Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? 08:02 - May 3 with 996 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last night I dreamt that we were O-0 with Huddersfield going into injury time. I checked the live scores and Leeds were beating Southampton 2-1. Omari was denied a clear cut penalty and we missed a few other chances. Then it all got very strange.

I was both watching the game and playing in goal. I took the ball our of the area and into the position where Leif Davis would normally be. I was then robbed by a Huddersfield player. My legs turned to jelly and I couldn’t move. I stood helplessly watching the Huddersfield striker run towards the empty goal, He’s just two yards out but he somehow hits it wide and the ref blows for full time. We are promoted.

I then want to start celebrating but can’t get and sound out. All very surreal.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:06 - May 3 with 964 viewsunbelievablue

I dreamt we went 2-0 down very quickly. Only thing is, it wasn't against Huddersfield, nor at PR, nor with any of our current squad.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:09 - May 3 with 937 viewsBuhrer

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:06 - May 3 by unbelievablue

I dreamt we went 2-0 down very quickly. Only thing is, it wasn't against Huddersfield, nor at PR, nor with any of our current squad.

I have a dream where the other side goes down quickly...
[Post edited 3 May 8:10]
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:13 - May 3 with 905 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:09 - May 3 by Buhrer

I have a dream where the other side goes down quickly...
[Post edited 3 May 8:10]

What a climax to the season that would be.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:13 - May 3 with 905 viewsHelp

what cheese did you eat before bed? Go for a lesser strength cheese tonight
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:15 - May 3 with 898 viewsGavTWTD

I rarely remember my dreams but I did have one last night. I was at the ticket office and I had to buy a ticket with a cheque. Most weird was they supplied the cheque, I just had to sign it. It was like I had forgotten how a cheque works, but fingers crossed for a ticket today but I don't hold out much hope.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:23 - May 3 with 832 viewshoppy

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:15 - May 3 by GavTWTD

I rarely remember my dreams but I did have one last night. I was at the ticket office and I had to buy a ticket with a cheque. Most weird was they supplied the cheque, I just had to sign it. It was like I had forgotten how a cheque works, but fingers crossed for a ticket today but I don't hold out much hope.

Give the ticket office a call this morning and make sure they got your cheque and ask where to pick your ticket up from.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:44 - May 3 with 772 viewsWD19

Totally. Have barely slept all week. I have lived Saturday several times over already, albeit not long enough to get to the final whistle.
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:46 - May 3 with 747 viewsGavTWTD

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:23 - May 3 by hoppy

Give the ticket office a call this morning and make sure they got your cheque and ask where to pick your ticket up from.

Not sure I can. I think I've a restraining order.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:46 - May 3 with 747 viewsPippin1970

I had one jumping from table to table like a frog. In the pub after the win.
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:48 - May 3 with 720 viewshoppy

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:46 - May 3 by Pippin1970

I had one jumping from table to table like a frog. In the pub after the win.

From the Championship table to the Premier League table hopefully…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:49 - May 3 with 719 viewsgainsboroughblue

It was 0-0 at half time in my dream. Brett Anderson from Suede was in the Town goal. The players didn't emerge for the second half as the dream had moved on to something completely different.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 08:51 - May 3 with 712 viewstextbackup

Mate my dreams are completely fcked at the moment, made worse by being off work and have a mid day snooze too (so extra dreaming time!)

Couple so far,

- at gate with no ticket or shin pads
- being somewhere (no idea where) with people (no idea who) all saying well done to Hull for winning the playoffs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 09:57 - May 3 with 652 viewsBlueBadger

All bloody week mate. Last time this happened was 2000. The final one, the night before, I genuinely dreamt that we won at Wembley 4-2(Although John was first scorer in that).

Local bookie was offer 100-1 for that score prediction. I didn't take them up.

Anyway, I HAVE had premonitions of tomorrow's score, which I will not share. Every time I go public with a prediction it goes horribly wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 10:05 - May 3 with 621 viewsbaxterbasics

Hasn't happened for a while but I have at times dreamt I was on the bench and about to get subbed on for my debut. Trouble is I can't play to save my life, and I wake up in a cold sweat at the moment I have arrived on the pitch, about to be found out.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 10:06 - May 3 with 615 viewsgoperryrevs

Left tickets at home, was trying to phone my wife to get her to send me pictures of them, but my work colleague kept phoning me to hassle me about work emails (on a Saturday!) so I couldn't call her.

Proper anxiety dream. Woke up both relieved that it wasn't real, and depressingly convinced we're going to lose tomorrow and Leeds and Norwich are going up in our place.
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 10:47 - May 3 with 567 viewsChorleyBoy

Normal dream nonsense for me. All very sketchy and disjointed but the standout bits were as follows:

Huddersfield arrived at Portman Road in an open-top bus to add to the carnival atmosphere of the day.

Breitenreiter had made so many changes that they were almost unrecognisable from the team that had fought so hard to get them relegated before the match.

They were all wearing Huddersfield shirts except Paul Lambert who for some reason was wearing a Bayern Munich kit (not a Dortmund one).

Also playing for Huddersfield were Ruel Fox, Jamie Cureton with green hair, Stephen Fry, Bernhard Matthews, Robert Ullathorne, Bryan Gunn, Fleck, Bellamy and Sutton.

Town fans were singing "Are you budgies in disguise?"

Ullathorne looked like he was going to cry throughout and Gunn spent the whole match stamping down divots in the penalty area.

Town were lined up as expected with the exception of Hladky who had injured his hair in the warm up, and as Walton was in the toilets at kick off and Slicker was on a Geography field trip with his school in the Cairngorms, Delia Smith was called in to play in goal for Town.

Ed Sheeran was the ref but was a model of impartiality and the away fans spent much of the time shouting "You're not singing any more!" to him.

Anyway, Delia played an absolute blinder which included saving a Bernhard Matthews Panenka spot kick.

Delia credited her heroics to her 1978 Ipswich FA Cup rosette she wore throughout the match.

The match officially ended 0:0 although there were several goals (including an Ullathorne own goal) and Delia won Player of the Match sponsored by Greene King. Her Trophy was a can of IPA delivered onto the pitch on the bonnet of a black Jag. The fans chanted "Where are ya!" as she opened the can and downed it in one while Ed Sheehan and Delia winked at each other.

Town asked Huddersfield if they could borrow their bus for the team to do a lap of honour around the pitch but Stephen Fry explained it wasn't possible because the bus was the property of Norwich City Council and that it wasn't insured against the Town fans who had invaded the pitch.

Chris Sutton confessed that the best team had won and (because all the restaurants in town were full) organised that everyone would have a bootiful, slap-up turkey lunch at Ruel Fox's house because it was the cleanest while Ed sang "Shape of You" to Delia as she cooked.
Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 11:02 - May 3 with 508 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 10:05 - May 3 by baxterbasics

Hasn't happened for a while but I have at times dreamt I was on the bench and about to get subbed on for my debut. Trouble is I can't play to save my life, and I wake up in a cold sweat at the moment I have arrived on the pitch, about to be found out.

You are Ali Dia and I claimy my five pounds.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone else having weird Ipswich Town based dreams? on 11:10 - May 3 with 475 viewsVic

To dream presupposes we sleep - and my problem in all of this is that I'm hardly sleeping!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024