Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know its not an issue for us 09:50 - May 3 with 914 viewsCheltenham_Blue

But, I'd love to know what the cost of promotion to the Premier League would be for us. Outside of playing budget, there will be installation of VAR, upgrades to the floodlights, new media facilities, a dedicated box for TV coverage, I would imagine that all four sides of the ground will get LED advertising.

I've no doubt there will be other infrastructure projects, too, ingress and egress, the club have to provide 20 ethernet ports behind the goal, (10 at each end), much of which will have to be started immediately after the end of the season.

I can't imagine it'll be cheap.
[Post edited 3 May 10:02]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I know its not an issue for us on 11:15 - May 3 with 684 viewsmjw_1983

The cost of failing to get there would definitely be higher.
Not the point you are raising i know.
How much is promotion actually worth today?
I know its not an issue for us on 11:25 - May 3 with 643 viewsRadlett_blue

I know its not an issue for us on 11:15 - May 3 by mjw_1983

Luton Town spent a reported £10m on their (admittedly crappy) stadium after getting promoted. Our bill should be considerably smaller.
We will be guaranteed a minimum of £100m from broadcasting rights next season.
Even if we go straight back down, we will be given parachute payments of £55m in year 1, 45m in year 2 & £20m in year 3.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I know its not an issue for us on 12:20 - May 3 with 527 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I know its not an issue for us on 11:15 - May 3 by mjw_1983

http://preml.ge/PLAnnualReport2223

Page 10. Jesus Wept it's a lot of money.

Doesn't include higher match day, hospitality, sponsorship or merchandising revenues. Or £79.2M in parachute payments if we're relegated.

No wonder Ashton looked like he was about to have a heart attack on Tuesday night.
I know its not an issue for us on 12:27 - May 3 with 470 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know its not an issue for us on 12:20 - May 3 by LA_Tractor_Boy

http://preml.ge/PLAnnualReport2223

Page 10. Jesus Wept it's a lot of money.

Doesn't include higher match day, hospitality, sponsorship or merchandising revenues. Or £79.2M in parachute payments if we're relegated.

No wonder Ashton looked like he was about to have a heart attack on Tuesday night.

And that’s just TV and league prize money. You’ve got the cup money and the club’s own revenue streams on that (tickets, commercial, etc),

Edit - although it’s worth looking at the other side of the equation too. The costs of operating in the PL are equally huge. In that season Southampton posted a £87m loss and had wages of over £106m. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24159702.southampton-post-87m-loss-2022-23-fin
[Post edited 3 May 12:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I know its not an issue for us on 13:09 - May 3 with 334 viewsDaninthecampo

I know its not an issue for us on 12:27 - May 3 by Swansea_Blue

And that’s just TV and league prize money. You’ve got the cup money and the club’s own revenue streams on that (tickets, commercial, etc),

Edit - although it’s worth looking at the other side of the equation too. The costs of operating in the PL are equally huge. In that season Southampton posted a £87m loss and had wages of over £106m. https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24159702.southampton-post-87m-loss-2022-23-fin
[Post edited 3 May 12:32]

£106m on wages is crazy! I wonder how much our current top players will be on next season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024