Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? 21:32 - Apr 28 with 2266 viewsITFCBlues

Looking at the side they put out at Blackburn, that still looks fairly strong to me. Wright, Simms, O'Hare & Palmer are all good players at this level.

I hope that Sheaf is still missing from their midfield - he's always looked a good player when i've seen him. They're also missing a few players at the back, so hopefully we might be able to take advantage of that.

I guess we just don't know what side will turn up - are they on the beach or will they be committed to getting a result?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:38 - Apr 28 with 2208 viewsgainsboroughblue

This division is so batsh1t crazy, literally anything could happen. We could be 3 up after half an hour, frustratingly held to a 0-0 as we spurn chance after chance, or beaten by a speculative shot from the halfway line.

I'm clinging to the hope that they have nothing really to play for. It's not the last home game for them so not as much of an urgency to sign off with a performance and that they'll be cooked as it's 4 games in 9 days for them.

In short, the only thing I do know is that I'm going to be a nervous wreck (again).

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 2190 viewspointofblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:38 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

This division is so batsh1t crazy, literally anything could happen. We could be 3 up after half an hour, frustratingly held to a 0-0 as we spurn chance after chance, or beaten by a speculative shot from the halfway line.

I'm clinging to the hope that they have nothing really to play for. It's not the last home game for them so not as much of an urgency to sign off with a performance and that they'll be cooked as it's 4 games in 9 days for them.

In short, the only thing I do know is that I'm going to be a nervous wreck (again).

I think tiredness is what we've got to hang on to. Stay in the game and let themselves burn out. But Robins is a very good manager and will have them up for it. They have decent players too. This is not a given which is why dropping two points which were on a platter at Hull is gutting, even 24 hours on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:41 - Apr 28 with 2178 viewsportmanking

Robins said O'Hare was on his last legs pre-Blackburn. Seems to have played the full 90 near as damn it, so may be goosed for Tues. Same with Wright by the looks of it?
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:48 - Apr 28 with 2086 viewsVaughan8

I know stats can be deceiving but I think I saw Blackburn had about 30 shots to 6 or something.

I know its a totally different game away from home a lot of the time.

As said above, I expect us to be dominant in the last 30 mins so get the win/see it out.

But who knows.
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 2077 viewspointofblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:41 - Apr 28 by portmanking

Robins said O'Hare was on his last legs pre-Blackburn. Seems to have played the full 90 near as damn it, so may be goosed for Tues. Same with Wright by the looks of it?

I can see Robins being similar to Mick, in that he doesn't want to play weakened sides against team who have something to go for. The trouble is they've had Manchester United, Hull, Blackburn then us - an FA Cup semi and three sides with something to play for. He would have preferred to have QPR in midweek so he could change the entire side, as they have nothing to play for, then us on final day.

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:52 - Apr 28 with 2037 viewsportmanking

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:49 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

I can see Robins being similar to Mick, in that he doesn't want to play weakened sides against team who have something to go for. The trouble is they've had Manchester United, Hull, Blackburn then us - an FA Cup semi and three sides with something to play for. He would have preferred to have QPR in midweek so he could change the entire side, as they have nothing to play for, then us on final day.

He may be a tad old-school, but he can only pick the players who are fit enough/available.

4 games in 9 days (3 after the heartache of the cup semi) is as tough as it gets in the back end of a campaign.
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 2018 viewsbackwaywhen

Dare I say it , but they are second bottom of the current form table , half their squad are knackered or injured, Kiching is suspended, we really should be beat Coventry on this occasion, we still have the golden ticket please let’s not mess this up after all our hard word since August ….In McKenna we trust .
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 1951 viewsSufferingCovFan

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:52 - Apr 28 by portmanking

He may be a tad old-school, but he can only pick the players who are fit enough/available.

4 games in 9 days (3 after the heartache of the cup semi) is as tough as it gets in the back end of a campaign.

Completely agree.

And it banishes any comments from other teams about "match fixing" or playing under strength teams.

We put out kids against you, the screams of indignation from Leeds, Southampton and Norwich wouldn't impact yourselves. But we'd have some serious cleanup to do after.
Login to get fewer ads

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:00 - Apr 28 with 1930 views_clive_baker_

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:38 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

I would take 0-0 to be honest.

Keep it in our hands going in to the final day and needing to match Leeds’ result is a heck of a position to be in.
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:02 - Apr 28 with 1917 viewsgainsboroughblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:00 - Apr 28 by _clive_baker_

I would take 0-0 to be honest.

Keep it in our hands going in to the final day and needing to match Leeds’ result is a heck of a position to be in.

I suppose I would if I could actually keep the feck calm about things.

Just sitting in 2nd spot after Tuesday would be massive really.
[Post edited 28 Apr 22:04]

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:14 - Apr 28 with 1827 viewsITFCBlues

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 21:58 - Apr 28 by SufferingCovFan

Completely agree.

And it banishes any comments from other teams about "match fixing" or playing under strength teams.

We put out kids against you, the screams of indignation from Leeds, Southampton and Norwich wouldn't impact yourselves. But we'd have some serious cleanup to do after.

The side you put out on Saturday still looked very strong to me, full of quality. Perhaps just defensively you'll be a little short on Tuesday?

Need to focus on our own game and performance on 22:37 - Apr 28 with 1673 viewsunstableblue

And the fans need to turn up again in terms of support

If the Town players put in the energy and performance of Saturday night, we will get the result we need

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:53 - Apr 28 with 1581 viewsSufferingCovFan

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:14 - Apr 28 by ITFCBlues

The side you put out on Saturday still looked very strong to me, full of quality. Perhaps just defensively you'll be a little short on Tuesday?

