Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With what is at stake… 15:14 - Apr 28 with 2120 viewsSitfcB

I see nothing other than a win or a draw on Tuesday, and then a win on Saturday.

Is that the wrong thinking to have?

My head is still a little burred from yesterday and I’ve just driven back from Hull with rain all the way thinking that’s how I see it now.

I feel the calmest I’ve felt in weeks, but that may change tomorrow, sure it will.

COYFB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

With what is at stake… on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 2027 viewstonybied

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling pretty good and not too nervous, by the time the match came around I was an absolute gibbering mess.
With what is at stake… on 15:30 - Apr 28 with 2001 viewsHerbivore

It's weird, I have so much faith in the team and McKenna and the rational part of my brain says they have what it takes to get us over the line. But there's another part of me that can't see us doing it, I think probably the bit of me that has been going to PR for over 30 years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

With what is at stake… on 15:31 - Apr 28 with 1993 viewsMJallday

Draw minimum

A win sees us up IMO

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

With what is at stake… on 16:03 - Apr 28 with 1877 viewsFtnfwest

When I saw the question about would you take a draw now from Coventry I originally thought ‘no way we should win that’ and maybe we should and will, but thinking about it, anything that leaves it in our hands v Huddersfield you’ve surely got to take. In some ways would make the last game more straightforward knowing we’d need a win rather than a draw, though of course that would be an additional safety net.
With what is at stake… on 16:13 - Apr 28 with 1785 views_clive_baker_

OGAAT.

Aim has to be to go to Cov and win. If we do that I can’t see us losing on the final day tbh which is what it would take to not go up in 2nd. I’d take a point now against Cov if you offered it to me though and back us to do the business on Saturday.
With what is at stake… on 16:15 - Apr 28 with 1762 viewsTheBoyBlue

A lose would mean its out of hands and relying on a Southampton team who will probably be saving themselves for the play-offs rather than battling hard against an extremely good Leeds team at a vociferous Elland Road.

So yes, a point at least.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

With what is at stake… on 16:20 - Apr 28 with 1704 viewsbazza

With what is at stake… on 16:15 - Apr 28 by TheBoyBlue

A lose would mean its out of hands and relying on a Southampton team who will probably be saving themselves for the play-offs rather than battling hard against an extremely good Leeds team at a vociferous Elland Road.

So yes, a point at least.

Or you could say, wanting to go out on a high and build a bit of confidence and momentum for the play offs, rather than a negative result which would be terrible for morale..and letting down the travelling fans.
With what is at stake… on 16:27 - Apr 28 with 1655 viewsgainsboroughblue

We need to win at Coventry really. It deflates Leeds and their crowd for the weekend. We don't want to give them an inch. We saw last night how a rejuvenated crowd invigorated Hull.

Also, we need to break this run of draws and a must win last game of the season is not the ideal time to rely on starting winning again, regardless of who we are playing.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

With what is at stake… on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 1576 viewsblueprint

With what is at stake… on 16:27 - Apr 28 by gainsboroughblue

We need to win at Coventry really. It deflates Leeds and their crowd for the weekend. We don't want to give them an inch. We saw last night how a rejuvenated crowd invigorated Hull.

Also, we need to break this run of draws and a must win last game of the season is not the ideal time to rely on starting winning again, regardless of who we are playing.

I totally get what you’re saying but I don’t think a draw would be a disaster. It would still be our own hands but nothing else but a win would do against Huddersfield.

I don’t know about you but I feel it’s part of my life story that we get so close yet again only to be disappointed. Not that I can fault the team for the amazing effort they put in.

I’ve got a constant feeling of nervousness going on at the moment that’s seriously affecting my sleep patterns.
With what is at stake… on 16:36 - Apr 28 with 1573 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Totally agree. Just imagine we only get a point at Coventry, we go into the second half against Huddersfield still level and Leeds are 3-0 up against Saints. It would get very nervy around Portman Road and I’d just rather we didn’t have to deal with all that. Just get it done against Cov, 2-0 nice and straightforward.
With what is at stake… on 16:39 - Apr 28 with 1524 viewsIllinoisblue

With what is at stake… on 16:35 - Apr 28 by blueprint

I totally get what you’re saying but I don’t think a draw would be a disaster. It would still be our own hands but nothing else but a win would do against Huddersfield.

I don’t know about you but I feel it’s part of my life story that we get so close yet again only to be disappointed. Not that I can fault the team for the amazing effort they put in.

I’ve got a constant feeling of nervousness going on at the moment that’s seriously affecting my sleep patterns.

A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but it would be hugely deflating and cause mass anxiety for the Hudds game. Win at Cov and it’ll be * almost but not quite * carnival time on Saturday.

