Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And that is why 18:14 - Apr 21 with 2925 viewsTresBonne

VAR is the worst invention to the game in a long time. It completely ruins it for the normal, match-going supporter. To have a moment like that as a Cov fan and it gets snatched away from you. Unbelieavable

I thought it was clear and obvious errors only?! Well if Haji Wright is offside by a toenail, that shouldn't be a clear and obvious error, that's an easy thing to miss. No one spotted it in real time did they.

Please Coventry, win this for the universe's karma to be restored.
And that is why on 18:21 - Apr 21 with 2194 viewsGarv

To every fan, manager, player and whoever else has ever gone over the top complaining about refereeing decisions, this is your fault.

I always go back to Warnock who specifically called for VAR after a dodgy offside went against his Cardiff side. There was never any thought about how it would affect the sport.

It was always a terrible idea and it's been a terrible thing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

And that is why on 18:25 - Apr 21 with 2142 viewsCrawfordsboot

It was offside -simple.
Toenail - so what. Would you accept toe, or ankle, or leg, or I metre.
Offside is offside. VAR is excellent on factual stuff.
And that is why on 18:27 - Apr 21 with 2108 viewsredrickstuhaart

And that is why on 18:25 - Apr 21 by Crawfordsboot

It was offside -simple.

It was level.

And it is not accurate enough to call anyway, because you cant pinpoint contact with the ball.
And that is why on 18:27 - Apr 21 with 2108 viewsTresBonne

It was offside -simple.

Genuinely interested.

Do you go to games?

I doubt you would have the same viewpoint if that happened to Town. What advantage has Haji Wright gained by his foot being slightly past Wan-Bissaka's?
And that is why on 18:29 - Apr 21 with 2053 viewsFrimleyBlue

Before the introduction into VAR that goal wouldn't have been talked about for being offside. It would have just been the good old fashioned advantage to the striker.

Still think it's absolutely daft to chalk a goal off for being half an inch offside.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

And that is why on 18:30 - Apr 21 with 2034 viewsTresBonne

And that is why on 18:29 - Apr 21 by FrimleyBlue

Before the introduction into VAR that goal wouldn't have been talked about for being offside. It would have just been the good old fashioned advantage to the striker.

Still think it's absolutely daft to chalk a goal off for being half an inch offside.

Absolutely no way he even gains an advantage out of this at all. Like the tweet says, this is not what football is about.
And that is why on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 1970 views_clive_baker_

And that is why on 18:30 - Apr 21 by TresBonne

Absolutely no way he even gains an advantage out of this at all. Like the tweet says, this is not what football is about.

Absolute farce.

Feck VAR
And that is why on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 1960 viewslowhouseblue

It was offside -simple.

it was level by any judgement a perfectly positioned all-seeing linesman could reach. why are we looking for anything other than that?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

And that is why on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 1959 viewscooperd5

And that is why on 18:29 - Apr 21 by FrimleyBlue

They draw the line but cannot be certain at point of ball release, it's at risk of a load of human error and judgement .
He was in line for me in real time and I don't see VAR can decide otherwise with absolute certainty
And that is why on 18:34 - Apr 21 with 1918 viewspointofblue

And that is why on 18:27 - Apr 21 by redrickstuhaart

It was level.

And it is not accurate enough to call anyway, because you cant pinpoint contact with the ball.

It was not level. You keep saying this everywhere but it wasn't. He was a toenail offside. Barely anything, yes, but something.

If VAR did not exist and it had been given, would United be moaning about it not being given? No chance. But if they go down the route of making it subjective it gets messy. At the moment offside is objective.

Perhaps it would be better if VAR was scrapped.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

And that is why on 18:35 - Apr 21 with 1888 viewsDarkBrandon

Imagine pre-VAR that goal had been disallowed by the Lino for offside.

There would have been uproar, and everyone would agree the Lino got it wrong. Coventry supporters would be talking about it for the rest of their lives. We were robbed in the fa cup semifinal.

Now though, VAR rules it out. Still as nonsensical a decision, it completely ruins football as a spectacle, but at least pedants can say “well, if you look at the line you can see it is an inch offside”

They’ve still ended up with a terrible decision … and ruined the game. Wonderful
And that is why on 18:36 - Apr 21 with 1862 viewsCrawfordsboot

And that is why on 18:27 - Apr 21 by TresBonne

Genuinely interested.

Do you go to games?

