Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does that result tonight take the pressure off 22:21 - Apr 26 with 2984 viewsKeno

Our lads a bit?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:23 - Apr 26 with 2607 viewsgainsboroughblue

It should but the closer you get, the further away it seems.

More than anything, I trust the staff, players and how they would've prepared to get this done.

You can bet McKenna hasn't had a day off (well, maybe 1) since we last played.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:24 - Apr 26 with 2572 viewspatrickswell

Yes in that they know what their minimum target is now. They just have to go out and do it….
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:25 - Apr 26 with 2558 viewsbelgablue

You'd think, but they always seem pretty chilled anyway. Some pretty big but comfortable away wins at the back end of last season when the pressure was really on.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:25 - Apr 26 with 2558 views_clive_baker_

Takes it off a lot with regards to tomorrow I would say. A defeat would've felt a bit final I imagine, now we'll have a 2nd crack on Tuesday to still keep it in our hands.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 with 2499 viewsgainsboroughblue

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:25 - Apr 26 by belgablue

You'd think, but they always seem pretty chilled anyway. Some pretty big but comfortable away wins at the back end of last season when the pressure was really on.

It reassures me how they were at Peterborough and Barnsley, then Exeter at home last year. They seemed to have an effortless approach and took care of those games with zero fuss.

We as fans are always going to be edgier, because we've got wider scars from the past and also have no control over events.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 with 2496 viewsIllinoisblue

A tad perhaps. A draw tomorrow would be a great result.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 with 2472 viewsFrimleyBlue

I've been trying to think of a way of explaining what I'm about to post but I can't quite get it right In a way that makes sense.. but I'll give it a go anyway.

What that result does for us is maybe enable KM to look at tomorrow's game differently.

There is now 0 NEED to win tomorrow. It will be massive to do so and we go into it wanting to win. But the need has been replaced by want. Which imo is a much better place.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:28 - Apr 26 with 2456 viewsbelgablue

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

It reassures me how they were at Peterborough and Barnsley, then Exeter at home last year. They seemed to have an effortless approach and took care of those games with zero fuss.

We as fans are always going to be edgier, because we've got wider scars from the past and also have no control over events.

Definitely a few scars. I'm ready for nice things now.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Login to get fewer ads

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:29 - Apr 26 with 2429 views_clive_baker_

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

I've been trying to think of a way of explaining what I'm about to post but I can't quite get it right In a way that makes sense.. but I'll give it a go anyway.

What that result does for us is maybe enable KM to look at tomorrow's game differently.

There is now 0 NEED to win tomorrow. It will be massive to do so and we go into it wanting to win. But the need has been replaced by want. Which imo is a much better place.

Its a much better place, but I doubt it will change our approach.

What it does is mean draw starts to feel like a better result than it would've done had Leeds won tonight. Not that we'll set up for one of course. We'll be going there to win it obviously.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:33 - Apr 26 with 2348 viewstextbackup

Our aim will still be 9 points, aim for the stars and all that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:33 - Apr 26 with 2344 viewsSomethingBlue

Not sure! It means a defeat tomorrow is nothing to cry about. But also means a result up there basically gives us one foot in the Prem. Utter madness, this. Still twists to come, I expect.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:35 - Apr 26 with 2287 viewsRyorry

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:23 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

It should but the closer you get, the further away it seems.

More than anything, I trust the staff, players and how they would've prepared to get this done.

You can bet McKenna hasn't had a day off (well, maybe 1) since we last played.

Ice cold in Hull ...

It usually is there anyway!

If I were one of our players, I'd be really fired up now, and hardly able to contain myself from getting on the pitch asap to show what I could do.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:36 - Apr 26 with 2277 viewsDarkBrandon

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:33 - Apr 26 by textbackup

No. Our aim is three points tomorrow. Look no further. Try and win tomorrow. As always.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:44 - Apr 26 with 2147 viewsVic

I think so. But to get a win tomorrow is going to be hard. Unless the pressure of needing to win gets to them.

I’ll take two draws from Hull and Cov.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 23:01 - Apr 26 with 2014 viewsHerbivore

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:33 - Apr 26 by textbackup

For sure. We can still win the title.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 23:17 - Apr 26 with 1878 viewstextbackup

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:36 - Apr 26 by DarkBrandon

No. Our aim is three points tomorrow. Look no further. Try and win tomorrow. As always.

Well yeah

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 00:36 - Apr 27 with 1651 viewsCotty

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:27 - Apr 26 by FrimleyBlue

You have demonstrated zero understanding of what has put us in this position.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:41 - Apr 27 with 1222 viewstractorboy1978

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 22:33 - Apr 26 by SomethingBlue

Not sure! It means a defeat tomorrow is nothing to cry about. But also means a result up there basically gives us one foot in the Prem. Utter madness, this. Still twists to come, I expect.

Leeds have very little capability to provide any of those twists though. It was in our hands before last night, but it's now in our hands with only the need for a modest return! We don't even need 2 points per game to go up. Mad.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but struggling not to!
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:45 - Apr 27 with 1184 viewsMK1

Think it does somewhat. Still a job to do and not a must win now. (although I expect us to)
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:45 - Apr 27 with 1182 viewsITFCBlues

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:41 - Apr 27 by tractorboy1978

Leeds have very little capability to provide any of those twists though. It was in our hands before last night, but it's now in our hands with only the need for a modest return! We don't even need 2 points per game to go up. Mad.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but struggling not to!

Two VERY tricky away games and our away form against top half sides isn't great.

Tonight really isn't an easy game. I think people are just expecting us to show up and blow them away now, it's just not going to happen.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:59 - Apr 27 with 1071 viewstractorboy1978

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:45 - Apr 27 by ITFCBlues

Two VERY tricky away games and our away form against top half sides isn't great.

Tonight really isn't an easy game. I think people are just expecting us to show up and blow them away now, it's just not going to happen.

I'm not expecting that at all. It isn't going to be easy. But we should be far fresher than them for a start which will count for something as the game goes on. Also think that Hull needing to be all out and a bit cavalier from the start will benefit us.

Hull haven't beaten any of the top 9 at home this season.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 08:04 - Apr 27 with 1031 viewsBuhrer

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 00:36 - Apr 27 by Cotty

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 08:06 - Apr 27 with 1010 viewsITFCBlues

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 07:59 - Apr 27 by tractorboy1978

I'm not expecting that at all. It isn't going to be easy. But we should be far fresher than them for a start which will count for something as the game goes on. Also think that Hull needing to be all out and a bit cavalier from the start will benefit us.

Hull haven't beaten any of the top 9 at home this season.

Hull may have nothing to play for in reality, not quite sure what that'd mean for their performance.

Maybe I'm overestimating how good they are, but they've got 3 or 4 very good attacking players. Hopefully you're right and a side willing to attack us leaves us with spaces to work in on the counter attack.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 08:10 - Apr 27 with 975 viewstractorboy1978

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 08:06 - Apr 27 by ITFCBlues

Hull may have nothing to play for in reality, not quite sure what that'd mean for their performance.

Maybe I'm overestimating how good they are, but they've got 3 or 4 very good attacking players. Hopefully you're right and a side willing to attack us leaves us with spaces to work in on the counter attack.

If Norwich and WBA win, they are still in it just with a fairly inferior goal difference. They'd have to try and make up 8/9 goals and would have nothing to lose throwing everything at us. Absolutely ideal as far as I am concerned.
Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 08:18 - Apr 27 with 900 viewsFrimleyBlue

Does that result tonight take the pressure off on 00:36 - Apr 27 by Cotty

How so. I'm just referring to the games coming up Not the ones we've had.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024