Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter 18:56 - May 13 with 1631 viewsColin_Viljoen

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:21 - May 13 with 1506 viewsJohnTy

Well worth watching. He's right about the key signings made by McKenna, including that of Kieffer Moore without which we almost certainly would not have made second place. If we can continue with that sensible incremental strengthening of the squad then I see no reason why we cannot at least avoid relegation next season.
Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:40 - May 13 with 1417 viewswitchdoctor

what a nice fella …👍
Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:43 - May 13 with 1413 viewsKropotkin123

It's interesting. I find it more intreaguing how people on the outside look for a star and highlight Omari. Obviously cruical to our end of season, but we did very well at the start without him contributing as significantly. So I think there is more to unpick there.

The other thing I've found amusing is the home reliance angle (obviously they are saying it as a positive, so it is in no ways a complaint at them). But I just don't see the truth in it.

Home points
1 Ipswich 54
2 Leeds 53
3 Leicester 52

Away points
1 Leicester City 45
2 Ipswich Town 42
4 Leeds 37

Difference
Leicester 7
Ipswich 12
Leeds 16

Home form is almost always more impressive than away from in raw points tallys. But getting 42 points away from home is a big achievement in my books. 5 more points on the road than Leeds, compared to 1 point more at home is where I'd choose to highlight.
[Post edited 13 May 19:44]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:58 - May 13 with 1314 viewsSwansea_Blue

“17 years in the Championship, which only Barnsley has beaten”. Is that right? Seems surprising that nobody else has suffered such a long spell of pointless mediocrity. ‘Boro must be close. QPR?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:04 - May 13 with 1279 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:58 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

“17 years in the Championship, which only Barnsley has beaten”. Is that right? Seems surprising that nobody else has suffered such a long spell of pointless mediocrity. ‘Boro must be close. QPR?

Preston?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:12 - May 13 with 1228 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:04 - May 13 by gainsboroughblue

Preston?

Got to be a few of us who were knocking around, hasn't there. I could Google it, but what’s the fun in that! Didn’t Preston get relegated mid-Evans’ time with us? I’m sure they were down in L1 not that long ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:20 - May 13 with 1178 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:12 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Got to be a few of us who were knocking around, hasn't there. I could Google it, but what’s the fun in that! Didn’t Preston get relegated mid-Evans’ time with us? I’m sure they were down in L1 not that long ago.

I think so, then again Barnsley who were mentioned have spent longer in League One haven't they? Certainly feels that way.

In saying that, 'The Championship' started in 2004 (football's second coming) so I may mentally be giving Preston more seasons in my head.
[Post edited 13 May 20:20]

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:26 - May 13 with 1126 viewsPendejo

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:04 - May 13 by gainsboroughblue

Preston?

They've been thru the trap door to 3rd tier a few times breaking their stay in 2nd tier.

Promoted to Championship 2014/15

His comment was 17 consecutive seasons... Add in 4 years L1. McKenna is truly magic.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:31 - May 13 with 1067 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:26 - May 13 by Pendejo

They've been thru the trap door to 3rd tier a few times breaking their stay in 2nd tier.

Promoted to Championship 2014/15

His comment was 17 consecutive seasons... Add in 4 years L1. McKenna is truly magic.

Ah got ya. Birmingham, until last weekend, must've racked a fair few up.

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:37 - May 13 with 1023 viewsPendejo

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:31 - May 13 by gainsboroughblue

Ah got ya. Birmingham, until last weekend, must've racked a fair few up.

Yep, so it seems

https://footballrates.com/longeststayoverview.html

Millwall surprised me, doesn't seem like THAT long ago I watched them win Play Off Final v Bradford

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 20:54 - May 13 with 943 viewsolimar

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:43 - May 13 by Kropotkin123

It's interesting. I find it more intreaguing how people on the outside look for a star and highlight Omari. Obviously cruical to our end of season, but we did very well at the start without him contributing as significantly. So I think there is more to unpick there.

The other thing I've found amusing is the home reliance angle (obviously they are saying it as a positive, so it is in no ways a complaint at them). But I just don't see the truth in it.

Home points
1 Ipswich 54
2 Leeds 53
3 Leicester 52

Away points
1 Leicester City 45
2 Ipswich Town 42
4 Leeds 37

Difference
Leicester 7
Ipswich 12
Leeds 16

Home form is almost always more impressive than away from in raw points tallys. But getting 42 points away from home is a big achievement in my books. 5 more points on the road than Leeds, compared to 1 point more at home is where I'd choose to highlight.
[Post edited 13 May 19:44]

Ive noticed that re: Omari. Talking to people who only follow PL teams, want to focus on a star and pick out Omari, which is obviously in part due to his performances but also due to his status as a player with a big 6 club.
And as Ive said to them, its impossible to rule out players from being capable of stepping up when so many of them managed it to such a spectacular extent this season.
Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 21:56 - May 13 with 751 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

Really good podcast from a Leeds supporter on 19:58 - May 13 by Swansea_Blue

Barnsley's 30 years in the second division started in 1898 according to Wikipedia - so we must have the post-war record?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024