Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Pole in the goal 13:14 - Mar 9 with 1500 viewsclive_baker

Now I don't know the lad, big Bart seems like a decent chap from what I've seen. I do think he would do well to remember he was hacking around at Notts Country when we took a punt on him. As excellent as he's been for us it hasn't been without the odd dodgy moment and Mick, in his defence, has stood by Bart and made him number 1. I hope that loyalty is repaid. That said, we need to offer him a contract he deserves.

It's times like this we can take inspiration from Human League.

You were workin' as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you out, I shook you up and turned you around
Turned you into someone new

Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget, it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it when I hear that you won't see me
Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Big Pole in the goal on 13:33 - Mar 9 with 1445 viewsOsborneOneNil

He's our best player this year, by a distance.
Big Pole in the goal on 13:41 - Mar 9 with 1418 viewsSteve_M

We'll just have learnt that before he leaves in the Summer.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Big Pole in the goal on 14:12 - Mar 9 with 1358 viewsClausThomsen

He was left out for Gerken for half a season, I don't think he's forgotten that either.

We need a new manager before any player movement.
Big Pole in the goal on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 1274 viewsTractorWood

New contract, massive pay rise to him. If he goes, we need £5m+.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Big Pole in the goal on 15:20 - Mar 9 with 1265 viewsclive_baker

Big Pole in the goal on 14:12 - Mar 9 by ClausThomsen

He was left out for Gerken for half a season, I don't think he's forgotten that either.

We need a new manager before any player movement.

As much as Mick's football frustrates the crap out of me, when I remove any emotion from the situation and take a step back, I'm minded to think we're probably lucky to have him still. I'm not suggesting there's nobody on the planet that could improve us. We might stumble across a gem of a find and start playing sexy football with a squad of driven and passionate yoots, but I think we're more likely to recruit another Paul Jewell and flop even further.

Mick isn't anti football or anti entertainment. The Wolves team he took up with Ebanks-Blake, Doyle, Kightly and Jarvis was good to watch. As was his Ireland side. Unfortunately here his hands a tied and he's tasked with making a silk purse out of a sows ear. Put Lewis Hamilton in a Vauxhall Corsa and see how he gets on in the Grand Prix. It doesn't make him a bad driver.

We need an owner that will:

A) Be transparent with supporters over his ambition and expectations. Not continue to mis-sell a product on empty promises. Supporters can't complain if they're buying in with their eyes wide open.

or B) Give McCarthy £20m to spend in the summer and a proper chance to make us competitive.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Big Pole in the goal on 18:02 - Mar 9 with 1142 viewsClausThomsen

Big Pole in the goal on 15:20 - Mar 9 by clive_baker

As much as Mick's football frustrates the crap out of me, when I remove any emotion from the situation and take a step back, I'm minded to think we're probably lucky to have him still. I'm not suggesting there's nobody on the planet that could improve us. We might stumble across a gem of a find and start playing sexy football with a squad of driven and passionate yoots, but I think we're more likely to recruit another Paul Jewell and flop even further.

Mick isn't anti football or anti entertainment. The Wolves team he took up with Ebanks-Blake, Doyle, Kightly and Jarvis was good to watch. As was his Ireland side. Unfortunately here his hands a tied and he's tasked with making a silk purse out of a sows ear. Put Lewis Hamilton in a Vauxhall Corsa and see how he gets on in the Grand Prix. It doesn't make him a bad driver.

We need an owner that will:

A) Be transparent with supporters over his ambition and expectations. Not continue to mis-sell a product on empty promises. Supporters can't complain if they're buying in with their eyes wide open.

or B) Give McCarthy £20m to spend in the summer and a proper chance to make us competitive.

You're just scared of change because you think ME's gonna appoint someone awful.

Blip after grind after blip since the playoffs, culminating in the Lincoln debacle. Since then we've won once and we're back to being unable to create chances against the worst teams in the division with a fully fit squad to choose from.

And Mick doesn't seem to have a clue why this is. (It's him).

The owner's changed once in 20 years, and it doesn't take the most painstaking research to see why any owner wouldn't give MM that sort of cash to spend. The only change that's going to happen is the manager, and it needs to happen before we're in the 3rd division.

How bad do things have to get before you sack MM in your opinion? We're heading for our worst finish since FKW, scoring once a match on average and without Bialkowski probably deep in relegation trouble. And you want to give the man responsible for this trajectory £20 million?
Big Pole in the goal on 21:31 - Mar 9 with 975 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a shame he chose to back Gerks for a long whole prior to bringing him back, we'd have finished higher if Bart had played more. I think that was last season, it's all a blur now.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Big Pole in the goal on 01:06 - Mar 10 with 849 viewsArnieM

Big Pole in the goal on 13:33 - Mar 9 by OsborneOneNil

He's our best player this year, by a distance.

....and he STILL can't keep the ball in.play when kicking it up field!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024