Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finances if we go up 11:27 - May 3 with 1291 viewsvictorywilhappen

sorry if already posted. Seems a fair assessment. Eye-watering....

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24291961.ipswich-town-kieran-maguire-promotion-mean

“That’s part and parcel of the broader issue of the Premier League because the Premier League itself is in fact two or three separate divisions.
[Post edited 3 May 11:30]
Finances if we go up on 12:29 - May 3 with 1077 viewsRadioOrwell

“Brighton did an economic impact report last season which showed that being in the Premier League brought £600 million of benefits to the broader economy of the town or city."

“Ipswich Town will have a bigger budget than every team in Belgium, probably every team in the Netherlands bar the likes of Ajax"

The Prem is a completely different sport to what we have been used to.
Finances if we go up on 12:43 - May 3 with 987 viewsLeaky

I see from the comments following that piece, the Elephant man is now a Bear, does he have gender identity issues .
Finances if we go up on 12:44 - May 3 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

Finances if we go up on 12:29 - May 3 by RadioOrwell

“Brighton did an economic impact report last season which showed that being in the Premier League brought £600 million of benefits to the broader economy of the town or city."

“Ipswich Town will have a bigger budget than every team in Belgium, probably every team in the Netherlands bar the likes of Ajax"

That Brighton report seems out of kilter with assessments other clubs have done, which have normally come up with figures of around £50-70M. Swansea did one, I think Sunderland too. But these are going back a few years, so maybe £600m isn’t far off these days. The Town will definitely feel it - there was a much bigger buzz over here when Swansea were in the PL and a lot of people filling up hotels and bars/restraints for long weekends, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Finances if we go up on 12:48 - May 3 with 940 viewsBlueschev

Finances if we go up on 12:29 - May 3 by RadioOrwell

Given that nearly every home game this season has been a sell out, I can't see how there would be a £600 million boost to the local economy? Are we not already experiencing a boost due to the size of the crowds?
Finances if we go up on 13:53 - May 3 with 757 viewsvictorywilhappen

Finances if we go up on 12:48 - May 3 by Blueschev

Given that nearly every home game this season has been a sell out, I can't see how there would be a £600 million boost to the local economy? Are we not already experiencing a boost due to the size of the crowds?

ITFC being broadcast into more homes and bars worldwide will put Suffolk on the map and mind of tourists that may not visit outside of football match windows.

I think for a business being located in a place which is in the public mind is also good for profits. Football-related or not.

It's also got an element of nostalgia for the 'good ol' days of football' when Town were a big team and popular around Europe- Nostalgia/retromania is a big seller on and off the pitch.
Finances if we go up on 14:14 - May 3 with 658 viewsClareBlue

No evidence of this huge local economic boost happening around Burnley, Sheffield, Nottingham, Stoke, to name a few. It just doesn't happen. In fact has anybody been to Liverpool recently or walked around Stanley Park. The vast club revenue is spent on players because if you don't you get relegated. Ipswich doesn't even have hotel capacity to even cater for this. The match day revenue for the town is pretty much maxed out. I always stay the weekend in Ipswich and playing a premiership team wouldn't increase spend. And too near to London for all the international lot to hang around. Not sure loads of people will book holidays in Suffolk because they saw inside PR when watching us play West Ham either. Brighton has huge hotel capacity that might mean extended matchday for a night stay. We just don't have that.
Finances if we go up on 14:19 - May 3 with 614 viewsClareBlue

Stoke spent 10 years in the Premiership and when I was there for the first time on New Year's day it was shockingly run down with the City Centres one of the worst I have seen since going to Crew for a festival last year.
Finances if we go up on 14:20 - May 3 with 596 viewsBlueschev

Finances if we go up on 13:53 - May 3 by victorywilhappen

ITFC being broadcast into more homes and bars worldwide will put Suffolk on the map and mind of tourists that may not visit outside of football match windows.

I think for a business being located in a place which is in the public mind is also good for profits. Football-related or not.

It's also got an element of nostalgia for the 'good ol' days of football' when Town were a big team and popular around Europe- Nostalgia/retromania is a big seller on and off the pitch.

I've no doubt it's a huge positive for the Town as a whole, but I'd say that unless there is a significant increase in the Portman Road capacity, there aren't going to be many, if any, more people visiting the Town with us in the Premier League, and we'll play four less home fixtures.

Wigan being a Premier League club never made me consider going there on holiday.
[Post edited 3 May 14:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Finances if we go up on 14:31 - May 3 with 534 viewsvictorywilhappen

Finances if we go up on 14:20 - May 3 by Blueschev

I've no doubt it's a huge positive for the Town as a whole, but I'd say that unless there is a significant increase in the Portman Road capacity, there aren't going to be many, if any, more people visiting the Town with us in the Premier League, and we'll play four less home fixtures.

Wigan being a Premier League club never made me consider going there on holiday.
[Post edited 3 May 14:22]

It has a lovely pier and Northern Soul. You don't know what you are missing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024