Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My only criticism of Portman Road 22:16 - May 1 with 1968 viewsLeistonBlue

It really is terribly designed for a pitch invasion.. the lower tiers in all four stands are much smaller than the uppers, meaning that the vast majority of supporters have no access to the pitch pretty much however hard they try (and I’m sure plenty will try!!).

Thankfully, it will just be a hop, skip and a jump (and probably faceplant) away from my seat in the north lower.

Anyway, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:23 - May 1 with 1899 viewsgainsboroughblue

Pre-all seater, I remember getting a shock by how much more difficult it was to scale the North Stand wall after six or seven years of easily getting over the Churchmans one.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:26 - May 1 with 1865 viewsKropotkin123

After the Bolton game on our last promotion to the Premiership, we were in the upper tier and were allowed down and on the pitch.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:35 - May 1 with 1786 viewsLord_Lucan

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:23 - May 1 by gainsboroughblue

Pre-all seater, I remember getting a shock by how much more difficult it was to scale the North Stand wall after six or seven years of easily getting over the Churchmans one.

"Back in the day" when all the clubs were putting big metal hooligan fences up with spikes, Ipswich simply lowered the standing area terrace in NS home section so that it was impossible to climb.

Away section still had the obtrusive metal fence with spikes.

Genius.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:42 - May 1 with 1741 viewsgainsboroughblue

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:35 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

"Back in the day" when all the clubs were putting big metal hooligan fences up with spikes, Ipswich simply lowered the standing area terrace in NS home section so that it was impossible to climb.

Genius.

Yeah. Makes sense. Even on the video footage of games you can see the people at the front whose heads seem barely able to see over it. I guess they didn't see the need to do that at the more sedate Churchmans end. Was just a bit of a culture shock once I'd done my apprenticeship at the other end.

Goodison Park was another place I remember having low sunk terraces.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

My only criticism of Portman Road on 10:28 - May 2 with 1207 viewsLeistonBlue

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:26 - May 1 by Kropotkin123

After the Bolton game on our last promotion to the Premiership, we were in the upper tier and were allowed down and on the pitch.

Can’t see that happening in this day and age sadly, elf and safety and all that. Also I’d say the club will need to be careful they are not encouraging or ‘allowing’ it to happen to avoid any hot water with the EFL etc..
My only criticism of Portman Road on 10:41 - May 2 with 1171 viewsTractorCam

Hopefully stewards in upper tier allow people down if they want. Everyone who wants to celebrate in that way should get the chance too.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:08 - May 2 with 1080 viewsReus30

Last year I was a little bit critical of the pitch invasion for a multitude of reasons.

This time, we need to go absolute balls out and get every man, woman and child on that pitch. Dancing, kissing the grass, letting off smoke bombs, signing and enjoying every moment.

I can't be there but rest assured, I will be too busy on the floor crying wherever I may be. Enjoy it all!
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:08 - May 2 with 1086 viewsDanny_G

My only criticism of Portman Road on 10:41 - May 2 by TractorCam

Hopefully stewards in upper tier allow people down if they want. Everyone who wants to celebrate in that way should get the chance too.

After the Exeter match, there were stewards posted at the entrance to every North Stand lower tier block stopping people from the upper tier coming in. A few were trying, clearly to try and get on the pitch, but getting turned away.
Login to get fewer ads

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:10 - May 2 with 1072 viewsVaughan8

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:08 - May 2 by Danny_G

After the Exeter match, there were stewards posted at the entrance to every North Stand lower tier block stopping people from the upper tier coming in. A few were trying, clearly to try and get on the pitch, but getting turned away.

They can't have been because people in the know said Ashton wanted everyone on the pitch.............
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:11 - May 2 with 1064 viewsTractorCam

I really hope lessons have been learnt this year and this doesn't happen.

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:14 - May 2 with 1032 viewsDanny_G

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:11 - May 2 by TractorCam

I really hope lessons have been learnt this year and this doesn't happen.

If more than a small handful of people had been trying, I doubt there’s anything the stewards could have done - there was only one posted at each entrance.
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:16 - May 2 with 1015 viewsTrumptonBlue

I scratched my watch clambering over the little North Stand wall after Reading in 1987. Be careful out there, people.
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:24 - May 2 with 973 viewsPinewoodblue

I’m sure those in A block, Cobbold, already have their route planned. Hopefully not the same one as Leicester fans all those years ago. Hari Krishna

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:29 - May 2 with 930 viewsblueislander

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:10 - May 2 by Vaughan8

They can't have been because people in the know said Ashton wanted everyone on the pitch.............

I doubt whether your “people in the know” know very much.
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:37 - May 2 with 890 viewsFrans_Arnie

Don’t those in SBR upper now have no access to the lower tier since the installation of the floor to ceiling partition/fence just inside the turnstile entrance ?
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:45 - May 2 with 836 viewsEwan_Oozami

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:37 - May 2 by Frans_Arnie

Don’t those in SBR upper now have no access to the lower tier since the installation of the floor to ceiling partition/fence just inside the turnstile entrance ?

There is a way down via the disabled entrance where the Combat2Coffee kiosk is, allegedly....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:49 - May 2 with 812 viewsDanny_G

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:37 - May 2 by Frans_Arnie

I assume either those stairs get opened or they just went down those and came back into the lower through the doors - it was well after the final whistle so everything would have been opened.
My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:53 - May 2 with 777 viewsTractorCam

My only criticism of Portman Road on 11:49 - May 2 by Danny_G

I assume either those stairs get opened or they just went down those and came back into the lower through the doors - it was well after the final whistle so everything would have been opened.

Need to get down there a few minutes early if that's the case!
[Post edited 2 May 11:53]

My only criticism of Portman Road on 12:32 - May 2 with 596 viewsDarkBrandon

My only criticism of Portman Road on 22:35 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

Genius.

How the hell do you lower a concrete terrace?
My only criticism of Portman Road on 13:52 - May 2 with 422 viewsbadadski

My only criticism of Portman Road on 12:32 - May 2 by DarkBrandon

How the hell do you lower a concrete terrace?

YOU could always try rolling off the roof and hoping for the best the same as the crazy Maidstone supporter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024