Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Huddersfield 07:26 - May 1 with 1149 viewsMJallday

Are they going to come at us?
Coventry had sod all to play for and made that last 20 mins or so hellish.

Some of those udders players (already relegated let’s be fair) will
Be keen to show what they’re made of prior to the summer sales.

Shouldn’t be nervous but this is Ipswich…

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So Huddersfield on 07:29 - May 1 with 1102 viewsDanTheMan

I don't think they'll come here and just let us have it, they'll want to win.

But we are a better team.

One small thing might be their fans probably caring more that we stop Leeds going up...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So Huddersfield on 07:30 - May 1 with 1069 viewsMattinLondon

I imagine most footballers are highly competitive and hate the idea of opposition fans and players celebrating promotion etc in front of them. I think that this might give them extra motivation but they are where they are for a reason.
So Huddersfield on 07:33 - May 1 with 1042 viewsNthQldITFC

So Huddersfield on 07:29 - May 1 by DanTheMan

I don't think they'll come here and just let us have it, they'll want to win.

But we are a better team.

One small thing might be their fans probably caring more that we stop Leeds going up...

Had a quick shufti at their forum last night and the overwhelming message was "hope the players don't do the worst thing possible and actually win!"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So Huddersfield on 07:43 - May 1 with 922 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Their players will be playing for pride... and possibly a move. So they aren't going to just roll over, and won't have any fear as they have nothing to lose.

I don't think they'll just sit back and defend either, there's no point to that.

I'll be nervous too on the day, just like I was before Exeter. But McKenna will plan things as he always does, and the players will be professional and give their all, as they always do. That ought to be enough to get the job done.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So Huddersfield on 09:33 - May 1 with 579 viewsyorkshireblue

So Huddersfield on 07:33 - May 1 by NthQldITFC

Had a quick shufti at their forum last night and the overwhelming message was "hope the players don't do the worst thing possible and actually win!"

Huddersfield inadvertently promoted Leeds last time by beating West Brom.
So Huddersfield on 09:42 - May 1 with 506 viewspennblue

So Huddersfield on 07:43 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Their players will be playing for pride... and possibly a move. So they aren't going to just roll over, and won't have any fear as they have nothing to lose.

I don't think they'll just sit back and defend either, there's no point to that.

I'll be nervous too on the day, just like I was before Exeter. But McKenna will plan things as he always does, and the players will be professional and give their all, as they always do. That ought to be enough to get the job done.

They also got a 1 - 1 at Ashton Gate only 2 weeks ago and Bristol City are flying. It took a 101 minute equaliser from Bristol to salvage a point.

The main positive is I suspect (looking at the possession stats for that game) they employed a low block for that game against Bristol. Well they can't do that for this game as they need to try and score 7 goals past us and hope there is a freak result elsewhere, so they really have no choice but to come at us from the off, and their fans would expect nothing less either.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So Huddersfield on 09:44 - May 1 with 474 viewsRadlett_blue

So Huddersfield on 09:33 - May 1 by yorkshireblue

Huddersfield inadvertently promoted Leeds last time by beating West Brom.

It doesn't really matter what the fans think - the Huddersfield players won't give a damn whether Town or Leeds are promoted. As others have said, professional footballers playing in front of a big crowd won't want to lie down & get humiliated. However, if we get ahead, I doubt Huddersfield will give it everything to get back into the game as they must know that they are effectively relegated. Last night, Coventry were playing in front of their own fans so naturally they didn't want to give up & accept a loss. If we had gone 2 up, I think a few more of their players would have felt a bit tired & accepted the game had probably gone.
All we need to do is treat Saturday like a routine game, rather than a promotion party & put in a repeat of the Exeter performance last year. I just hope Huddersfield don't nick a lead, as otherwise it has potential to get very nervy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024