Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. 17:50 - May 1 with 2940 viewsipswichtillidie

All from the Championship. Obviously some talented players from other sides (Leeds/Leicester) not on this list but trying to make it financially viable. That said some of the players will no doubt fetch £15 million. All pending we collect a point sat of course.. post for fun.

I Greaves 23 Hull
Carvalho 21 Hull/Liverpool
J. philogene 22
G. Sara 24 Scum
M.Johnston 25 - WBA
Latte Lath 25 Boro
M. Whittaker 23 Plymouth
I. chair 26 - QPR
A Armstrong 27 Saints
F Downes 25 Saints
Walker peters 27 saints
Perry Ng 28 Cardiff
Jack Clark 23 Sunderland
Shief 26 - Coventry
[Post edited 1 May 17:51]

Gav

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 17:56 - May 1 with 2647 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Guess we need to wait and see who goes up from the play offs, but I imagine some of those would be on our radar.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:01 - May 1 with 2596 viewsChurchman

Good selection. I’d add Sargent to that little lot. But I’d bin Whittaker as he didn’t want to come here and Downes who couldn’t get away fast enough.

Clark, Chair and the three Hull lads have impressed me, as have Sara, Rowe and Sargent.

If we make it and they don’t, I wouldn’t mind nabbing one or two of them just to hack off the budgies. We could always loan them out to a Championship rival.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:05 - May 1 with 2567 viewsDanTheMan

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:01 - May 1 by Churchman

Good selection. I’d add Sargent to that little lot. But I’d bin Whittaker as he didn’t want to come here and Downes who couldn’t get away fast enough.

Clark, Chair and the three Hull lads have impressed me, as have Sara, Rowe and Sargent.

If we make it and they don’t, I wouldn’t mind nabbing one or two of them just to hack off the budgies. We could always loan them out to a Championship rival.

Can't blame Downes for wanting to get away when he did, and we needed the money quite frankly.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:05 - May 1 with 2566 viewsN2_Blue

Sara not for me. Nothing to do with Norwich connection before anyone suggests that. He has ability and clearly does some good things however without the ball he can be a liability . Maybe McKenna could coach that into him but he’s not a McKenna type of player currently.

Be quite happy if we signed any of the others listed.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:07 - May 1 with 2550 viewsDanTheMan

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:05 - May 1 by N2_Blue

Sara not for me. Nothing to do with Norwich connection before anyone suggests that. He has ability and clearly does some good things however without the ball he can be a liability . Maybe McKenna could coach that into him but he’s not a McKenna type of player currently.

I have a feeling Chair would probably not pass the "right sort" test...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:13 - May 1 with 2492 views_clive_baker_

Some good players in that list, although Chair has some legal stuff hanging over him apparently which probably rules him out. My nervousness with players like Chair, Ng and Shief is they're clearly very, very good players at this level, but are they Premier League players? They might well be, they're clearly quality, but I worry with players like those it would be adding numbers but perhaps not a discernible or proven jump in quality. I would prefer fewer and better I think, perhaps with a bit of PL experience, although we also need to be realistic about who we can attract.

Clark, Philogene, Downes are all of a level where I think they could certainly compete in the premier league IMO.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:16 - May 1 with 2470 viewshomer_123

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:05 - May 1 by DanTheMan

Can't blame Downes for wanting to get away when he did, and we needed the money quite frankly.

I don't see Downes coming back. He's been salty about us since he's left (fair enough).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:20 - May 1 with 2411 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Latte Lath for me.

North of 10m required though I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:30 - May 1 with 2287 viewsNthQldITFC

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:05 - May 1 by N2_Blue

I'd agree with that, and also put Rowe in the same bracket. Has been a bit flashy but not looking like a team player to me, and hit and miss too. Don't think the budgies rate him so much now, although they got a bit excited about him earlier in the season. Sargent on the other hand, I would definitely be keen on. Similar to Hirst.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:36 - May 1 with 2238 viewsgainsboroughblue

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:07 - May 1 by DanTheMan

He'd get the crowd out of their seats though.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:40 - May 1 with 2198 viewsacj

Sheaf from Cov & Clarke from Sunderland both look like they’d make the grade a level up to me.

If we were to look for players from somewhere more exotic I would love to see us move for Andre from Fluminense and Pablo Solari from River Plate. Both ‘the right sort’, got great engines on them (so think they’d cope well with McKenna’s style and Prem intensity) and excellent players technically - think those two are headed for the very top and wouldn’t be surprised if someone like Brighton were to target them.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:43 - May 1 with 2166 viewsNutkins_Return

Very decent list.

Defo Sheaf for me because he's perfect replacement for Morsy. Downes and Sheaf would be ideal for CM. To compete with Morsy, Luongo and Taylor of course!

Lathe Lath has got better and better at Boro. Philagene as well would be great. So those two as attacking options. Just hope Sarmiento and Hutchinson can stay!

O'Hare would be a good option for a 10. On a free as well but imagine he has something lined up.

