Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour 07:06 - Apr 23 with 1519 viewsjasondozzell

No matter what Leeds do. If you had said we'll play an exhausted Coventry and a (hopefully) relegated Hudds in a two game shootout with a points advantage over Leeds for second attempt the start of your season we simply wouldn't have believed it.

Players have been magnificent and they won't shy away now.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:16 - Apr 23 with 1458 viewstractorboy1978

If Leeds are 4 points ahead of us, we would still be a point behind (with a worse goal difference) even if we beat Hull. We'd have to beat Coventry to go into the final day with it in our hands.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:29 - Apr 23 with 1407 viewsNeedhamChris

We might need to win at Hull and Coventry before your post is accurate.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:37 - Apr 23 with 1379 viewsRonFearonsHair

This time last week we needed to win our last 3 games to secure promotion.
Today we still do.
Other results are having literally zero impact.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:42 - Apr 23 with 1337 viewsjasondozzell

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:16 - Apr 23 by tractorboy1978

If Leeds are 4 points ahead of us, we would still be a point behind (with a worse goal difference) even if we beat Hull. We'd have to beat Coventry to go into the final day with it in our hands.

We can beat Cov. Think of the energy going into that game if we've beaten Hull!
[Post edited 23 Apr 7:43]
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:47 - Apr 23 with 1303 viewsEuropablue

Knowing exactly what you need focuses the mind. Knowing that other teams have dropped points has a phycological effect. Or course it makes you want the win even more, but wanting it too much can kill the flow of your play.
I wouldn't bet on the exhausted team that lost to Norwich and couldn't find a way to beat Watford or Middlesborough, but I will definitely back us to win our 3 if we need to. Hull away seem like a better prospect than Middlesborough away and Coventry will probably we totally exhausted.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:49 - Apr 23 with 1285 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

That’s the spirit! I can’t believe some of the negativity after the season we’ve had. And it’s not over yet, it won’t even be over if we finish third.

At least we know the players will turn up and give 110pc for every game - nobody in that squad is being carried, and nobody is here for a last fat payday before retirement. It’s gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions, but imagine how much expectation is on the ‘Champions of England’ and self proclaimed biggest club in the world. There will be points dropped yet.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:55 - Apr 23 with 1251 viewsHighgateBlue

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:37 - Apr 23 by RonFearonsHair

Today we still do.

We need to win X games to be certain of promotion.

X would be a different number if Leeds had drawn or lost last night.

So no, other results are having an impact.

If Leeds had drawn or lost, we would need 2 wins out of 3 to be certain of going up.

If Leeds draw or lose their next game, the same is true, we will need 2 wins out of 3 to be certain of going up. If they win, that cannot be said with certainty.

At the start of the season, we know that 46 wins will see us win the league. But of course that number does rather change as other results happen. I'm all for not getting overly worried about other sides, and having the confidence that if we're good enough to win our games, we'll go up. But to pretend that the results of others has zero impact on the number of games we need to win is arithmetic and logical nonsense.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:57 - Apr 23 with 1243 viewsWacko

Plus we’re always better chasing than being chased

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 08:12 - Apr 23 with 1182 viewsRonFearonsHair

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:55 - Apr 23 by HighgateBlue

We need to win X games to be certain of promotion.

X would be a different number if Leeds had drawn or lost last night.

So no, other results are having an impact.

If Leeds had drawn or lost, we would need 2 wins out of 3 to be certain of going up.

If Leeds draw or lose their next game, the same is true, we will need 2 wins out of 3 to be certain of going up. If they win, that cannot be said with certainty.

At the start of the season, we know that 46 wins will see us win the league. But of course that number does rather change as other results happen. I'm all for not getting overly worried about other sides, and having the confidence that if we're good enough to win our games, we'll go up. But to pretend that the results of others has zero impact on the number of games we need to win is arithmetic and logical nonsense.

To suggest that winning 46 games in a row is the same as winning 3 in a row is arithmetical and logical nonsense.
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 15:50 - Apr 23 with 850 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:37 - Apr 23 by RonFearonsHair

Today we still do.

That’s not right though is it?

If other games go our way we then need to win less than 3 games to go up.

Poll: Our final position

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 15:56 - Apr 23 with 821 viewsN2_Blue

Spot on...but Hull is a natsy game to have. I feel if QPR can gte something from Leeds it will help. I see 7 points, would be galling to miss out on GD.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 16:06 - Apr 23 with 761 viewsFrimleyBlue

Honestly I think if we beat Hull. We will go onto win the next two games. It will give us a massive confidence boost.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 16:50 - Apr 23 with 615 viewsKropotkin123

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 08:12 - Apr 23 by RonFearonsHair

To suggest that winning 46 games in a row is the same as winning 3 in a row is arithmetical and logical nonsense.

They demonstrated that 46 and 3 games are different, as are 3 and 2.
[Post edited 23 Apr 17:16]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 17:21 - Apr 23 with 539 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 07:16 - Apr 23 by tractorboy1978

Hopefully Southampton are in with a chance of 2nd
Win at Hull and suddenly things will swing back in our favour on 17:40 - Apr 23 with 476 viewsVegtablue

I wouldn't fancy us if we are behind on final day. Cynical perhaps but I wager Southampton would prefer us in the playoffs to Leeds, despite head-to-heads pointing in the opposite direction. Hopefully Martin is driven by the desire to be more successful than a parachute rival.

If Leeds beat QPR I'd make them significant favourites. They're rightly slight favourites now, with our prospects of beating Hull around the 45% mark. Draw to QPR though and we edge back in front IMO. Lose to QPR and we become significant favourites.

I don't think it's a matter of shying away btw. We were well off it in the crunch derby game. All the stars then aligned for consecutive home games and we couldn't seize either moment. I don't honestly believe we collapsed under the weight of expectation, but rather the margins between us and the better sides below us are very small indeed, when they put in good performances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024