I doubt you would have the same viewpoint if that happened to Town. What advantage has Haji Wright gained by his foot being slightly past Wan-Bissaka's?

Yes I do go to games.
Yes I would be frustrated if one like that went against town.
The offside law is about fact not a question about not gaining an advantage.

I,m perfectly happy to see a disappointed, exhausted and flat Coventry side.
We still have to play them in just over a week
And that is why on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1839 viewsStokieBlue

It was offside -simple.

That's a lot of faith in the algorithm.

Given the camera wasn't exactly in line I doubt the algorithm can be as precise as you are crediting.

It was a joke decision.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

And that is why on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1832 viewsgtsb1966

Let's go back to clear daylight. VAR is killing football.
And that is why on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 1787 viewsredrickstuhaart

And that is why on 18:34 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

It was not level. You keep saying this everywhere but it wasn't. He was a toenail offside. Barely anything, yes, but something.

If VAR did not exist and it had been given, would United be moaning about it not being given? No chance. But if they go down the route of making it subjective it gets messy. At the moment offside is objective.

Perhaps it would be better if VAR was scrapped.

Id love to see the shot that shows this.
And that is why on 18:40 - Apr 21 with 1782 viewsDistantBlue

And that is why on 18:32 - Apr 21 by _clive_baker_

Absolute farce.

Feck VAR

Forgive if I’m missing something here, but why do he count the attackers toenail, but don’t seem to count the defender’s hand?
And that is why on 18:41 - Apr 21 with 1757 viewsSoCalTownFan

And that is why on 18:36 - Apr 21 by Crawfordsboot

Yes I do go to games.

Don't care. I do care that they had to play extra time and had their souls shattered.

Now they have got to play on Wednesday, then on Saturday and hopefully will lose both games, because of the aforementioned extra time and disappointment, by which time they will be no longer play off contenders and the manager fields a weakened slide and backs off the gas a little to avoid injuries.

Excellent......
And that is why on 18:42 - Apr 21 with 1729 viewsCrawfordsboot

And that is why on 18:40 - Apr 21 by DistantBlue

Forgive if I’m missing something here, but why do he count the attackers toenail, but don’t seem to count the defender’s hand?

You can legally play the ball with your toenail but not your hand
And that is why on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 1679 viewsredrickstuhaart

Its only parts of the player that can play the ball.
And that is why on 18:44 - Apr 21 with 1663 viewsTresBonne

And that is why on 18:36 - Apr 21 by Crawfordsboot

Yes I do go to games.

Very true on the last sentence, don't mind it from that perspective at all!

And I get what you mean about the offside law - but in my eyes it needs to be tweaked to avoid moments like these where you have the VAR system scrapping around looking for their tiny offside margins.

The law itself was brought in many moons ago to avoid people goal hanging, and it has not yet evolved with the rest of the sport.
And that is why on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 1617 viewsGarv

It's a stupid rule. You're not playing the ball with the hand at that moment, you're using your body and limbs to propel yourself forward.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

And that is why on 18:47 - Apr 21 with 1606 viewslowhouseblue

And that is why on 18:44 - Apr 21 by TresBonne

Very true on the last sentence, don't mind it from that perspective at all!

And I get what you mean about the offside law - but in my eyes it needs to be tweaked to avoid moments like these where you have the VAR system scrapping around looking for their tiny offside margins.

The law itself was brought in many moons ago to avoid people goal hanging, and it has not yet evolved with the rest of the sport.

var should involve the online official rewatching the incident at normal speed from the right angle. if on that basis they're still not sure it's offside then it's level by any reasonable human standard. drop the algorithm.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

And that is why on 18:47 - Apr 21 with 1608 viewsDistantBlue

And that is why on 18:42 - Apr 21 by Crawfordsboot

You can legally play the ball with your toenail but not your hand

But isn’t the offside rule about your position on the field and not about whether you are playing the ball or not? (He said, not having read the rule book lately…….or ever actually!)
And that is why on 18:48 - Apr 21 with 1585 viewsPoultman

You could argue the Manure defender has the advantage as he is facing and running in the right direction whereas Wright is pretty much stationary on the half turn
And that is why on 18:53 - Apr 21 with 1467 viewsgtsb1966

When we do go up don't celebrate a goal straight away. We might have committed a foul 50 yards up the pitch a minute earlier. Can't celebrate a goal until VAR has checked it. Absolutely killing the game from a fans perspective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024