Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London 09:04 - Apr 21 with 17595 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 11:21 - Apr 22 with 1131 viewsPassionNotAnger

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:24 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

See what is happening here is that a Jewish man has been discriminated against due to being “openly Jewish” and so now several posters attempt to divert this and attack his character, which has no relevance to the incident.

Nope, people are critising the police for their language.
People are also critising this gentlemen for what appears to be an intention to disrupt or cause provocation at a protest (again)

Both are legitimate views and don’t have to be mutually exclusive
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 11:27 - Apr 22 with 1099 viewsPassionNotAnger

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:30 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

You would be allowed to cross where you want . A Jewish man wasn’t. That’s all there is to this story.

Absolute rubbish. You are blinkered beyond reason.

He was being provocative (with his security chums) being purposely obstructive whilst trying to ensure he’s gets a response he wants on camera.

He did this for his own motives, he didn’t get this response for being Jewish but for being a confrontational egotistical numpty.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 1027 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 08:55 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

A provocateur who heads up the Campaign Against Antisemitism, (not to forget the group helping out Israeli settlers!) not great for its credibility.

Why on earth is the Chief Executive of the Campaign against Antisemitism spending every weekend attempting to troll and disturb a march against genocide?
While pretending he was out for a innocent stroll with some friends ( and his hired security obviously)
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:02 - Apr 22 with 1008 viewsNeedhamChris

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 11:57 - Apr 22 by leitrimblue

Why on earth is the Chief Executive of the Campaign against Antisemitism spending every weekend attempting to troll and disturb a march against genocide?
While pretending he was out for a innocent stroll with some friends ( and his hired security obviously)

I don't know, why would someone campaigning about anti-semitism be trying to highlight the fact that presenting as a Jew is considered provocative in it's own right. It's a real head-scratcher isn't it.

Questions you should be asking;

1) Why is being a Jew provocative, especially to a 'peaceful' march
2) Why are we assuming that these tolerant peace marchers would cause harm? We wouldn't be quietly tolerating such extremist views, would we?
3) Why in our capital city does a Jew feel the need to have security in the first place

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:04 - Apr 22 with 994 viewsNeedhamChris

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 11:27 - Apr 22 by PassionNotAnger

Absolute rubbish. You are blinkered beyond reason.

He was being provocative (with his security chums) being purposely obstructive whilst trying to ensure he’s gets a response he wants on camera.

He did this for his own motives, he didn’t get this response for being Jewish but for being a confrontational egotistical numpty.

Even if that's true - you seem to be arguing that his own motives of highlighting anti-semitism is a bad thing?

Would you rather just keep happy clapping these lovely friendly marches and brush the fact that Jews in our capital city (without such a platform) don't feel safe?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:21 - Apr 22 with 941 viewsPassionNotAnger

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:04 - Apr 22 by NeedhamChris

Even if that's true - you seem to be arguing that his own motives of highlighting anti-semitism is a bad thing?

Would you rather just keep happy clapping these lovely friendly marches and brush the fact that Jews in our capital city (without such a platform) don't feel safe?

Nobody has to “happy-clap” anything. But if he, or anyone else wants to challenge an opinion, event or protest he should work WITH the authorities to do it safely and appropriately rather than doing things in his own provocative way which is working AGAINST the authorities (the debate amounts the actual competence of the authorities in this instance notwithstanding)

I don’t generally like comparisons for this as they are a blunt and potentially insensitive tool given the history but we’ve seen many instances over the years or provocation at demonstrations or events leading to wide disorder and it’s a tactic some have deliberately employed for their own political gain and therefore it’s incumbent on the Police to try and prevent that happening, albeit they have a duty to do so in an appropriate and legal way of course
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 917 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:21 - Apr 22 by PassionNotAnger

Nobody has to “happy-clap” anything. But if he, or anyone else wants to challenge an opinion, event or protest he should work WITH the authorities to do it safely and appropriately rather than doing things in his own provocative way which is working AGAINST the authorities (the debate amounts the actual competence of the authorities in this instance notwithstanding)

I don’t generally like comparisons for this as they are a blunt and potentially insensitive tool given the history but we’ve seen many instances over the years or provocation at demonstrations or events leading to wide disorder and it’s a tactic some have deliberately employed for their own political gain and therefore it’s incumbent on the Police to try and prevent that happening, albeit they have a duty to do so in an appropriate and legal way of course

He has acted like just another influencer looking to try and create content...desperate stuff!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:30 - Apr 22 with 893 viewsPassionNotAnger

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:24 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

He has acted like just another influencer looking to try and create content...desperate stuff!