Kitching as said is suspended. Binks is 3rd option CB, out injured.

We could put out a first team back 4 in

DaSilva Thomas Latibeaudiere van Ewijk

Jay DaSilva is our attacking LB option, compared to Jake Bidwell, who the players call Terminator. Hasn't been called on as much as he wants so he may be the most energetic one of the back line.

Bobby Thomas has played the full 90 in all bar one of our last 10 games, and 120 mins in the semifinal. And he showed it vs Hull. Puts his heart on the line for us and we love him. But he's showing fatigue.

Lati is a utility player, can play CB, RB, DM but he doesn't look overly comfortable in any. Is sometimes used in a back 5 as the middle man. Allows us to change formation quickly and without significant substitutions. Handy player, prone to an error. Has had a fair amount of game time

Milan van Ewijk has had a lot of gametime and his energetic play style can't be helping his recovery rate.

And the subs.....

Bidwell. Oldest member of the defensive posse. But again, has been used a lot.

Dermi Lusala. U-21 player that has been on the bench a few times but never played

Josh Eccles. DM, usually partners Sheaf in midfield. Homegrown, academy graduate. Can and has played RB but it's not his favourite role and he's been used a lot in the last couple of months in midfield.

And I've had to trawl our own club site to make sure I haven't missed any one.

So yes. we are a little short defensively in the squad and the suspension, injury and attempts to mitigate exhaustion rotation are leaving us with square pegs in round holes.
So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:59 - Apr 28 with 1525 viewspointofblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:53 - Apr 28 by SufferingCovFan

Kitching as said is suspended. Binks is 3rd option CB, out injured.

We could put out a first team back 4 in

DaSilva Thomas Latibeaudiere van Ewijk

Jay DaSilva is our attacking LB option, compared to Jake Bidwell, who the players call Terminator. Hasn't been called on as much as he wants so he may be the most energetic one of the back line.

Bobby Thomas has played the full 90 in all bar one of our last 10 games, and 120 mins in the semifinal. And he showed it vs Hull. Puts his heart on the line for us and we love him. But he's showing fatigue.

Lati is a utility player, can play CB, RB, DM but he doesn't look overly comfortable in any. Is sometimes used in a back 5 as the middle man. Allows us to change formation quickly and without significant substitutions. Handy player, prone to an error. Has had a fair amount of game time

Milan van Ewijk has had a lot of gametime and his energetic play style can't be helping his recovery rate.

And the subs.....

Bidwell. Oldest member of the defensive posse. But again, has been used a lot.

Dermi Lusala. U-21 player that has been on the bench a few times but never played

Josh Eccles. DM, usually partners Sheaf in midfield. Homegrown, academy graduate. Can and has played RB but it's not his favourite role and he's been used a lot in the last couple of months in midfield.

And I've had to trawl our own club site to make sure I haven't missed any one.

So yes. we are a little short defensively in the squad and the suspension, injury and attempts to mitigate exhaustion rotation are leaving us with square pegs in round holes.

Can imagine Wright, Simms and Godden still causing our defence issues. I still remember Godden scoring the last pre-Covid goal at Portman Road.

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:21 - Apr 28 with 1396 viewsITFCBlues

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 22:59 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Can imagine Wright, Simms and Godden still causing our defence issues. I still remember Godden scoring the last pre-Covid goal at Portman Road.

Yeah exactly my thoughts - this is far from an easy game. I know they've played a lot of games and in theory we should be less tired, but Coventry are no mugs & if they turn up, they'll cause us problems for certain.

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:35 - Apr 28 with 1343 viewsgainsboroughblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:21 - Apr 28 by ITFCBlues

Yeah exactly my thoughts - this is far from an easy game. I know they've played a lot of games and in theory we should be less tired, but Coventry are no mugs & if they turn up, they'll cause us problems for certain.

Jesus. This thread is making me feel worse. I go from buoyant confidence to being convinced were getting beaten and back again several times an hour.

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:39 - Apr 28 with 1316 viewsITFCBlues

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:35 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

Jesus. This thread is making me feel worse. I go from buoyant confidence to being convinced were getting beaten and back again several times an hour.

Yeah, it's actually starting to make me feel ill now haha!

It's fair to say that this is not an easy game. If we can come away with a point though, i've no doubts we will be beating Huddersfield on the final day.

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:44 - Apr 28 with 1279 viewspointofblue

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:39 - Apr 28 by ITFCBlues

Yeah, it's actually starting to make me feel ill now haha!

It's fair to say that this is not an easy game. If we can come away with a point though, i've no doubts we will be beating Huddersfield on the final day.

Saturday lunchtime kick off...

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 06:43 - Apr 29 with 931 viewsPioneerBlue

1-3 town. Time to step up and take the chance. No regrets.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 06:47 - Apr 29 with 906 viewsBlueBoots

So what can we actually expect from Coventry then? on 23:44 - Apr 28 by pointofblue

Saturday lunchtime kick off...

indeed...

12.30 KOs.... by BlueBoots 7 Apr 7:48
I'm glad someone else has spotted the 12:30 KO curse...full record this season:

Norwich (H) 2-2
Leeds (A) 0-4
AFC Wimbledon (A) 3-1
Maidstone (H) 1-2
West Brom (H) 2-2
Cardiff (A) 1-2
Norwich (A) 0-1

So a cup win and defeat to lower division opposition, and W0, D2, L3 in the League.

It's not just the results, the performances have been pretty flat in most of those games (even the only win away to Wimbledon) We're normally pretty meticulous with our planning, so surprised it hasn't been picked up on to see if there are any tweaks we can make to pre match preparations to improve on this; when it comes down to fine margins, something like changing the squad arrival time, pre-match meal times etc. might be worth looking into.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024