Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There was a bloody frost this morning. 11:03 - Apr 22 with 807 viewsSitfcB

Had to wait for the car to defrost.

Thought we’d gone passed all that!

Lovely day in Suffolk now though, blue skies and sun around IP16.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 11:05 - Apr 22 with 791 viewsbaxterbasics

yes it's been a weird April so far. A few sunny (if slightly cloudy) days but still a cold breeze. 5 degrees this morning when I set off despite being bright.

I do love a crisp cold but sunny day though - just don't expect it when it's nearly May.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 11:20 - Apr 22 with 729 viewsHelp

Bloody weather can't predict it can you. It's as if it does what it wants
There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:03 - Apr 22 with 646 viewsMeadowlark

April is the cruelest month.......
There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:10 - Apr 22 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

I bet this slightly cooler spell is causing a bit of havoc with gardens/crops. It's always a bit of a git when you get late frosts. we had one over here last week, which is very rare for this time of year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:18 - Apr 22 with 602 viewsRyorry

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:03 - Apr 22 by Meadowlark

April is the cruelest month.......

I see your Waste Land, and raise you with Frost in May -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1280771.Frost_in_May#CommunityReviews

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 554 viewsClareBlue

We have loads of frost sensitive plants we grow. We have pushed our season out fron May to October. September and October have been best growing months for last 5 years. We are forecast minus 1 this week night time and we have salt air and warm onshore breezes. Last year we got a frost in early May that did the potatos and put them back 6 weeks. On the plus side we pulled carrots from the ground for Christmas lunch.
There was a bloody frost this morning. on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 528 viewsRyorry

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 14:10 - Apr 22 by ClareBlue

We have loads of frost sensitive plants we grow. We have pushed our season out fron May to October. September and October have been best growing months for last 5 years. We are forecast minus 1 this week night time and we have salt air and warm onshore breezes. Last year we got a frost in early May that did the potatos and put them back 6 weeks. On the plus side we pulled carrots from the ground for Christmas lunch.

My late Mum, whose gardening expertise bordered (sorry) on professional level, had a no.1 tip for all gardeners -

Seeds, seedlings & plug plants sown/planted out once the soil has warmed up & all danger of frost is past, will quickly overtake & be stronger than anything else that was planted too early, ie when the soil was cold & there was still the occasional nippy frost around - however great the time gap. It really is better to be patient and wait.

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 14:55 - Apr 22 with 504 viewskeighleyblue

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:10 - Apr 22 by Swansea_Blue

I bet this slightly cooler spell is causing a bit of havoc with gardens/crops. It's always a bit of a git when you get late frosts. we had one over here last week, which is very rare for this time of year.

Yes I am particularly concerned as I am trying to grow hops in my garden for the first time this year (credit crunch, needs must etc)
Login to get fewer ads

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 16:51 - Apr 22 with 420 viewsSwansea_Blue

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 14:55 - Apr 22 by keighleyblue

Yes I am particularly concerned as I am trying to grow hops in my garden for the first time this year (credit crunch, needs must etc)

Adventurous stuff. Maybe? Or maybe it's really easy, I've no idea but I do like the end product :)

I had a vine at my old place, but never did get around to doing anything with the fruit even though we got buck loads each year. It's still at the in-laws, but even here we need a greenhouse to get anything decent from it. That'll be a retirement project for me - get a greenhouse in and start making some home brew wine. And get out to the hedgerows too for elder flower/berry and stuff like that. My granddad used to make some lovely wine out of almost anything he grew (e.g. rose hip) or foraged.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 368 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 362 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 13:18 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

I see your Waste Land, and raise you with Frost in May -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1280771.Frost_in_May#CommunityReviews

Unbelievable, Geoff:

Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote,
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 18:10 - Apr 22 with 344 viewsHelp

Mine was a white frost. Had there been a murder
There was a bloody frost this morning. on 21:23 - Apr 22 with 266 viewsRyorry

There was a bloody frost this morning. on 18:00 - Apr 22 by You_Bloo_Right

Unbelievable, Geoff:

Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote,
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,

Ooooh, nice Chauce of wordes 👍

In light of tomorrow's date, let's go there with The Bard -

"Well-apparel'd April on the heel
Of limping Winter treads."