Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top 11:35 - Apr 26 with 2123 viewsAsa

It was the only one I saw. Plenty of the big six and that was about it really.

Today walking him to school and every other shirt was blue, orange, red and black. Absolutely awesome to see.

For all the short term awesomeness that Gamechanger have brought, it’s absolutely amazing to see what they have started to create long term. 29,000 every week, thousands of kids falling in love with this club like you and I did.

It could have been so different. It was so different. But really made me smile this morning at how incredibly the club has turned round in just a few years for the next generation.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 11:48 - Apr 26 with 2012 viewsLord_Lucan

My grandchildren both have all the kits obviously. The youngest of the two is a bit too young to understand but the elder one is 5 and he gets it.

Thing is, my scum in law is a Villa fan and from day one forced Villa onto grandson 1.

Thing is, he mistimed it as the nipper wasn't old enough to have a team. I played it cool and as soon as he was old enough to understand a bit I whisked them both down to Planet Blue and kitted them out - and let them buy anything else they wanted as well.

He is now always in the orange kit.

I won!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:01 - Apr 26 with 1950 viewsoldburian

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 11:48 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

My grandchildren both have all the kits obviously. The youngest of the two is a bit too young to understand but the elder one is 5 and he gets it.

Thing is, my scum in law is a Villa fan and from day one forced Villa onto grandson 1.

Thing is, he mistimed it as the nipper wasn't old enough to have a team. I played it cool and as soon as he was old enough to understand a bit I whisked them both down to Planet Blue and kitted them out - and let them buy anything else they wanted as well.

I won!

Well done! I had no problems both my sons are fanatics and all four grandchildren are kitted out and Junior blues.

It is how you bring them up, NO alternatives.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:05 - Apr 26 with 1909 viewsBobbychase

One of the reasons we need to expand the stadium. Since Ashton etc came in the club has re-engaged with the Suffolk community and got a whole new generation hooked.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:06 - Apr 26 with 1899 viewsgainsboroughblue

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 11:48 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

I won!

Excellent 'long game' playing Lucers.

I've noticed a huge increase in Town colours in the last couple of years. Shouldn't be a huge achievement in Ipswich itself but everybody felt so disenfranchised, it has taken a while to get some numbers back.

Still work to do. Need to get the blue flag flying again around Waveney and North Essex like it used to.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

As far as I can tell.... on 12:20 - Apr 26 with 1794 viewsBloots

....my dog is the only one in our town with an ITFC bandana.

So unfortunately the "Town Fever" hasn't yet reached the canine population.

Woof.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 1785 viewsBobbychase

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:06 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I've noticed a huge increase in Town colours in the last couple of years. Shouldn't be a huge achievement in Ipswich itself but everybody felt so disenfranchised, it has taken a while to get some numbers back.

Still work to do. Need to get the blue flag flying again around Waveney and North Essex like it used to.

And we need to drive the yellow peril back across the North Suffolk border

As far as I can tell.... on 12:22 - Apr 26 with 1771 viewsLord_Lucan

As far as I can tell.... on 12:20 - Apr 26 by Bloots

Woof.

My dog has no regalia but he is called Sir Bobby.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:24 - Apr 26 with 1779 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

My son went to school today in his school uniform. Walked him in this morning and all the other kids were wearing their uniform too

Did see a couple of Town bags, and one Man City one, but that was about it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:25 - Apr 26 with 1753 viewsgainsboroughblue

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:21 - Apr 26 by Bobbychase

I didn't truly realise how far they'd encroached until six or so years ago when I was at Stowmarket train station one Sunday afternoon. Dozens of the yellow shirted freaks on the platform waiting to go up to a fixture. Made me sick. Stowmarket FFS. Mid-Suffolk.

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:42 - Apr 26 with 1634 viewsBobbychase

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:25 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I didn't truly realise how far they'd encroached until six or so years ago when I was at Stowmarket train station one Sunday afternoon. Dozens of the yellow shirted freaks on the platform waiting to go up to a fixture. Made me sick. Stowmarket FFS. Mid-Suffolk.

They always walked among us in Mid, West Suffolk. It's their academy recruitment sessions in Chantry of all places I couldn't abide.

As far as I can tell.... on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 1572 viewsbazza

Woof.

That sounds like an elite Englishman’s dog to me..
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 1410 viewsIllinoisblue

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:21 - Apr 26 by Bobbychase

This reminds me of a proud moment in the banter era…. Remember when Norwich put up a billboard ad near Ipswich train station a few years back? And a mob of Town fans tore it down. Proud scenes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 13:53 - Apr 26 with 1256 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you sent him to school wearing a Magical Vegas top with ‘Douglas’ printed on the back, I’m reporting you for child abuse

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 13:59 - Apr 26 with 1223 viewsgainsboroughblue

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 13:25 - Apr 26 by Illinoisblue

This reminds me of a proud moment in the banter era…. Remember when Norwich put up a billboard ad near Ipswich train station a few years back? And a mob of Town fans tore it down. Proud scenes.