And it worked perfectly for him given the media attention and those doing his work for him, just read the title of this thread. Grossly misrepresenting what happened and demonstrably untrue but it will remain in place and some will simply accept it as true

Job done. Divisions widened once more
Login to get fewer ads

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:32 - Apr 22 with 873 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:02 - Apr 22 by NeedhamChris

I don't know, why would someone campaigning about anti-semitism be trying to highlight the fact that presenting as a Jew is considered provocative in it's own right. It's a real head-scratcher isn't it.

Questions you should be asking;

1) Why is being a Jew provocative, especially to a 'peaceful' march
2) Why are we assuming that these tolerant peace marchers would cause harm? We wouldn't be quietly tolerating such extremist views, would we?
3) Why in our capital city does a Jew feel the need to have security in the first place

It's a march against Isreals genocide in Gaza not against Antisemitism as you and Gideon both well know. There is no connection between British Jews and the actions of the far right state of Isreal.
British Jews have no influence or say in the actions of the state of Isreal . So why is Gideon choosing to disturb and troll these marches?

He should resign today.

Your pretending like many were yesterday that he was just innocently minding his own business and accidentally bumped into this march. We now all know that this isn't true. Every weekend for the last month or so this man as gone out of his way to disturb a march against genocide.

Think about that, why would anybody be anti a march against genocide?
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 851 viewsmutters

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:30 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

You would be allowed to cross where you want . A Jewish man wasn’t. That’s all there is to this story.

Do you think he was known to the police before this happened? I am wondering whether they had intel in saying that he was in the area. He does have form in this type of thing

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 842 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:21 - Apr 22 by PassionNotAnger

i've been on lots of demonstrations. people don't all walk in straight lines always parallel to the pavement in serried ranks never falling out of step with the crowd. i have wandered about looking for people, crossed the roads to get to shops, turned back to wait for people, gone into cafes to get drinks and the wandered around to find the group i was with. i remember marching with the late strange pat arrowsmith whose marching style could best be described as unpredictable and meandering. none of that is unusual - i've seen lots of others do the same? so what exactly was it abut this guy that made that exact same behaviour "provocative"?? why did him going side to side and back to front put him at risk whereas when others do it no one notices? was he shouting abuse, or carrying an unacceptable banner, or was it something he was wearing?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 788 viewsSwansea_Blue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:24 - Apr 22 by GlasgowBlue

See what is happening here is that a Jewish man has been discriminated against due to being “openly Jewish” and so now several posters attempt to divert this and attack his character, which has no relevance to the incident.

Er, it actually seems that he was advised that by being “openly Jewish” his safety may be in danger. At which point he turned it into a media show, rather than heed the police’s advice (however inappropriately that was put across). So it’s not quite as clear cut as you’re making out. And he’s free to do so of course.

It’s awful that anyone’s protected characteristics should potentially endanger them and/or inflame any one else such that the Police feel a need to intervene - I imagine most people on here would agree.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:58 - Apr 22 with 757 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:35 - Apr 22 by lowhouseblue

i've been on lots of demonstrations. people don't all walk in straight lines always parallel to the pavement in serried ranks never falling out of step with the crowd. i have wandered about looking for people, crossed the roads to get to shops, turned back to wait for people, gone into cafes to get drinks and the wandered around to find the group i was with. i remember marching with the late strange pat arrowsmith whose marching style could best be described as unpredictable and meandering. none of that is unusual - i've seen lots of others do the same? so what exactly was it abut this guy that made that exact same behaviour "provocative"?? why did him going side to side and back to front put him at risk whereas when others do it no one notices? was he shouting abuse, or carrying an unacceptable banner, or was it something he was wearing?

When you were in the demonstrations you mention, did you or anyone accompanying you record individuals marching with you and then publish any misdemeanours online, contact the press, misrepresent the protests you were joining and criticise the police for not doing their job as you considered it should be done?
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:14 - Apr 22 with 694 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 12:35 - Apr 22 by lowhouseblue

Ha ha ha ha ha ha....etc...

Because he was just trying to get home after visiting his place of worship obvs bro!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:22 - Apr 22 with 663 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:14 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because he was just trying to get home after visiting his place of worship obvs bro!