I think we’ll end up in playoffs and anything else is a bonus.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

With what is at stake… on 16:41 - Apr 28 with 1502 viewsgainsboroughblue

Re your second paragraph.

Absolutely concur with that. I'm an extremely infrequent attendee now but I was week in week out during all of the play off campaigns we've had where we'd be the bridesmaids finishing 3rd. Just seemed to be inevitable.

In 98/99, we had it in our hands just as much as we do now. What happened? We inexplicably got beaten by Crewe at home and lost at Brum. We won on the last day against Sheff Utd but Bradford did their job at Wolves.

I'm too scarred to be bullish about things and lack the patience maybe to, using a cricket analogy, get the runs in singles.
[Post edited 28 Apr 16:43]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

With what is at stake… on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 1394 viewsTheBoyBlue

With what is at stake… on 16:20 - Apr 28 by bazza

Or you could say, wanting to go out on a high and build a bit of confidence and momentum for the play offs, rather than a negative result which would be terrible for morale..and letting down the travelling fans.

Maybe, but either way, we don't want to be relying on others.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

With what is at stake… on 16:56 - Apr 28 with 1333 viewsVegtablue

Not sure! Similar has been at stake in the last few games and we haven't won, so I don't believe it will happen because it "must happen". I'm also mindful of Coventry's home record, even with a tired and depleted squad. They've beaten 1st & 2nd, drawn with 4th & 5th. Will we be loads fresher after our own epic last night? Don't see how Leif will be ready by Tuesday if a genuine sprain.

Our position is so strong but also so precarious, hence the swirling anxieties. I back us to get a positive result much of the time, but the scenario in which they edge a well-fought game does fill me with a little dread. Southampton are in recovery mode now. Armstrong, Adams, Bednarek, Downes, and Aribo were all on the bench for their home loss to Stoke, with Hardwood-Bellis removed at HT. Expect them to manage their squad and energy levels next Saturday too. Whoever is ahead after Tuesday is destined to finish there IMO.

(We get over the line more often than not from this position, no doubt.)
With what is at stake… on 16:56 - Apr 28 with 1334 viewsStewart27

I just want to go into the last game of the season and not have to look at my phone for other results.
With what is at stake… on 17:00 - Apr 28 with 1293 viewstcblue

I think we'll win em both and finish top

COYB
With what is at stake… on 17:02 - Apr 28 with 1246 viewsjasondozzell

I feel strangely calm too today. You just know that this team will give everything. They have done all season.
With what is at stake… on 17:13 - Apr 28 with 1113 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think I'd actually be confident if one of them had something to play for.

Apart from leeds. The sides we've struggled against have been those who sit back and counter.

We could be going into two games of that exact nature and that makes me nervous.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

With what is at stake… on 17:18 - Apr 28 with 1058 viewsWestSussexBlue

Needing to Win next Saturday is not ideal, pressure will be seriously on.
The ideal scenario I believe, win at Cov then knowing that we already start with the point against Huddersfield we can relax and potentially win that also.
With what is at stake… on 17:21 - Apr 28 with 1031 viewsKropotkin123

I'm confident, not arrogant, that we can get the win at Coventry. They seem to have a lot of injuries/personnel issues, and we looked good and finally got our shooting boots back against Hull.

A draw is minimum, but we should go for the win.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

With what is at stake… on 17:26 - Apr 28 with 979 viewsGavTWTD

Yes I'm waking up at crap-o"clock and then not getting back to sleep. However I've every confidence of 2 wins to finish the season off on a real high. I'll feel very different on Tuesday though.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

With what is at stake… on 17:30 - Apr 28 with 921 viewsHighgateBlue

A win against Cov would be great, and we can go into it with positivity knowing that we're a good side and we're playing against a Coventry side who are understandably deflated and sinking towards mid table.

However, we haven't won any of our last four, and I'm sure Kieran would quite like to have won at least one of them. So I'm confident that we can win, but I'm far from confident that we shall win. And in that context it's difficult to say that we 'have' to win it, otherwise, well what does that mean if we don't?
With what is at stake… on 17:40 - Apr 28 with 832 viewsnorth_stand77

I kept waking up last night with that slightly glum feeling - then remembering the reason was last night's game and feeling a little disappointed that we hadn't put 3 points in the bag.

I would be thrilled if we could get 3 points at Coventry but realise its not going to be that easy.

With a bit of luck we could go into the last game needing just one point and able to ENJOY the game. PLEASE you football gods, we've waited a long time for this!
With what is at stake… on 17:52 - Apr 28 with 757 viewsMK1

We can win at Coventry please, just to give us all a little bit easier rest of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024