Yep. It was on Ranlaegh Road. Some guy had already 'made a start on it' and it was posted on youtube. Disgracefully inflammatory that it was even put there.

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 1091 viewsdavblue

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 12:06 - Apr 26 by gainsboroughblue

I can't recall seeing the amount of men and woman wearing the shirts like this before, i feel like it's totally unprecedented for us to have that amount of people wearing the shirts.
As far as I can tell.... on 14:56 - Apr 26 with 1026 viewsRyorry

Woof.

And mine’s the only one wearing an ITFC collar round here.

Is the bandana specifically for dogs?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yes, think I got it from The Terrace Store. (n/t) on 15:07 - Apr 26 with 996 viewsBloots

As far as I can tell.... on 14:56 - Apr 26 by Ryorry

And mine’s the only one wearing an ITFC collar round here.

Is the bandana specifically for dogs?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 15:58 - Apr 26 with 893 viewsStewart27

My son was born in the McCarthy era. Took him to his first game when he was 3. A dismal 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

Then had to battle through the days with my boy supporting a fading league one team. Spurs was the big name at his school and even my non football supporting missus wanted to buy him a spurs kit. She actually insinuated that him wearing an Ipswich kit was child cruelty! Anyway I won.

Roll on a few years and we’re season ticket holders in the McKenna era. He sings Ipswich songs in his sleep.

These truly are the days.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 16:43 - Apr 26 with 781 viewstextbackup

I won!

I’ve always been very much a ‘you must support your dads team’

But if my (2) daughters are to marry/have kids with anything other than a town fan that goes out of the window, and I’ll be forcing town on them.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have grandkids follow your team, probably a bit of heartbreak if I’m honest

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 16:55 - Apr 26 with 743 viewsMeadowlark

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 16:43 - Apr 26 by textbackup

But if my (2) daughters are to marry/have kids with anything other than a town fan that goes out of the window, and I’ll be forcing town on them.

I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have grandkids follow your team, probably a bit of heartbreak if I’m honest

My eldest grandson is 13, so he has grown up with some pretty dismal visits to Portman Road over the years. He has become a Spurs fan. I would have taken him more often but it was pretty dire (as we all know)and I felt I couldn't impose it on him.
However, I have managed to keep the flame burning. He has two full town kits and I've managed to get him to some fantastic matches in the last couple of seasons. He has started referring to Town as "we" when we talk about matches. I am confident that we have turned the corner.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 16:58 - Apr 26 with 721 viewshoppy

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 13:53 - Apr 26 by Swansea_Blue

If you sent him to school wearing a Magical Vegas top with ‘Douglas’ printed on the back, I’m reporting you for child abuse

That's one way to get rid of it though... and the shirt.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 17:04 - Apr 26 with 695 viewsLord_Lucan

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 16:43 - Apr 26 by textbackup

When RKD was in primary school his best mate supported Man U.

After a days shopping with his mum he came back with a Man U hat - I whipped it off his head and chucked it in the bin.

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 17:17 - Apr 26 with 648 views_clive_baker_

I'm lucky I don't have any grandparental conflict in terms of football team. All my side are Town through and through, my dad loves it. My wife is from southern Ireland and her parents aren't at all in to football and don't follow a team, so that's easy. What I have instead is inter sport rivalry, rather than club. They've tried to push rugby on my son in quite a big way since he was born, would buy him little Ireland rugby balls and all sorts, they even got him an Ireland rugby baby grow when he was born and have taken him to a game. Now I like both sports to be honest, but I prefer football. What annoys me is they're those typical rugby fans who have to slag off football whenever they talk about rugby. I don't think I've ever heard a football supporter explain why football is so great 'because in Rugby they do X'.

Its delightful at the moment though as my son is getting into supporting Town. All his little mates at school are starting to get interested too and loads support Town in BSE. What's even better is I kitted him out in loads of England rugby stuff for the 6 nations this year and sent a video in the family whatsapp of us both celebrating at full time when we beat Ireland.

Scenes.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 18:40 - Apr 26 with 479 viewsyesjohn99

A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 17:04 - Apr 26 by Lord_Lucan

When RKD was in primary school his best mate supported Man U.

After a days shopping with his mum he came back with a Man U hat - I whipped it off his head and chucked it in the bin.

My son, who is 8, gets a lot of his older cousins hand me downs. I’ve made it quite clear any foreign club team on earth is fair game for a gift at Christmas or birthday, however any English side other than ITFC is forbidden.

A month or so back, a job lot come round from the sister in law. My son pulls out a pair of Liverpool shorts…..he was straight out to the wheelie bin.

My job is done with him.
A few years ago my son went to school in his Town top on 18:59 - Apr 26 with 423 viewsDinDjarin

My kids had no choice as I didnt when I was a kid.

Now 15 and 17 and had season tickets since 4 yrs old so sat through some shiiite but enjoying the good times now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024