idiots helps no one. What really annoys me is I don't remember seeing any of that lot at any of the other away games. I want Mick to go now too, but he did a good job when he joined us and I'd like to see us support the team, not use a London away game to live out some Danny Dyer fantasy.
Embarrassing supporters on 05:38 - Apr 10 with 3542 viewsBenters

Yep great stuff we are on course for the worst finish in 50+ years and its the fans fault !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Embarrassing supporters on 08:14 - Apr 10 with 3441 viewsmaccyd9

Grow up.

The overwhelming majority go to many away games and have season tickets for many many years. It just so happened that everyone was sitting together.

Do you know what started the tussle? I'm sure you don't.

The fans that passively sit there accepting the demise of our club imo are far worse than a group of lads who sang a few songs about the manager and owner but were very much pro the players.....which seems to have been missed.
Embarrassing supporters on 08:50 - Apr 10 with 3354 views26_Paz

I want Mick out and support some form of protest. There has to be a better way of doing it than 20 of the dregs of humanity trying (and failing) to intimidate a few stewards at a random away ground though ...

The Paz Man

Embarrassing supporters on 08:54 - Apr 10 with 3340 viewsReuser_is_God

Embarrassing supporters on 08:14 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

Grow up.

The overwhelming majority go to many away games and have season tickets for many many years. It just so happened that everyone was sitting together.

Do you know what started the tussle? I'm sure you don't.

The fans that passively sit there accepting the demise of our club imo are far worse than a group of lads who sang a few songs about the manager and owner but were very much pro the players.....which seems to have been missed.

What did start the tussle?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Embarrassing supporters on 09:00 - Apr 10 with 3300 viewsSW17Blue

No debate that an anti Mick/ME chant isn't constructive, unless the players really wanted to play for MM and it had a catalytic reaction. I would say, take Bart in goal for example, he's probably played with far more intimidating stuff going on behind in back in Poland!

The songs that have started to be heard (though still in minority) are not what has caused the league position/scenario that we are in, they are a consequence of it.

They may well be frustrated by what they may regard as an apathetic stance from others? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that 'style' of supporter gets a bashing on here in quite an insular, provincial manner. Would be interesting to see if those involved would be quite so aggressive with their condemnation of others actions.
Embarrassing supporters on 09:00 - Apr 10 with 3298 viewsmaccyd9

Embarrassing supporters on 08:54 - Apr 10 by Reuser_is_God

What did start the tussle?

The unlocked gate at the front opened at which point the stewards thought there was going to be some of pitch invasion (which of course there wasn't) and started shoving the Town fans at the front, one in the face.

There was no police intervention and not even an increased steward presence which in itself shows you how little of an issue it was.
Embarrassing supporters on 09:12 - Apr 10 with 3237 viewstextbackup

Embarrassing supporters on 09:00 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

The unlocked gate at the front opened at which point the stewards thought there was going to be some of pitch invasion (which of course there wasn't) and started shoving the Town fans at the front, one in the face.

There was no police intervention and not even an increased steward presence which in itself shows you how little of an issue it was.

Lol, and so many are up in arms over it. Sums the majority of our divvy fan base up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Embarrassing supporters on 09:12 - Apr 10 with 3240 viewsPlums

Being embarrassed on behalf of other people seems to be a thing now. Has it moved on from offence by proxy?
Personally, if someone want to be a bit of a nob, I think to myself 'he's a bit of a nob' and get on with my day. I certainly don't think 'he's embarrassing me by being a bit of a nob'. Why would you?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing supporters on 09:15 - Apr 10 with 3214 views26_Paz

Embarrassing supporters on 09:12 - Apr 10 by Plums

Being embarrassed on behalf of other people seems to be a thing now. Has it moved on from offence by proxy?
Personally, if someone want to be a bit of a nob, I think to myself 'he's a bit of a nob' and get on with my day. I certainly don't think 'he's embarrassing me by being a bit of a nob'. Why would you?

