Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF we go up 08:47 - May 1 with 986 viewsAsa

Been watching football too long to take anything for granted.

How much do you realistically imagine we'd spend and how much would it cost to get Hutchinson permanently?

I'd imagine we could do a deal with Chelsea for £10m - £15m given their financial situation, need to sell and the fact he's going to still be way down their squad depth.

I could see us bringing in 3-4 players in the £5m - £10m mould to add what to what we have with a couple of shrewd older heads on frees. We aren't going to go out and spend £100m + but in order to add the desired quality we are going to have to make at least 4 signings and when you look at what Coventry paid for the likes of Simms and Wright, then we are going to beat the previous transfer record numerous times over the summer.

The likes of Downes, Sheaf, players of that ilk are going to set us back £10m each or around there you'd imagine.

But what an incredible 12 months when I now look at Hladky, Burgess, Burns, Hirst, Edmundson as players I'd have no issues seeing play for us as part of a Premier League side. Madness.

We'd still need a good deal of improvement but with McKenna, the players, the system and the togetherness it's nowhere near the levels you'd imagine. With Omari, Sarmiento and a few other quality loans you'd have to fancy our chances of not just staying up but perhaps even being a mid-table side.

Unreal. Let's get the job done first. But after decades of nothingness it's lovely to be able to have these conversations.
[Post edited 1 May 8:50]
IF we go up on 09:01 - May 1 with 897 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't think you're a mile away. Think we are looking at £40-£60m, on 4 first teamers and another 3 or 4 squad players. McKenna's big problem, will be finding the right players, that don't upset the apple cart, but I also think he will be mindful of giving players a crack at the Premier League.

We'll shed the ones we were going to shed anyway, I would expect JD, Dom Ball, Sone Aluko, Luongo, Jackson, Camara, El Miz and controversially, Hladky to move on at the end of their contracts.

And I'd expect to see some to get transfers out, to Championship clubs. It's going to be a summer of change again, if we do it.....

Edit: 'Seamers' corrected.
[Post edited 1 May 10:13]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

IF we go up on 09:04 - May 1 with 867 viewsAsa

IF we go up on 09:01 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think you're a mile away. Think we are looking at £40-£60m, on 4 first teamers and another 3 or 4 squad players. McKenna's big problem, will be finding the right players, that don't upset the apple cart, but I also think he will be mindful of giving players a crack at the Premier League.

We'll shed the ones we were going to shed anyway, I would expect JD, Dom Ball, Sone Aluko, Luongo, Jackson, Camara, El Miz and controversially, Hladky to move on at the end of their contracts.

And I'd expect to see some to get transfers out, to Championship clubs. It's going to be a summer of change again, if we do it.....

Given how diligent the recruitment has been in getting UK based players where there are a load of references and people McKenna, Ashton, Grant, Pert etc will know and can speak to it will be fascinating to see how we now blend that with the worldwide pool of talent we will need to tap into to push us on and how much harder it will be to ensure that dressing room and team spirit stays as high as it has. Without a doubt it's given us another 10-20% that other teams just don't have.
IF we go up on 09:05 - May 1 with 847 viewsGogs

Do you think we should maybe go for a couple of spinners along with the 4 seamers? 😁🏏
IF we go up on 09:07 - May 1 with 826 viewsCheltenham_Blue

IF we go up on 09:05 - May 1 by Gogs

Do you think we should maybe go for a couple of spinners along with the 4 seamers? 😁🏏

Only if they've got a leg break in their toolkit.

IF we go up on 09:10 - May 1 with 787 viewsdavblue

Luongo signed a contract extension earlier on this year.

Hladky, has been very good but i think we can improve on his shot stopping.
IF we go up on 09:10 - May 1 with 784 viewsNthQldITFC

IF level=0 {

Yeah gut feel £50-60m spend which I presume we can do FFP-wise with guaranteed income?

I think we're in a bit of a sweet spot for hungry young players on the way up seeing the attraction of playing for KMc at a buzzing club where they are not going to be down the pecking order if they're being bought for £10-£20m.

Hopefully we've got (or can quickly upgrade) the behind-the-scenes capacity to get that recruitment research done right so that good choices are available to KMc.

}

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

IF we go up on 09:44 - May 1 with 669 viewsNutkins_Return

I think Money wise you are right ball park but I think we'll bring in more like 7-8 minimum.

Could see Moore being made permanent for £1-2 million. Sarmiento another season loan. Omari maybe the same but surely Chelsea will have a look over him ore-season first.

