Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are Blue Action doing? 20:00 - May 1 with 5953 viewsITFC_84

I thought the general consensus was that we should be keeping everything as ‘normal’ as possible for the team?
The coach welcome didn’t quite work for Norwich, therefore let’s postpone this until after Saturday’s game. Surely?
What are Blue Action doing? on 22:25 - May 1 with 1303 viewsreusersfreekicks

Leave the celebration til after if we are up.
Better for fans and players
What are Blue Action doing? on 22:57 - May 1 with 1246 viewsBobbychase

What are Blue Action doing? on 22:25 - May 1 by reusersfreekicks

Coach welcomes are not celebrations

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What are Blue Action doing? on 23:02 - May 1 with 1239 views_clive_baker_

What are Blue Action doing? on 22:09 - May 1 by Parky

In regards to your first paragraph and on the whole, I was a little sceptical about it at first. On second thought, why not enjoy the occasion surrounded by thousands of fellow blues and close mates, letting off a few smoke bombs with some tinnies on what is our biggest game for years?

At the end of the day, if we don’t go up on Saturday, I’m not going to be devastated because I let a few smoke bombs off before-hand and looked cringey.
[Post edited 1 May 22:10]

Yeah, fair. I'm not fussed either way to be honest, I'm just naturally quite risk averse and overly superstitious probably. I'm of the mindset that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and our home record has been incredible. If I had my way I would keep our powder very dry, get to that final whistle and then go nuts, but I can see it from both sides and as I say I can't say I'm going to lose any sleep over it and will likely join in if I can get there early enough.
What are Blue Action doing? on 23:42 - May 1 with 1185 viewsEuropablue

What are Blue Action doing? on 20:07 - May 1 by _clive_baker_

To be fair to you, I do see the egg on face potential of it! The issue isn’t really having this, the issue was probably having it for a game in December against Norwich which was a bit cringe.

Also while we say it didn’t work, we’ve done it twice and not lost yet, dominated both games and scored 8 goals, which is all we need on Saturday.
[Post edited 1 May 20:08]

The greeting before the Norwich game changed the precedent of it being a final home game greeting as a special thank you and a little extra motivation to get a result.
Doing it before the Norwich game was sending the wrong signal, it hyped to game up too much when we would have performed better if we treated it just like another 3 points.
What are Blue Action doing? on 23:48 - May 1 with 1178 viewsEuropablue

The most important thing would be to consult KM and the rest of the ITFC management. If they want it let it happen, if they feel like they can concentrate better without it, then cancel it!
What are Blue Action doing? on 00:22 - May 2 with 1153 viewsAB_ITFC

Have to say i think i agree. Lets get up first and go fecking mental after. Whatever the result an amazing season. If it all goes wrong great the coach on the second leg of the playoffs. Not that it will come to that hopefully.
What are Blue Action doing? on 04:53 - May 2 with 1088 views2-5-7

No problem with supporting the coach arrival.
Just don’t get the fascination with blue smoke.
Turns it into something else that sends out a slightly different message.
Don’t need to be a wannabe mini ultra to offer support to the team to get them over the line.
What are Blue Action doing? on 06:49 - May 2 with 1030 viewsBuhrer

What are Blue Action doing? on 04:53 - May 2 by 2-5-7

No problem with supporting the coach arrival.
Just don’t get the fascination with blue smoke.
Turns it into something else that sends out a slightly different message.
Don’t need to be a wannabe mini ultra to offer support to the team to get them over the line.

Unable to translate smoke signals, but knowing it doesnt mean theres a new Pope ...what "slightly different" message does blue smoke send? And will it help if they changed to orange? x
Login to get fewer ads

What are Blue Action doing? on 07:46 - May 2 with 972 viewsJazzaboom

Or we could welcome the coach before the game and then if we get the job done celebrate promotion after.
What are Blue Action doing? on 07:59 - May 2 with 952 viewsbluejacko

What are Blue Action doing? on 07:46 - May 2 by Jazzaboom

Or we could welcome the coach before the game and then if we get the job done celebrate promotion after.

That’s a radical thought🤔
What are Blue Action doing? on 08:02 - May 2 with 945 viewsbudgiebasher

Presumably this has all been approved by the Club and they will have checked with KM whether it’s something that he wants to see and he’s probably asked the players. What’s good for KM and the team is good for me. KM wants us to enjoy these moments and it didn’t do any harm against Exeter. Personally I can’t wait to get involved and nor can my 11 year old son!

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:06 - May 2 with 921 viewsbluelagos

Bring the noise, colour, pyro.

Live for the moment, soak it all up and make memories, what's not to like?

Fans wanting to build an atmosphere should absolutely be encouraged and good on every one of those pyro waving, singing, noisy little fckers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:17 - May 2 with 893 viewsPinewoodblue

What are Blue Action doing? on 07:46 - May 2 by Jazzaboom

Not sure why you say if we get the job done. Even if the unthinkable happens, and we end up in the play offs, we should still be celebrating a brilliant season.