I was right near them first half and they were utter mongs to be fair. Luckily there were plenty of empty seats so just moved second half. I found them amusing rather than embarrassing when I wasn't sat so close to them!

The Paz Man

Embarrassing supporters on 09:19 - Apr 10 with 3201 viewsmaccyd9

Embarrassing supporters on 09:15 - Apr 10 by 26_Paz

I was right near them first half and they were utter mongs to be fair. Luckily there were plenty of empty seats so just moved second half. I found them amusing rather than embarrassing when I wasn't sat so close to them!

But that is just not true is it.

The group at the front of which everyone seems to be so offended by only came together from half time onwards and was not vocal until the hour mark.

You may be referring to a smaller group which makes your offence to it even more over the top.
Embarrassing supporters on 09:20 - Apr 10 with 3193 viewsPlums

Embarrassing supporters on 09:15 - Apr 10 by 26_Paz

It's 2017, I suggest you edit that before Phil does.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Embarrassing supporters on 09:24 - Apr 10 with 3151 views26_Paz

Embarrassing supporters on 09:19 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

But that is just not true is it.

The group at the front of which everyone seems to be so offended by only came together from half time onwards and was not vocal until the hour mark.

You may be referring to a smaller group which makes your offence to it even more over the top.

Did you even read my post? I wasn't offended. They were just annoying me a little bit to be honest. Singing football songs is surely only fun if lots of people are doing it. Singing songs on your own just makes you look like a weirdo. Don't get me wrong they have paid their entrance fee and are entitled to behave as they wish as long as they don't over step the mark (which I don't think they did). I moved because having a drunk man singing songs on his own in my ear wasn't much fun!

The Paz Man

Embarrassing supporters on 09:25 - Apr 10 with 3152 viewsPJH

Embarrassing supporters on 09:12 - Apr 10 by Plums

From my point of view the 'embarrassing' bit is the thought that MM and the players might think that we are all like those people.
Home support generally has been pretty poor for quite a while but until this season it has been a pleasure to be a part of the away support because everyone both on and off the pitch has been together.
I don't think that makes me embarrassed on behalf of other people,it makes me embarrassed on behalf of myself in case the players and Management think that all of us go to all/most away games to support them are now down at the level of that vociferous few.
Embarrassing supporters on 09:28 - Apr 10 with 3128 viewsCOYBitfc

Embarrassing supporters on 09:00 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

Absolutely pathetic reaction to all of this from our blue tinted glasses brigade... I was several rows further back than the group that are being referenced here and slightly off to the left side of the goal. Really there was nothing in it, pretty much as described above.

Please explain what is wrong with fans expressing their frustrations at the current management and ownership? We are at our lowest ebb for, what is it, 50years? Why can't people express an opinion? Why can't these opinions be against the regime? Without this it will just seem that all are happy to just turn up, clap and acknowledge that we are on a downward spiral but simply give a little clap while muttering under their breath and going home.

Evans needs to face up to the fans, talk to us, his faceless facade does him no favours and without doubt adds further fuel to the fire with regards to the ill feeling towards him. If you look at the figures he is not putting money into the club like he once was, think it works out at 500k ish per season for the last few...

McCarthy, while a likeable chap, has lost it here. He is to far gone and is now in danger of damaging his future career opportunities. He just needs to get us over the line and move away quietly.

I get a new manager may not offer much more while Evans is still here, but one thing is for sure the current combination cannot carry on, if it does I fear we will fall into League 1 next season and will struggle to get back up any time soon thereafter.

For these reasons I simply cannot understand the drama that has followed Saturday and the group of fans that decided to make their points known, frankly I find it embarrassing and as many of my London club supporting mates have said to me in the fast, Ipswich fans are far to soft in the majority and if our situation was being replicated at many other clubs there would be a minority outcry from the fans, akin to the small group on Saturday. Many of which I will add I recognise as fans who have been supporting Town home and away for 20,30,40+ years. So to lambast them and not call them real 'fans' is simply embarrassing....