I'll add in Hamer and Barkley as people to consider. Barkley had an amazing I pact and season with Luton. Only reason we might get him is age which isn't ideal.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 19:02 - May 1 with 2029 viewsITFCMonk

Thought I’d do a potential prem list too

Chris Wood - out of contract
Aaron Cresswell - out of contract
Tyrone Mings - not sure his situation with Villa?
Rak-Sakyi - Palace, been linked before
Jay Stansfield - Fulham, always linked

Was tempted to add Webster but thought he’d be unrealistic?

Also to add to your Champ list, would you take Will Keane back?

Bit of fun anyway
[Post edited 1 May 19:14]
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 19:42 - May 1 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:16 - May 1 by homer_123

I don't see Downes coming back. He's been salty about us since he's left (fair enough).

Hard to see it happening but he’d be an excellent signing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:02 - May 1 with 1777 viewsipswichtillidie

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 19:02 - May 1 by ITFCMonk

Bit of fun anyway

I think we will continue to look for young and hungry players to add value to the squad. Will Keane, I’d have thought not tbh. Delap at Hull another no9 I like who I missed off the list. Hull seem well backed though financially so would be difficult to prize some of their players away. Clubs who need to sell occasionally is where we are more likely to get value. Ironically if the scum don’t make it up they have 2/3 candidates and they will need to sell in order to buy. Lots of opportunities in the market and no doubt we will face competition of course from other premier league clubs.
I think regardless it will be a busy summer. Worth mentioning we had started to look at the overseas market hadn’t we. That would be where we may fish some unknowns from perhaps.
[Post edited 1 May 20:03]

Gav

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:06 - May 1 with 1744 viewsipswichtillidie

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 18:07 - May 1 by DanTheMan

Interesting that Phil noted though that we had made enquiries about him previously. You’d have thought those checks would have been done prior to asking availability/price etc. ??
[Post edited 1 May 20:07]

Gav

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:11 - May 1 with 1702 views_clive_baker_

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 19:02 - May 1 by ITFCMonk

Bit of fun anyway

Tbh I wouldn’t sign Will Keane if we stay down, certainly wouldn’t if we go up.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:35 - May 1 with 1600 viewsBorisBlanker

Sammie Szmodics
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:50 - May 1 with 1508 viewsITFCSG

O’Hare and Fábio Tavares from Cov

Sargent is good, but I personally don’t like ex-scum players. Ditto Sara.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:55 - May 1 with 1480 viewsPenzanceblue

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:06 - May 1 by ipswichtillidie

Interesting that Phil noted though that we had made enquiries about him previously. You’d have thought those checks would have been done prior to asking availability/price etc. ??
[Post edited 1 May 20:07]

???

We enquired about him in the summer. He was sentenced in February.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 21:12 - May 1 with 1437 viewsMK1

Clark, Latte Lath and Carvalho would be amazing signings. Those 3 would cost upwards of £30M I expect, so highly unlikely. Out of the 3, I think Latte Lath would be my No.1 choice.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 22:27 - May 1 with 1263 viewsipswichtillidie

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 20:55 - May 1 by Penzanceblue

???

We enquired about him in the summer. He was sentenced in February.

Why the ? See Phils electric chair thread. Summer was the enquiry maybe? Maybe not..

Gav

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 07:22 - May 2 with 918 viewsPenzanceblue

Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 22:27 - May 1 by ipswichtillidie

Why the ? See Phils electric chair thread. Summer was the enquiry maybe? Maybe not..

The ?? are because I didn't get the comment about due checks.

It was rumoured that we enquired in the summer and Phil has since said he thought that we did, but wasnt he only convicted a few months ago?
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 07:43 - May 2 with 842 viewsBattersea_Blue

I absolutely trust Kieran and his staff to have been working on this for a while, looking at what players we'd be interested in depending on which division we're in.

Many of the players mentioned in this thread would look to be excellent signings (not Chris Wood though, not in a million years).

Kieran and the staff will have the inside track on the players he'd be interested in. He'll have a wealth of contacts within the Premier League and he'll know what players he wants to bring in.

This season I think that's proven with the players he's brought in. For me, without exception, in both the summer and January transfer windows, our incomings have been outstanding, for different reasons. Travis hasn't featured that much, but he's been an excellent acquisition for both his on- and off-field contributions. Hutch and Sarmiento have been exquisite signings, albeit on loan and Kiefer was just what we needed when Hirst was out for months.

We'll have our lists already and it's hugely exciting. It'll make the close season so interesting to see who we bring in and I hope we can do business early so Kieran has a full pre-season with as many newcomers as possible.

To think that we may be able to sign up as our players the likes of Hutch and Sarmiento is mouth watering, though I imagine we won't go overboard on big signings in the first season and also rely on the loan market somewhat in the hope we establish ourselves in season 1 and kick on from there.

What a time to be a Town fan, even if (God forbid) the worst nightmare happens on Saturday and we screw up the playoffs.
Players I’ve been impressed with that we may or may not look at. on 07:45 - May 2 with 836 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I wondered if Finn Azaz could make the step up - had a cracking season in terms of goal involvements, and has that spark of unpredictability. Also young with potential higher resale value if he had a big impact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024