Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... 10:54 - Apr 23 with 887 viewsN2_Blue

I expected Leeds to win last night against a team with nothing to play for (realistically) and because of how open Boro looked against us. We really could and should have scored a fair few against them and I expected Leeds attacking line up to be too strong.

Now whilst I of course hoped Boro could get something i'm not deflated at all, in fact i'm quite optimistic. Leeds struggled to get over the line in that game. To concede 3 and be hanging on shows they are fallible, they are not clicking as they did a few months ago.

QPR may be a weaker side than boro, but they still need something and will see a point as huge. I can fully see them battling for a draw. I'm more hopeful that QPR can get that than i was with Boro.

Then saints the last day, saints will probably be playing for nothing, but they have some cracking attacking players and again i expect them to cause Leeds problems. Can see a high scoring game go either way.

I think we will get a draw v Hull but have faith in the boys to win the last two. Which just means we need Leeds to fail to win one of their last two. I'm optimistic of that happening.
[Post edited 23 Apr 10:55]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:04 - Apr 23 with 807 viewsNthQldITFC

I thought Leeds were good going forwards, but very easy for Boro to make ground against too, certainly as far as the edge of their box and particularly down the flanks. They have a wealth of individual talent the likes of which even Leicester and Saints would envy I suspect, but they are very light as a 'team', bicker a bit and don't dig in, and you can see why they might struggle against robust defences and on the break when they are under pressure for points. I agree that QPR might test them more.

I think a well rested Town we will win our last three.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:10 - Apr 23 with 766 views_clive_baker_

To be fair to Boro they didn't look like a team lacking in effort or desire, they just looked very susceptible defensively and probably weren't helped by them missing Ayling. Their first 2 goals came from that side and the defending at times was comical. As you say Leeds are dangerous going forward, so they should be with the players they've got to be fair, we know that all too well having shipped 7 goals to them.

QPR away won't be easy to turn around for after that. Tight pitch, hostile Friday night atmosphere against a much improved side who will want to finish strongly and confirm their safety. Their last Friday night away from home was a draw at Watford and I would snap your arm off for that. I don't see it as any easier a game as last night, the hope for me was always that they drop something across the 2, that was the realistic hope and would make our task look quite different if it's 2 wins needed rather than 3 to guarantee top 2.
I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:24 - Apr 23 with 675 viewsGarv

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:10 - Apr 23 by _clive_baker_

To be fair to Boro they didn't look like a team lacking in effort or desire, they just looked very susceptible defensively and probably weren't helped by them missing Ayling. Their first 2 goals came from that side and the defending at times was comical. As you say Leeds are dangerous going forward, so they should be with the players they've got to be fair, we know that all too well having shipped 7 goals to them.

QPR away won't be easy to turn around for after that. Tight pitch, hostile Friday night atmosphere against a much improved side who will want to finish strongly and confirm their safety. Their last Friday night away from home was a draw at Watford and I would snap your arm off for that. I don't see it as any easier a game as last night, the hope for me was always that they drop something across the 2, that was the realistic hope and would make our task look quite different if it's 2 wins needed rather than 3 to guarantee top 2.

I'm not overly confident about Hull or Coventry (watching them against United didn't help) but I would hate the idea of going to Loftus Road in our run in.

Also agree Leeds weren't convincing and they got away with an offside and a referee that got them out of jail in stoppage time by not playing enough time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:25 - Apr 23 with 670 viewsSteve_M

When we played Leeds back in August, I thought they were really good going forwards but dodgy at the back. For much of the season they tightened that up and were pretty formidable for long periods.

Last night they were back to the early season chaos at the back and a more competent defensive side would probably have got a draw against them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:35 - Apr 23 with 601 viewsN2_Blue

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:25 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

When we played Leeds back in August, I thought they were really good going forwards but dodgy at the back. For much of the season they tightened that up and were pretty formidable for long periods.

Last night they were back to the early season chaos at the back and a more competent defensive side would probably have got a draw against them.

indeed....thats what gives me hope over those last two games, they look fallibale at the back.

Anyway...we can still win our last 3, going to be tough but we've had the prep for it so why not? think it's advantage we'll know exactly what we need to do!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:38 - Apr 23 with 577 views_clive_baker_

I thought Leeds would win last night but i'm encouraged.... on 11:24 - Apr 23 by Garv

I'm not overly confident about Hull or Coventry (watching them against United didn't help) but I would hate the idea of going to Loftus Road in our run in.

Also agree Leeds weren't convincing and they got away with an offside and a referee that got them out of jail in stoppage time by not playing enough time.

They're certainly 2 tough games. I think Hull is the bigger of the 2 in that if we win that then I can see us winning at Coventry. We'll be Cov's 4th game in 9 days, including 120 minutes and penalties and all the emotion of that game at Wembley. It's an absolutely brutal schedule for them to be fair, and I think its one of those where IF we beat Hull I would back us to follow it up at Cov. Beating Hull is no easy ask though, they've got some quality players and could well be needing a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Regardless of what Leeds do on Friday its a massive game for us, the biggest of our season, no doubt. Hopefully a QPR result comes before it to build us in a bit of margin for error.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024