Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing 12:44 - May 13 with 1269 viewsFrankfurtBlue

With FPR bursting at the seams in League 1 and the Championship, and with the Premiership on the horizon, meaning an increased minimum away fans allocation of 3,000 (currently <2,000) and presumably extra space needed for press and TV, anyone know if there has been any serious consideration given to temporarily increasing the ground capacity, at least until the Cobbold Stand can be redeveloped, via a safe standing section, presumably the SBR Lower? I am not sure how many extra places could be created and whether it would be financially viable, or meet health and safety standards? Any thoughts?
Safe standing on 12:46 - May 13 with 1233 viewsSmithersJones

From what I've seen at other grounds, safe standing gives you zero extra capacity. Everyone still has to have a seat, it's just easier to fold it up and stand.
Safe standing on 12:47 - May 13 with 1229 viewsKievthegreat

Any safe standing in England will not be allowed to increase capacity. There will still be rail seating of some kind. Best you could hope for is to maybe narrow the seats a bit to squeeze extra on a row, but I don't think you'll get any appreciable number.

That harsh truth is that there is that there doesn't seem to be a practical way to increase capacity with a big reduction in capacity first.
Safe standing doesn’t increase capacity….. on 12:47 - May 13 with 1227 viewsBloots

….its just a seat that folds flat and has a rail I front of it.

It really only helps clubs deal with persistent standing.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Safe standing on 12:49 - May 13 with 1166 viewsMrPorterloo

I'd personally love to see it. Nobody sits down there anyway. At loftus road they had it in part of the away section and it is so much better and safer having the rail in front of you. Protects you from people falling over seats giving it their fake 'limbs' so it means everyone can jump around and go crazy in the peace of mind they wont be clattered into by somebody who immediately falls over when we score.
Safe standing on 12:52 - May 13 with 1131 viewsSitfcB

Won’t have safe standing in home ends until it can be offered in away end.

Doesn’t increase capacity, still one person per seat.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Safe standing on 14:49 - May 13 with 926 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Does anyone know why we didn't replace the seats in the old U3 block in Cobbold lower?

I know it's not a massive area, but every little helps...
Safe standing on 15:34 - May 13 with 799 viewsPilgrimblue

Safe standing on 14:49 - May 13 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Does anyone know why we didn't replace the seats in the old U3 block in Cobbold lower?

I know it's not a massive area, but every little helps...

I think the management will be doing everything possible to increase capacity in short term. Maybe looking at the corners between stands even if it only adds 10%. Clearly there’s demand for 40,000 so it’ll be interesting how they go about it.
Safe standing on 18:11 - May 13 with 656 viewsstrikalite

Safe standing on 15:34 - May 13 by Pilgrimblue

I think the management will be doing everything possible to increase capacity in short term. Maybe looking at the corners between stands even if it only adds 10%. Clearly there’s demand for 40,000 so it’ll be interesting how they go about it.

For what it would cost i don't think it would be worth it, income through a bit of extra seating is just a drop in the ocean to what they'll bring in now..
Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing on 00:35 - May 14 with 467 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Safe standing on 15:34 - May 13 by Pilgrimblue

The away end should have some positions for disabled rather than opposite in with the home fans!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024