Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re Cov today I presume? 14:00 - Apr 21 with 2235 views_clive_baker_

Not just from a selfish ‘one eye on the final’ perspective potentially, forget that, I’d love to see them dump United out of the cup.

Come on Cov.
We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 1852 viewsSitfcB

Yep, hopefully a win on penalties.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:07 - Apr 21 with 1832 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea, on penalties.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:19 - Apr 21 with 1775 viewsIllinoisblue

1000%.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:26 - Apr 21 with 1736 viewsblueislander

ABU Anyone but Manure
We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:53 - Apr 21 with 1659 viewsSomethingBlue

In football terms yes, although if they get to the final it means the play-off final gets moved back a week and *if* we have to settle for that I have a very awkward conversation in store domestically about missing a wedding (not mine at least) in Berlin. So, errr, come on Man U.

(Edit - *could* mean it gets moved back obvs)
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:58]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 1642 viewsSitfcB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:53 - Apr 21 by SomethingBlue

In football terms yes, although if they get to the final it means the play-off final gets moved back a week and *if* we have to settle for that I have a very awkward conversation in store domestically about missing a wedding (not mine at least) in Berlin. So, errr, come on Man U.

(Edit - *could* mean it gets moved back obvs)
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:58]

Wonder when they’ll make the decision on that because don’t think they’re going to make the play-offs to be honest. They’ve got to give it a week at least.

COYB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:56 - Apr 21 with 1637 viewsElderGrizzly

I’d love to see them beat Man Utd because it’s Utd, but them losing should put them on a downer for the rest of the season, as playoffs have gone and would make our lives easier.

Club on a high with players playing for a place in the FA Cup final would be our worst nightmare I think
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:57]
We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 1631 viewsSomethingBlue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:56 - Apr 21 by SitfcB

Wonder when they’ll make the decision on that because don’t think they’re going to make the play-offs to be honest. They’ve got to give it a week at least.

Yes true, and I forgot to add the caveat that they need to actually make the POs. Still don’t want to take that risk tho!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:02 - Apr 21 with 1574 viewsNeedhamChris

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:56 - Apr 21 by ElderGrizzly

I’d love to see them beat Man Utd because it’s Utd, but them losing should put them on a downer for the rest of the season, as playoffs have gone and would make our lives easier.

Club on a high with players playing for a place in the FA Cup final would be our worst nightmare I think
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:57]

I see your point, but there's also the chance that they'd be doing their best to avoid an injury that would put them out of a once-in-a-lifetime match for them.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:03 - Apr 21 with 1565 viewsSitfcB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:02 - Apr 21 by NeedhamChris

I see your point, but there's also the chance that they'd be doing their best to avoid an injury that would put them out of a once-in-a-lifetime match for them.

Yes this, and the fact they could be out of the play-off race by the time we play them.

COYB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:09 - Apr 21 with 1528 viewsipswichtillidie

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:03 - Apr 21 by SitfcB

Yes this, and the fact they could be out of the play-off race by the time we play them.

They will very much be out of the play off picture when we play them I’d have thought. Plus we play are their 4th game in 10 days regardless of other results they have. I’ve marked this one down as 3pts for us.

Gav

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:25 - Apr 21 with 1451 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 14:04 - Apr 21 by SitfcB

Yep, hopefully a win on penalties.

Happily see them stroll to a 3-0 normal time win. Plenty of chance for them to wear themselves out in their 6-pointer against Hull 3 days before we play Hull. That would be a good game to be the energy-sapping one. Coventry then still have a trip to Blackburn before they play us.

Ultimately we just need to get the points ourselves. Man Utd getting a good beating by a Championship side and seeing Keane calling out their players, manager, owners, fans, ball boys, kiosk staff and anyone else he can rant about would be good fun.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:33 - Apr 21 with 1421 viewsHeathlander

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:02 - Apr 21 by NeedhamChris

Ipswich lost 6-1 the week before the cup final in 1978. More do do with Colin Viljoen playing then worrying about being injured.
We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:40 - Apr 21 with 1375 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:33 - Apr 21 by Heathlander

Ipswich lost 6-1 the week before the cup final in 1978. More do do with Colin Viljoen playing then worrying about being injured.

Wasn't there an element of protest from the players about the fact Osborne (I think it was) had been dropped and they didn't think it was fair that he was then unlikely to play in the final? I thought I heard one of the players (Butcher possibly) describe something like that.

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:44 - Apr 21 with 1364 viewsHighgateBlue

Absolutely! Strong 1987 vibes - a great final!
We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:46 - Apr 21 with 1355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 15:44 - Apr 21 by HighgateBlue

Absolutely! Strong 1987 vibes - a great final!

I like the fact both Chelsea and Man City played in their first choice kits. I wonder if they would if Coventry get through - I guess not for some reason!

We’re Cov today I presume? on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 1215 viewsSitfcB

Demoralising defeat it is en.

Few more Utd goals now.

COYB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 1121 viewsFacefacts

Unfortunately Utd turned up today. Can't believe we would've been as bad as Cov today (assuming beaten Maids Wolves and Cov this would've been our semi final). Glimmer of hope extinguished when third goal went in. Not impressed with Coventry at all.
We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:06 - Apr 21 with 1046 viewsSitfcB

Heck. Game on.

COYB

We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:23 - Apr 21 with 983 viewsTrumptonBlue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 16:57 - Apr 21 by Facefacts

Unfortunately Utd turned up today. Can't believe we would've been as bad as Cov today (assuming beaten Maids Wolves and Cov this would've been our semi final). Glimmer of hope extinguished when third goal went in. Not impressed with Coventry at all.

I don’t know, they don’t seem too bad.
We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 963 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:23 - Apr 21 by TrumptonBlue

I don’t know, they don’t seem too bad.

Certainly not going to be easy to beat!

We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:26 - Apr 21 with 940 viewsFacefacts

We’re Cov today I presume? on 16:57 - Apr 21 by Facefacts

Oops, Cov did turn up in the end. Hated the keeper timewasting, I hope they do it now
We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:30 - Apr 21 with 875 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:26 - Apr 21 by Facefacts

Oops, Cov did turn up in the end. Hated the keeper timewasting, I hope they do it now

I was really hoping to see the ref give Onana a second yellow card. His arrogance to continue slowly drinking from the water bottle after the booking and then take just as long over the next goal kick. I guess it was right to just add the extra time on but it is almost like the booking for timewasting is licence to take as long as he wants now on.

If they retake the lead and he does it again in extra time, I wonder how he will feel missing the final for the second yellow for it!

We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:35 - Apr 21 with 820 viewsSawtrich

Such patronising comments from Dixon. Man U score a deflected goal and it's, you can see the extra quality, he gets lucky with the finish but... Coventry score a deflected goal and it's , that could've gone anywhere but you'll take it
We’re Cov today I presume? on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 789 viewsfranz_tyson

So what if Coventry knacker themselves so much, they get trounced by Hull on Wednesday and giving Hull instant good form before they play us. It's so confusing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024