Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the positive side 11:30 - Apr 30 with 841 viewsBuffaloBill

Not being arrogant or presumptuous but we will be massive, massive favourites to win Saturday.

So that accounted for, when was the last time we went in to a game knowing we just need to not get beaten? I'm confident playing a team with zero to play for we will do that at the very least.

Come on boys and girls, we've got this!

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

On the positive side on 11:40 - Apr 30 with 745 viewsGuthrum

Not quite true. If Huddersfield beat us by sixteen goals minus however many Plymouth lose by, they will be safe. If Hull, questing for the top six, play with the ferocity they did on Saturday evening, that may even be an attainable target!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

On the positive side on 11:44 - Apr 30 with 712 viewsLeoMuff

Pressure does funny things to players, so who knows never dreamed Leeds would get beat 0-4 last week or lose at home to Blackburn.

One game at a time, we need to put ourselves in the position where a win or a draw is enough first.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

On the positive side on 11:53 - Apr 30 with 659 viewsusm

We go there to win.
McKenna knows no other way.
COYBs.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

On the positive side on 12:31 - Apr 30 with 541 viewsN2_Blue

we need to win tonight before we can just say we need to avoid bing beaten.

Tonight isn;t going to be easy. I'd rather win but if someone said win your last game at home v Huddersfield to go up you'd take it meaning a draw is a good result tonight...its just a win would be superb and mean a draw is enough Saturday.

I can't see us taking undue risks if it's 1-1 with 15 mins to go tonight as taking a risk that en'ds up with them getting a winner on the break would be disastrous.

I'm certain Leeds will win saturday. They'll need a reaction, especially if they think thye are going to be in the playoffs.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

On the positive side on 12:34 - Apr 30 with 518 viewsBlueNomad

I really don't like being massive favourites. We must beware of a team that has forwards like Simms and Hadji-Wright. They will get chances, we have to ensure they don't go in.
On the positive side on 12:48 - Apr 30 with 449 viewsgordon

Don't really like the idea that they've got zero to play for - some players will be putting themselves in the shop window for a decent move in a high-profile game against good opponents, others will be playing for contracts / to win the shirt for next season etc. etc.
On the positive side on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 381 viewsEuropablue

On the positive side on 12:34 - Apr 30 by BlueNomad

I really don't like being massive favourites. We must beware of a team that has forwards like Simms and Hadji-Wright. They will get chances, we have to ensure they don't go in.

I don't know about massive favourites. There are all sorts of variables like they have played a lot of matches in a short period of time, they have nothing to play for since a heartbreaking loss in the FA Cup semi final, but on the other hand they could play freely, and you never know what random thing could happen to cause us problems.

The funny thing is that before the match our imaginations can get the better of us and we can either build Coventry up to be the best or we can stress that they are down to their barebones, but when we actually start the match we will know where we stand.
The start that we made against Hull really settled the nerves. Hull always looked dangerous, so it never felt comfortable, but we never seemed like losing.
On the positive side on 13:02 - Apr 30 with 358 viewsN2_Blue

On the positive side on 12:34 - Apr 30 by BlueNomad

Agree they are a real threat.

I think tonight is the game to look at as avoiding defeat and win on Saturday with a home crowd behind us

Of course we should go for the win tonight and hopefully we put away the chances we do create and make no mistakes at the back to gift them anything, but I can't see us taking undue risks and it being quite as open and dynamic as the Hull game.

Coventry unfortunately do carry a serious goal threat and this is the danger. Lose tonight would be disasterous, i can't see Leeds gifting up another opportunity. It would be a massive shot in the arm for them if it ends up back in their hands.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024