It would have been more believable to say that he was playing Pokemon Go.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:36 - Apr 22 with 612 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:14 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oi you can laugh but Lowhouse put me on ignore yesterday for having the audacity to suggest that it might just be possible that he wasn't just innocently minding his own business and may have deliberately gone searching for a protest against genocide ( again) in order to deliberately troll it.
This might not seem that serious to yerself but I really felt the 2 of us were bonding and had the potential to became a TWTD power couple
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:42 - Apr 22 with 565 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:36 - Apr 22 by leitrimblue

Oi you can laugh but Lowhouse put me on ignore yesterday for having the audacity to suggest that it might just be possible that he wasn't just innocently minding his own business and may have deliberately gone searching for a protest against genocide ( again) in order to deliberately troll it.
This might not seem that serious to yerself but I really felt the 2 of us were bonding and had the potential to became a TWTD power couple

I think he's taken the exposure of his right wing settler supporting political ally quite hard Leitrim. Maybe we should cut him a little slack. But let us also share in a drink as we take a moment to remember comrade Koonters after Leeds lose tonight. Cheers!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:46 - Apr 22 with 547 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:42 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think he's taken the exposure of his right wing settler supporting political ally quite hard Leitrim. Maybe we should cut him a little slack. But let us also share in a drink as we take a moment to remember comrade Koonters after Leeds lose tonight. Cheers!

Whatever happened to the Darth_Koont?
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:46 - Apr 22 with 544 viewslowhouseblue

i'm genuinely interested in your take on provocation. is someone crossing the road a reasonable basis for someone else to feel provoked? is crossing the road once sufficient for provocation to occur, or does the provoker have to cross multiple times - if so how many? if the provokee feels provoked what are they entitled to do to the provoker? come on constable savage you must have thought all this through.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:50 - Apr 22 with 508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:46 - Apr 22 by lowhouseblue

i'm genuinely interested in your take on provocation. is someone crossing the road a reasonable basis for someone else to feel provoked? is crossing the road once sufficient for provocation to occur, or does the provoker have to cross multiple times - if so how many? if the provokee feels provoked what are they entitled to do to the provoker? come on constable savage you must have thought all this through.

Start the thread from the beginning and get back to me.
Hey though your mate Gideon should combine his two political concerns into one umbrella group...The Campaign Against Antisemitism But For a Little Bit of Apartheid in Israel...catchy don't you think?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:52 - Apr 22 with 500 viewsjayessess

Can't speak to this particular demonstration, but on every other large demonstration against the assault on Gaza there having been Jewish people present, some wearing kippahs or other identifiable markers of Jewishness. I've been to four such demos, 2 of the large London ones and 2 smaller local ones and seen Jewish people at all 4.

Of course, your politics might make you unwelcome at these demos, especially if your politics are militantly pro-Israel (and particularly if you're connected to the extremist movement to illegally settle the occupied territories). But in my experience police on demonstrations are usually unlikely to know that sort of detail about the people they're policing and are likely to have rather un-nuanced ideas about the "sides" involved.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:52 - Apr 22 with 492 viewsNeedhamChris

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:46 - Apr 22 by lowhouseblue

Spoiler - I don't think he has :)

It does seem to be enough to provoke these friendly souls. Works just the same if you switch 'crossing the road' to 'being Jewish'.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:54 - Apr 22 with 466 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:50 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Start the thread from the beginning and get back to me.
Hey though your mate Gideon should combine his two political concerns into one umbrella group...The Campaign Against Antisemitism But For a Little Bit of Apartheid in Israel...catchy don't you think?

The CAABFALBOAII. Just rolls off the tounge.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 431 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:52 - Apr 22 by jayessess

Can't speak to this particular demonstration, but on every other large demonstration against the assault on Gaza there having been Jewish people present, some wearing kippahs or other identifiable markers of Jewishness. I've been to four such demos, 2 of the large London ones and 2 smaller local ones and seen Jewish people at all 4.

Of course, your politics might make you unwelcome at these demos, especially if your politics are militantly pro-Israel (and particularly if you're connected to the extremist movement to illegally settle the occupied territories). But in my experience police on demonstrations are usually unlikely to know that sort of detail about the people they're policing and are likely to have rather un-nuanced ideas about the "sides" involved.

in terms of your first para, why then did the policeman consider that his obvious jewishness was a threat to order.?

how might demonstrators know his politics from the way in which he crossed the road?

i agree with your final sentence.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:58 - Apr 22 with 422 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 13:52 - Apr 22 by NeedhamChris

Spoiler - I don't think he has :)

It does seem to be enough to provoke these friendly souls. Works just the same if you switch 'crossing the road' to 'being Jewish'.

"Works just the same if you switch 'crossing the road' to 'being Jewish'."

It also gives rise to a whole host of "Why was the chicken Jewish?" jokes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024