Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? 09:23 - May 1 with 667 viewstextbackup

Or fck it, shall we just not bother today.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:25 - May 1 with 651 viewsSaleAway

Not sure I've got the energy, if I'm honest.....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:26 - May 1 with 637 viewsfooters

I want to know how you fell off a flat roof, tbh. How did you manage that?!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:26 - May 1 with 637 viewstextbackup

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:25 - May 1 by SaleAway

Not sure I've got the energy, if I'm honest.....

Fair enough… we won, fck it. Park it there 💙

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:27 - May 1 with 622 viewshomer_123

Professional performance from the team under immense pressure.

Thought Leif was immense - especially tracking back and the defensive work, and he was carrying an injury.

The two CBs were brilliant - astute decision from KM that one.

VH - worldy save and a slight error for the goal but an overall excellent game.

Luongo - if he had anything left in the tank after that I'd be surprised!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:28 - May 1 with 605 viewstextbackup

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:26 - May 1 by footers

I want to know how you fell off a flat roof, tbh. How did you manage that?!

😂😂😂 didn’t have KM by my side coaching me how not to did I!

ladder went from under me mate, only been climbing them for 20+ years, up telegraph poles etc for 10 of those… so I’m not a rookie with ladders.

But a new lightweight ladder, wet patio, fcked me! (Only started raining once up there, so I wasn’t thick enough to go up when already wet 😂)

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:30 - May 1 with 583 viewstextbackup

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:27 - May 1 by homer_123

Professional performance from the team under immense pressure.

Thought Leif was immense - especially tracking back and the defensive work, and he was carrying an injury.

The two CBs were brilliant - astute decision from KM that one.

VH - worldy save and a slight error for the goal but an overall excellent game.

Luongo - if he had anything left in the tank after that I'd be surprised!

Unsure if you were in the ground, and could see this from the away end, but his (massimo) flying tackle to block a shot. Wow

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:34 - May 1 with 547 viewsSteve_M

Ha, it was good all round really. Very solid at the back, probably less effective on the ball than we wanted from the front players - Broadhead in particular struggled to affect the game, yet had two decent chances - but the workrate was terrific throughout. I lost count of how many times in the second half one player got a foot in for someone else to finish the clearance.

A couple of things on the goals:

1. KM deliberately checking his run to stand unmarked on the penalty spot, always looked like scoring that one.

2. Burgess just working a half-touch to change the angle, almost Chaplinesque, before twa_tting it in off the post.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:37 - May 1 with 505 viewshomer_123

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:30 - May 1 by textbackup

Unsure if you were in the ground, and could see this from the away end, but his (massimo) flying tackle to block a shot. Wow

Body.on.the.line.

Login to get fewer ads

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:38 - May 1 with 489 viewsRobTheMonk

I think we were surprised with how much energy Coventry had.

From about 20 minutes in to half time, they just played the ball through the press all the time.

Made some adjustments at half time and looked better for it.

Coventry are a very, very good side and I think had this not been their 4th game in 9 days, the result could have looked a little different.

But, Ipswich find a way.
[Post edited 1 May 9:40]
Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:40 - May 1 with 475 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:38 - May 1 by RobTheMonk

I think we were surprised with how much energy Coventry had.

From about 20 minutes in to half time, they just played the ball through the press all the time.

Made some adjustments at half time and looked better for it.

Coventry are a very, very good side and I think had this not been their 4th game in 9 days, the result could have looked a little different.

But, Ipswich find a way.
[Post edited 1 May 9:40]

Thought they were excellent on the ball. Interesting to see who they lose in the summer but think they’ll be well up there next year.
Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:46 - May 1 with 423 viewshomer_123

Can we discuss the actual performance, and a player or two? on 09:40 - May 1 by PrideOfTheEast

Thought they were excellent on the ball. Interesting to see who they lose in the summer but think they’ll be well up there next year.

As good as they were with the ball - they lacked penetration.

They struggled to get in behind us - at times, they were very slow moving the ball (see Leicester fans on the way they play). The often allowed us time to re-group and get out shape back, whereas if they moved the ball quicker and were braver at taking players on or looking for that 'though the lines' pass - they might well have had more success.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024