Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lathe Latt 17:36 - May 9 with 2079 viewsMadeinireland

Is the guy I’d sign if we need another striker. I only watched him in the later games this year but he was fantastic and at the heart of everything Middlesbrough did up front. In my mind he’s similar to Ivan Toney so I think he will be more than capable of coping in the PL.

Not sure how much he would cost but surely more affordable than some mentioned.

Thoughts?
Lathe Latt on 17:37 - May 9 with 2062 viewsKieran_Knows

He was excellent against us the other week, wouldn’t be adverse to signing him at all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lathe Latt on 17:37 - May 9 with 2035 viewsBloomBlue

He bets/gambles a lot on football matches?
Lathe Latt on 17:44 - May 9 with 1992 viewsMadeinireland

Lathe Latt on 17:37 - May 9 by BloomBlue

He bets/gambles a lot on football matches?

Maybe he’s not the right sort of character then - unless that’s a bet in Ipswich to win 😀
Lathe Latt on 17:46 - May 9 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

He's got better and better as the season has gone on, great work rate and his end product improved in recent months too. I'd not be against signing him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lathe Latt on 17:49 - May 9 with 1947 viewsMK1

Agree. Think he would be the Championship striker of choice.
Lathe Latt on 18:14 - May 9 with 1801 viewsStewart27

My number one choice along side Ben Sheaf.
Lathe Latt on 18:17 - May 9 with 1775 viewsExiled2Surrey

Lathe Latt on 17:44 - May 9 by Madeinireland

Maybe he’s not the right sort of character then - unless that’s a bet in Ipswich to win 😀

Am I going to get pinged for pointing out that I think the comment related to Toney, not Latte...

But back to the original post - completely agree. I dont think Boro were as organised upfront as we are, but he definitely put the work in to press, he looks physically up to it, and of course he scored. Would be delighted.

Not sure if he was the best of the Championship strikers we came up against though - I thought Delap was decent and would likely be a good fit as well. Haji Wright worth considering - isn't he out of position for Cov? I am not as keen on Sargeant - and not just because he is Norwich.

Left field suggestion - Tom Cannon at Leicester - got very little game time but on the evidence of the previous season when he was playing more he was meant to be decent - may only be championship level though - could be back up
Lathe Latt on 18:26 - May 9 with 1725 viewsbuoyant

Unlike most it seems I think that with a few more months coaching Al-Hamadi will be in our match day squad... and as raw as he is he'll scare the sh!te out of any defence.

UTT

Login to get fewer ads

Lathe Latt on 18:45 - May 9 with 1619 viewsVic

Lathe Latt on 18:17 - May 9 by Exiled2Surrey

Am I going to get pinged for pointing out that I think the comment related to Toney, not Latte...

But back to the original post - completely agree. I dont think Boro were as organised upfront as we are, but he definitely put the work in to press, he looks physically up to it, and of course he scored. Would be delighted.

Not sure if he was the best of the Championship strikers we came up against though - I thought Delap was decent and would likely be a good fit as well. Haji Wright worth considering - isn't he out of position for Cov? I am not as keen on Sargeant - and not just because he is Norwich.

Left field suggestion - Tom Cannon at Leicester - got very little game time but on the evidence of the previous season when he was playing more he was meant to be decent - may only be championship level though - could be back up

I think it was the likeness to Toney - as in Toney Gamble, does Latte gamble too?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Lathe Latt on 18:59 - May 9 with 1558 viewsipswichtillidie

Looked the complete part didn’t he. Instinctive, quick, young and can improve still. What’s not to like. On my list of hopefuls. Would cost a few bob thou!!

Gav

Lathe Latt on 19:02 - May 9 with 1524 viewsfooters

He has a chance to carve out a name for himself here.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lathe Latt on 19:55 - May 9 with 1340 viewsWestover

He signed a four year contract last year with an option why would Middlesbrough want to sell him ?, I believe he cost around 5 million.
Lathe Latt on 20:03 - May 9 with 1296 viewsipswichtillidie

Lathe Latt on 19:55 - May 9 by Westover

He signed a four year contract last year with an option why would Middlesbrough want to sell him ?, I believe he cost around 5 million.

This means absolutely nothing in modern day football. It just means if the lad wants to leave the selling club have a well protected asset. Everyone is for sale and can be bought. Doubt he’ll come here for what it’s worth.

Gav

Lathe Latt on 20:22 - May 9 with 1208 viewsMK1

Lathe Latt on 19:55 - May 9 by Westover

Think he would cost more than £5M. Boro offered the new contract to up the asking price. He looks very decent to my untrained eyes.
Lathe Latt on 20:33 - May 9 with 1154 viewsMullet

I like him. But wonder if we need some players who readymade/old hands in the Prem mostly.

Too much squad change is a gamble, and we don't have many players we know for sure will be good enough. While Moore might not be the man, someone who has produced at this level might be what we need.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lathe Latt on 20:38 - May 9 with 1130 viewsMK1

Lathe Latt on 20:33 - May 9 by Mullet

I like him. But wonder if we need some players who readymade/old hands in the Prem mostly.

Too much squad change is a gamble, and we don't have many players we know for sure will be good enough. While Moore might not be the man, someone who has produced at this level might be what we need.

Moore at £2-3M would be a fantastic option from the bench. I can't think of better at that price. He know everything about us and am sure he would love to have a go at it with us. Seemed a popular member of the squad.
Lathe Latt on 21:06 - May 9 with 1032 viewsDBaldy

Lathe Latt on 19:02 - May 9 by footers

He has a chance to carve out a name for himself here.

I think if he had a night out with our lads and got plastered, that could go a long way to ceiling the deal
Lathe Latt on 21:31 - May 9 with 930 viewscressi

Lathe Latt on 21:06 - May 9 by DBaldy

I think if he had a night out with our lads and got plastered, that could go a long way to ceiling the deal

OK buying African players longs you don't lose them for a month in January.
Lathe Latt on 21:35 - May 9 with 871 viewsfooters

Lathe Latt on 21:31 - May 9 by cressi

OK buying African players longs you don't lose them for a month in January.

This is turning into a pun thread.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lathe Latt on 21:40 - May 9 with 855 viewsvilanovablue

Cost Boro €6.5 mill total so how much would he cost us. I'm v curious as to what our budget may be but he's exactly what I'd be looking for. Seems a v good fit only 25 so good chance of seeing a profit if McKenna improves him both of which we have to consider.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024