Fans should show their appreciation in whatever way they feel appropriate, and that includes a welcome. Show support before, during & after the match. The most important thing though is to get behind the players for the full 90 minutes, be the twelfth man, put pressure on the opposition.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:32 - May 2 with 863 viewsArnieM

What are Blue Action doing? on 21:05 - May 1 by textbackup

Should go down and boo, confuse them

LOL ..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:36 - May 2 with 856 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

How bad is your memory? You've remembered Norwich but forgotten Exeter.
And in any case, in what way did it not quite work for Norwich? Do you think that's the reason we drew?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:09 - May 2 with 802 viewsBobbychase

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:36 - May 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

How bad is your memory? You've remembered Norwich but forgotten Exeter.
And in any case, in what way did it not quite work for Norwich? Do you think that's the reason we drew?!

Getting bored of posting this but people keep making false claims. We battered Exeter and the first half against Norwich was one of our best in terms of the football we played all season, just couldn't get the goals to match the build-up play. The idea that either coach welcome had any negative impact on the games that followed is nonsense.

If we expand the argument about not making a fuss until the job is done, then there would be no hype music when the team walk out, no PA announcer urging the crowd on. Just silence until we score, then we're "allowed" to get involved.

Go to the coach welcome on Saturday and see how many kids and teenagers are there. It's a wonderful snapshot of how the club has excited the town, the county and the wider fanbase again.

If you don't like it, stay in the pub. Nobody is forcing anyone to attend.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:14 - May 2 with 786 viewsbluelagos

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:09 - May 2 by Bobbychase

Getting bored of posting this but people keep making false claims. We battered Exeter and the first half against Norwich was one of our best in terms of the football we played all season, just couldn't get the goals to match the build-up play. The idea that either coach welcome had any negative impact on the games that followed is nonsense.

If we expand the argument about not making a fuss until the job is done, then there would be no hype music when the team walk out, no PA announcer urging the crowd on. Just silence until we score, then we're "allowed" to get involved.

Go to the coach welcome on Saturday and see how many kids and teenagers are there. It's a wonderful snapshot of how the club has excited the town, the county and the wider fanbase again.

This x100

Why anyone feels the need to tell other people how to conduct themselves is quite staggering.

Bring it on, enjoy it and speaking frankly, bollox to those who have a problem with it. Like you say, they are welcome not to attend.

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:14 - May 2 with 787 viewsAsa

What are Blue Action doing? on 08:06 - May 2 by bluelagos

Bring the noise, colour, pyro.

Live for the moment, soak it all up and make memories, what's not to like?

Fans wanting to build an atmosphere should absolutely be encouraged and good on every one of those pyro waving, singing, noisy little fckers.

100% agree.

Football is all about hope. On Saturday when that team arrives, 28,000 Town fans plus will be hoping that we do it.

Never understood any other logic. Don't celebrate a goal in case you concede? Don't sing when winning in case you lose? Only celebrate at the final whistle once a result is confirmed? Sod that.

Life is full of ups and downs. Some terrible things happen to us all, stress, worry, distress, pain, agony. You have to enjoy every moment of happiness you can and if we go 1-0 up at Man City after 2 minutes as a League Two side I am going mental. I'm not sitting there waiting for the inevitable 8-1 City comeback win.

After 20 years of utter dross supporting this club every single fan deserves to enjoy a few hours of the build up with their fellow fans, singing and cheering and if we then go onto win and can celebrate promotion then amazing!
What are Blue Action doing? on 09:24 - May 2 with 763 viewspointofblue

What are Blue Action doing? on 22:57 - May 1 by Bobbychase

Coach welcomes are not celebrations

To add to this, I can't help but think a coach welcome would have been organised even if we had lost to Coventry. I wouldn't like one for the play off game, should there be one, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What are Blue Action doing? on 10:21 - May 2 with 693 viewsRyorry

What are Blue Action doing? on 22:09 - May 1 by Parky

In regards to your first paragraph and on the whole, I was a little sceptical about it at first. On second thought, why not enjoy the occasion surrounded by thousands of fellow blues and close mates, letting off a few smoke bombs with some tinnies on what is our biggest game for years?

At the end of the day, if we don’t go up on Saturday, I’m not going to be devastated because I let a few smoke bombs off before-hand and looked cringey.
[Post edited 1 May 22:10]

Probably best not to bring smoke bombs unless you’re prepared to be banned from all league football grounds for the next 3 seasons.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Badabing Bobbers (n/t) on 10:22 - May 2 with 692 viewsDyland

What are Blue Action doing? on 09:09 - May 2 by Bobbychase

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What are Blue Action doing? on 10:24 - May 2 with 684 viewswithyblue

Football supporters really believe that they have much more power than they do. The coach welcome wasn't the reason we beat Exeter last season and it wasn't the reason we drew with Norwich (not that a draw with the league's fifth placed team is even a bad result).

Its just a way of showing the players how much it matters to us an our appreciation of them, and to help build the atmosphere for such a big game.
What are Blue Action doing? on 10:25 - May 2 with 674 viewsunbelievablue

Nah, you're assuming that the general consensus is that because you don't want it. Totally understand that if it's your opinion, but I have no issue with it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:39 - May 2 with 533 viewsbluelagos

What are Blue Action doing? on 10:21 - May 2 by Ryorry

Probably best not to bring smoke bombs unless you’re prepared to be banned from all league football grounds for the next 3 seasons.

This is outside the ground Ryorry - so think that's highly unlikely. Different story of course if you use them inside the ground during a match.

Ipswich and FA rules don't apply on public streets.

What are Blue Action doing? on 16:41 - May 2 with 524 viewsbluelou

its not a celebration, its a welcome for the players that have given their all this season.
The celebration might come after.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024