Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardian letter and article 09:26 - Apr 27 with 473 viewsDJR

The following letter in today's Guardian prompted me to read the article, but my take on it is that whatever happens this season or next, let's just enjoy the journey we are on.

"As a Burnley fan, all I can say to Ipswich fans is that you must believe what Jonathan Liew is trying to tell you: “that this – right here – is the good bit. With a team they adore and a league they are tearing apart and a coach who is theirs and theirs alone. Not the grim struggle that comes after.” Never has just a tiny part of an article expressed my feelings of last season and this so succinctly."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/apr/23/for-sheffield-united-and-c

"I know a few Ipswich fans and quite a lot of my time right now is being spent trying to convince them that this – right here – is the good bit. With a team they adore and a league they are tearing apart and a coach who is theirs and theirs alone.

Not the grim struggle that comes after: desperately begging big clubs for loan players, the sheer cliff face to 35 points, hours spent waiting for VAR decisions, 21% possession against Manchester City, elite tactical fouling. Getting bossed 2-0 at home and feeling weirdly grateful. Chris Sutton suddenly deciding to have an opinion about you. Getting rinsed by agents. Getting beaten by literal nation states. For the teams at the bottom of the food chain, the Premier League has come to resemble an abusive relationship."
[Post edited 27 Apr 9:28]
Guardian letter and article on 09:40 - Apr 27 with 370 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of course, when you struggle then everyone moans. I bet they weren’t complaining when they finished 7th and qualified for Europe in their 1st season in the PL under Dyche

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Guardian letter and article on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 360 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

" While their fans fume at the latest tranche of ticket price rises, and Nuno Espírito Santo fumes at referees, official club statements fume at mysterious conspiracies, unspoken corruptions, a deep state that somehow includes Luton Town. "

Love that last bit.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Guardian letter and article on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 335 viewsYppswyche

Jokes on him as Chris Sutton very much already has an opinion on Town
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024