Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? 19:35 - May 5 with 2134 viewsBellevue_Blue

I've been really impressed with Hull this season and certainly wouldn't mind if we went for a few of theirs (inc loanees) next year. These three would definitely fit our current transfer strategy ..

CM - Tyler Morton (21) - Spent the last two years playing week in, week out in the Champ. Very durable having played 40 & 39 league games respectively. High resale value whatever happens. Feels a lot like the 'do it all 6' types that we currently have with Mass & Sam. Likely available this summer.

RW - Jaden Philogene (22) - 32 games, 12 goals, 6 assists. Offers something different to Wes with the little bit of magic you need in the Prem to make things happen. £20 million + but another one with high resale value whatever happens. Linked with him last summer as well.

AM - Fabio Carvalho (21) - 20 games, 9 goals, 2 assists. Feels like a similar player to Chappers as that 'shadow striker' type. Could offer us another ST alternative if we had to play differently at the bigger clubs. Likely up for sale this summer. Another one with great value whatever happens.

Honourable mentions to Greaves & Delap who will likely be playing top of the champ/ bottom of the Prem whatever happens next year!

Makes you wonder how Hull only finished 7th with real quality through the spine of the team!
[Post edited 5 May 19:36]
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:43 - May 5 with 2020 viewsPerublue

Different club but I really would like Ellis Simms

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:44 - May 5 with 2003 viewsIllinoisblue

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:43 - May 5 by Perublue

Wouldn’t say no to Morgan Whittaker either

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:45 - May 5 with 1996 viewshomer_123

Nope. As an avid Cov fan shared. Simply not consistent enough. Needs 30 shots to score.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:45 - May 5 with 1997 viewsPerublue

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:44 - May 5 by Illinoisblue

Spot on mate,with you there

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:46 - May 5 with 1978 viewsPerublue

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 19:45 - May 5 by homer_123

Nope. As an avid Cov fan shared. Simply not consistent enough. Needs 30 shots to score.

More as a Hirst /Moore type than goals I was thinking

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:05 - May 5 with 1837 viewsBellevue_Blue

I like Whittaker but I just don't think we would get him for a sensible price which worries me after a pretty quiet few months (3 goals, 1 assist in their last 17).
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:13 - May 5 with 1775 viewsJimmy86

See what you're saying, but he turned us down before.. yea, he's alright, but surely we only want people who actually want to come and play for us? No doubt McKenna could improve him, but don't think he's quite premiership quality?
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:23 - May 5 with 1724 viewsNutkins_Return

Watched him quite a few times and I can honestly say I wouldn't swap any of our strikers for him and I wouldn't touch him. His work rate is abysmal. His fitness seems off and he lacks pace. I just don't see how he would fit our pressing, high energy style. I really think we go away with one there. Cov fans wanted him gone before second half of season. He's scored goals but his performances have only improved marginally and so many of his goals have been spinners or deflecting off his heart/arm etc. a good knack for a striker I suppose.

He has ability. And he could go on to have a decent career but doesn't fit our style for me. Also a big chunk of his goals have been against lower league teams or the poorer champ teams.
Login to get fewer ads

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:31 - May 5 with 1684 viewsLeathersblueblood

Would prefer Maria.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:32 - May 5 with 1676 viewsMullet

They've only just signed Philogene for £5m haven't they? I think he's great but not sure if he's better value than Omari would be etc.

Greaves will definitely be one we look at and McKenna will know Delap well. I'd be happy with those potentially, but I've no idea who we have to sign to be good enough to stay up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:35 - May 5 with 1634 viewsClutch

I liked Greaves, seemed older than he is.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:37 - May 5 with 1609 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:23 - May 5 by Nutkins_Return

Watched him quite a few times and I can honestly say I wouldn't swap any of our strikers for him and I wouldn't touch him. His work rate is abysmal. His fitness seems off and he lacks pace. I just don't see how he would fit our pressing, high energy style. I really think we go away with one there. Cov fans wanted him gone before second half of season. He's scored goals but his performances have only improved marginally and so many of his goals have been spinners or deflecting off his heart/arm etc. a good knack for a striker I suppose.