Then 5-6 perm signings.

I imagine Aluko will take coaching job as big opportunity for him he won't get elsewhere. Quite a few fringe players will move on but won't discuss on any of that until after season finishes.
IF we go up on 10:02 - May 1 with 621 viewstextbackup

If we go up, We’ve got to be realistic, and as painful as it may be, we are going to need to replace a few of our heros with physically stronger and faster athletic players. Games will simply pass the likes of Chaplin, and Broadhead.

Could see a bring in 5/6 players around the £5/8m mark. Few smart loanees.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

IF we go up on 10:13 - May 1 with 555 viewsCheltenham_Blue

IF we go up on 09:44 - May 1 by Nutkins_Return

I think Money wise you are right ball park but I think we'll bring in more like 7-8 minimum.

Could see Moore being made permanent for £1-2 million. Sarmiento another season loan. Omari maybe the same but surely Chelsea will have a look over him ore-season first.

Then 5-6 perm signings.

I imagine Aluko will take coaching job as big opportunity for him he won't get elsewhere. Quite a few fringe players will move on but won't discuss on any of that until after season finishes.

I literally said 7-8

"4 first teamers and another 3 or 4 squad players"

IF we go up on 10:16 - May 1 with 522 viewsitfctilidie

IF we go up on 09:04 - May 1 by Asa

Given how diligent the recruitment has been in getting UK based players where there are a load of references and people McKenna, Ashton, Grant, Pert etc will know and can speak to it will be fascinating to see how we now blend that with the worldwide pool of talent we will need to tap into to push us on and how much harder it will be to ensure that dressing room and team spirit stays as high as it has. Without a doubt it's given us another 10-20% that other teams just don't have.

Promotion doesn't necessarily mean we will look abroad. McKenna knows the young english players through working at youth and U23 levels, promotion would give him the money and pull to be able to go out and get top quality young players in the ilk of Hutch ect. I saw Taylor Harwood Bellis linked the other week - this is exactly the type of signings I think we will make, young players from top clubs who are around the 22-24 age and in need of kicking on in their career rather than keep going on loans/playing bit parts or U23 football.

I personally think we need a goalkeeper, right back, centre half, back up left back, central midfielder, left winger, second and third striker.

We are not quite there yet, but IF we do get there this will be a summer window like we have not seen before - in terms of quality coming in and fees paid (stating the obvious I know)
[Post edited 1 May 10:18]
IF we go up on 11:51 - May 1 with 380 viewsAsa

IF we go up on 10:02 - May 1 by textbackup

If we go up, We’ve got to be realistic, and as painful as it may be, we are going to need to replace a few of our heros with physically stronger and faster athletic players. Games will simply pass the likes of Chaplin, and Broadhead.

This is it for me.

I've gone on record saying Chaplin was my favorite player. But since Norwich at home, close to 6 months, he's been barely involved in matches, in poor form and both he and Broadhead have large spells when you forget that they are involved.

Sarmiento on the other hand has been fantastic of late especially with his defensive work and pressing.

Realistically I could see Chaplin and Broadhead relegated to bench options at best and I don't think Moore would be seen as the answer because of his limited pace. Could see it being Hirst and someone else of a similar style to George, albeit a more Premier League ready option.

Would not surprise me at all to see Hladky, Davis, Burgess, NEW CB, Tuanzebe, NEW CM, Morsy, Sarmiento, NEW AM, Hutchison, Hirst as the sort of first team we'd be looking at but Davis (Hutchison too if not signed or loaned again) aside I could see any of the players in that side being replaced over the summer with those mentioned seen as squad players.

Chaplin, Broadhead, Clarke, Taylor may well end up being this seasons Jackson, Donacien, Edmundson, Harness.
IF we go up on 11:52 - May 1 with 371 viewsdirtyboy

IF we go up on 10:02 - May 1 by textbackup

I think 5/6 too, just evolve much of what we've got, will sadly lose those on the fringes (all have played a part) those currently first choice quite likely become good, quality and trusted squad players who know they have a massive part to play.

Feel sad to see any player from this squad go. Literally all of them will always been remembered.

Days of having players singled out for not being good enough etc have gone and it's been wonderful. Everyone knows the squad have done it, even down to the culture of training sessions being high which even if they're not playing, keeping the better (or those playing more) players honest throughout a season is a big reason we are where we are.

Still one more game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024