Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A blessing in disguise? 09:53 - Apr 23 with 3188 viewsWallingford_Boy

Is this team really ready for the Prem?

Yes we’d clearly invest, but we don’t want to do a forest and buy 20+ players.

Who is really a Prem player?

Davis? Great going forwards, but suspect defensively, especially against Prem wingers.

Morsy? Outstanding at this level, but could he step up, at his age.

Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead all been hot and cold this season, can’t see them making it at the top level.

Hirst? Maybe..

Don’t see many others from our current squad (assuming Hutchison leaves).

And before you moan about negativity, I’m simply being realistic. With this season under our belts, more investment in the summer, McKenna a year wiser, the championship certainly being generally weaker…. Who knows?!

RIP Sir Bobby

A blessing in disguise? on 16:27 - Apr 23 with 221 viewsKropotkin123

[Is staying down] a blessing in disguise?

No it isn't.

We can more easily secure the club going forward. The money would allow us to pay for and attract targets that were financially out of reach.

We can bring forward off-pitch investments, which are setting the club and town up for future success

We stand a better chance off keeping our better players and manager

We can only ever have the potential to stay up upon promotion.
[Post edited 23 Apr 16:42]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

A blessing in disguise? on 16:52 - Apr 23 with 184 viewsExiled2Surrey

A blessing in disguise? on 15:17 - Apr 23 by tractorboy1978

Well Davis has provided 17 (seventeen) assists this season. Most of these in really tight games we have won by a solitary goal. So I wouldn't take it for granted. Also don't take for granted the quality of a couple of the loanees we have that will go back at the end of the season. McKenna is also getting a lot more than the sum of its parts out of this team right now.

It's hard for me to envisage us being on 89 points after 43 games again this time next season to be honest.

Don’t disagree with a lot of this. The quality of loanee is a very good point, and I think that was Middlesbrough’s issue (might be wrong about that).

But my point is that to just say that Coventry are a prime example of how clubs that miss out on the promotion are bound to be loads worse the next season is a little unfair on how well they have done especially given their wage bill
A blessing in disguise? on 17:19 - Apr 23 with 169 viewsRyorry

A blessing in disguise? on 14:44 - Apr 23 by NthQldITFC

Ah, but we went down to Hartlepool and we got Tommy Miller.

I wonder how Kachloul's hernia is?

Ah, fond memories of Tommy - our best ever penalty taker? 🤔

I hadn't heard about K's hernia - if he's tied up in knots with it, that sounds like poetic justice :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A blessing in disguise? on 17:29 - Apr 23 with 159 viewsRyorry

A blessing in disguise? on 15:45 - Apr 23 by southnorfolkblue

I was being slightly tongue in cheek tbf and you’re absolutely right to say that our ownership model is better geared up to cope with promotion

I think I should also have said "even *more* professional than Burley", because one outstanding thing I remember about him is that he staked out the training ground practise pitch to the exact dimensions of the notoriously wide Wemburley one, so that our players could practise & be as familiar as possible with the conditions on the day.

That was some serious attention to detail, which might just have given us the edge on the day - who knows ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A blessing in disguise? on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 146 viewsN2_Blue

Football isn't for you. I've said this a few times but this dumb post really reinforces it. I sincerely hope no member of our playing squad reads it.

How can any side be Premiershsip ready (that is a recently relegated parachute club). Just think about it?

But perhaps actually find something else to do on a Saturday.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

A blessing in disguise? on 18:05 - Apr 23 with 144 viewsNthQldITFC

A blessing in disguise? on 17:19 - Apr 23 by Ryorry

Ah, fond memories of Tommy - our best ever penalty taker? 🤔

I hadn't heard about K's hernia - if he's tied up in knots with it, that sounds like poetic justice :)

It was a chant at the time which really tickled me, and has stuck with me since. I believe it went after the following fashion: (nod K Williams, Rambling Syd Rumpo)

"Thanks Kachloul, for going to the Villa,
cos we went down to Hartlepool, and we got Tommy Miller,
now you're a greedy 'chap', undeserving of our praises,
we hope you get a Hernia... a'pickin' up yer wages."

To hear phrase 'undeserving of our praises' in a terrace chant always tickled me pink.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A blessing in disguise? on 18:06 - Apr 23 with 141 viewsMK1

Not another one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024