Rant over, have a good week everyone.

P.s I believe there is a replica shirt sale on at Planet Blue, sure that will interest many of you.

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Embarrassing supporters on 09:30 - Apr 10 with 3114 viewsPinewoodblue

Embarrassing supporters on 09:25 - Apr 10 by PJH

From my point of view the 'embarrassing' bit is the thought that MM and the players might think that we are all like those people.
Home support generally has been pretty poor for quite a while but until this season it has been a pleasure to be a part of the away support because everyone both on and off the pitch has been together.
I don't think that makes me embarrassed on behalf of other people,it makes me embarrassed on behalf of myself in case the players and Management think that all of us go to all/most away games to support them are now down at the level of that vociferous few.

Events on the field of play at places such as Lincoln have been a bigger embarrassment than the behaviour of a small minority of fans.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Embarrassing supporters on 12:22 - Apr 10 with 2914 viewsBenters

Embarrassing supporters on 09:12 - Apr 10 by textbackup

Lol, and so many are up in arms over it. Sums the majority of our divvy fan base up

Ha!

Gentlybentley

Embarrassing supporters on 12:26 - Apr 10 with 2901 viewsstickymockwell

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Embarrassing supporters on 21:33 - Apr 10 with 2699 viewsBluedanW

I wasn't there Saturday but I must admit all seems to be a storm in a tea cup.
Ipswich fans have always been too nice for their own good in my opinion

The worst I've seen was during paul Jewell' s reign. A few town fans in front of my position in north stand lower slating on loan West ham keeper Stephen Henderson every game, He was getting crucified every game despite the fact he wasn't playing that bad. At one point I thought Henderson was going to do a Eric cantona as he squared up with the fan. As a town fan I was embarrassed by this one group of Ipswich fans.
Embarrassing supporters on 04:59 - Apr 11 with 2530 viewsBenters

I do honestly feel that there should be a new section at away games just for the Galloways lot,maybe have some earphones with some soothing music playing through them?

Gentlybentley

Embarrassing supporters on 06:32 - Apr 11 with 2487 viewscrunchie1978

Proper supporters...not scarfer.
Embarrassing supporters on 06:36 - Apr 11 with 2473 viewsBenters

Embarrassing supporters on 06:32 - Apr 11 by crunchie1978

Interesting .

Gentlybentley

Embarrassing supporters on 08:31 - Apr 11 with 2374 viewsKeaneish

I was in with Fulham fans and none of them batted an eyelid so from that tiny straw poll, it hardly reflects badly on the club. What was quite damning though was that several Fulham fans were interested in chatting about ITFC once they knew i was a Town fan. All of them pretty much said in different terms, that this side is 'unrecognisable from the Ipswich they grew up knowing and came to watch today'. I'm paraphrasing but the sentiment was repeated several times.

The events on the field are far more detrimental to our name than a few terrace skirmishes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Embarrassing supporters on 10:12 - Apr 11 with 2306 viewsLeoMuff

Embarrassing supporters on 06:32 - Apr 11 by crunchie1978

You missed a w, should be pwoper nawty geezers.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Embarrassing supporters on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 2301 viewsPinewoodblue

Embarrassing supporters on 08:31 - Apr 11 by Keaneish

I was in with Fulham fans and none of them batted an eyelid so from that tiny straw poll, it hardly reflects badly on the club. What was quite damning though was that several Fulham fans were interested in chatting about ITFC once they knew i was a Town fan. All of them pretty much said in different terms, that this side is 'unrecognisable from the Ipswich they grew up knowing and came to watch today'. I'm paraphrasing but the sentiment was repeated several times.

The events on the field are far more detrimental to our name than a few terrace skirmishes.

A view also held by explayers, from the Robson era, thst have spoken to.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024