He has ability. And he could go on to have a decent career but doesn't fit our style for me. Also a big chunk of his goals have been against lower league teams or the poorer champ teams.

Ran his socks off for 120 minutes against United?
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:38 - May 5 with 1610 viewsJimmy86

Also to be fair, Carvalho is on loan at Hull from Liverpool... Whether we'd be interested in loaning him in the prem is a different matter...
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:44 - May 5 with 1555 viewsBloomBlue

My only concern with Simms is Dyche let him go because his work rate wasn't consistent enough. OK Dyche style is different to McKenna's but work rate in every game is critical to McKenna.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:53 - May 5 with 1505 viewsBellevue_Blue

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:38 - May 5 by Jimmy86

Also to be fair, Carvalho is on loan at Hull from Liverpool... Whether we'd be interested in loaning him in the prem is a different matter...

I think he would likely be available permanently. Loaned out two years in a row and very unlikely to be in the Liverpool first team this season.

FFP rules also mean that top teams can be persuaded to cash in on their fringe players to beef up their transfer budgets.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:54 - May 5 with 1496 viewsitfc48

As we saw with Omari's first goal v Hull, Philogene is nowhere near our boys in terms of pressing.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 21:10 - May 5 with 1425 viewsDaninthecampo

Carvalho would be great, I love Chappers but I just don't think his Prem starting 11
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 21:23 - May 5 with 1378 viewsBellevue_Blue

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:54 - May 5 by itfc48

As we saw with Omari's first goal v Hull, Philogene is nowhere near our boys in terms of pressing.

Totally get this but I think if you looked back at the first few performances of Sarmiento & Omari their pressing would have looked pretty average compared to Broady & Chappers.

Definitely something McKenna demands and as we have seen, he has coached it into every forward player who has come to the club in the last two years.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 21:43 - May 5 with 1211 viewscressi

I like Jacob Greaves at Hull
Not a Whittaker or Simms fan not sure they are ready to step up to the Premiership.
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 21:45 - May 5 with 1200 viewscressi

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:31 - May 5 by Leathersblueblood

Would prefer Maria.

So would I better up front but a veteran now
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 23:51 - May 5 with 960 viewsNutkins_Return

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:37 - May 5 by crouchendyachtclub

Ran his socks off for 120 minutes against United?

Did not see all of that match (only from.their comeback) but don't recall seeing him run his socks off from when I was watching. He's not a run your socks of type player at all. Wright does the running for them.

Cov fans get very frustrated with him.
[Post edited 6 May 8:39]
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 06:46 - May 6 with 775 viewsitfcserbia

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 20:05 - May 5 by Bellevue_Blue

I like Whittaker but I just don't think we would get him for a sensible price which worries me after a pretty quiet few months (3 goals, 1 assist in their last 17).

Maybe that would make an impact on the price tag and McKenna could still improve him a lot. Whether he would want to join us is another matter...

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 07:05 - May 6 with 725 viewsmikeybloo88

I’d say no to him...have watched him since he was a lad playing in the Lincolnshire youth leagues. Skilful for sure but he strolled about then and I think he still strolls through games now. Great left peg but not got the fight or effort we’ll need next season. Omari is much better imo...
Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 07:29 - May 6 with 660 viewsHerbivore

Philogene is quality but for the money they'd want I'd rather go for Omari, imo he's got a higher ceiling and already knows how we play. Morton and Carvalho are good shouts if Liverpool are willing to sell without asking for silly money. Greaves is also very decent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Possible Hull transfer targets ....? on 07:42 - May 6 with 612 viewstractordownsouth

Jacob Greaves is the best fit of all their players. Apart from Philogene, but he’ll get a better move than us.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024