Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P. Frank Field 12:04 - Apr 24 with 851 viewsRyorry

A good man.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:11 - Apr 24 with 758 viewscbower

Called out a problem decades in advance and was listened to but eventally, largely ignored. Guess what, the problem is is even bigger now! A decent fella as you say.

bluescouser

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:28 - Apr 24 with 728 viewsmutters

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:11 - Apr 24 by cbower

Called out a problem decades in advance and was listened to but eventally, largely ignored. Guess what, the problem is is even bigger now! A decent fella as you say.

Apols for my ignorance here, what did he call out?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:52 - Apr 24 with 700 viewsjontysnut

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:28 - Apr 24 by mutters

Apols for my ignorance here, what did he call out?

He was an early campaigner on child poverty, low pay and welfare reform but as Kevin Maguire of the Mirror put it was probably more favoured by the right than the left, falling out with the Labour Party on several issues in later years, including Brexit and antisemitism.
R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:57 - Apr 24 with 677 viewsGlasgowBlue

Indeed. Not stuck in party dogmas and always willing to talk to all sides and think outside of the box. R.I.P.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

R.I.P. Frank Field on 15:51 - Apr 24 with 618 viewsRadlett_blue

A great shame. Field was a political Cassandra - he told the truth, particularly about welfare, but his prophecies weren't believed because dealing with the truth was unpalatable. Blair bottled it, as have subsequent administrations, so we still have the ticking time bomb of unsustainable welfare.
RIP.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

R.I.P. Frank Field on 16:31 - Apr 24 with 541 viewsmutters

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:52 - Apr 24 by jontysnut

He was an early campaigner on child poverty, low pay and welfare reform but as Kevin Maguire of the Mirror put it was probably more favoured by the right than the left, falling out with the Labour Party on several issues in later years, including Brexit and antisemitism.

Thanks for this.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

R.I.P. Frank Field on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 438 viewscbower

R.I.P. Frank Field on 14:11 - Apr 24 by cbower

Welfare, social care, pensions.

bluescouser

R.I.P. Frank Field on 20:22 - Apr 25 with 219 viewsbluebudgie

He also supported and helped the victims of contaminated blood over the years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024