Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London 09:04 - Apr 21 with 17615 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:38 - Apr 21 with 1228 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 17:19 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

but BDS implied bordering on inferral he was the problem maker and just wanted to play the victim ...who to believe?????
[Post edited 21 Apr 17:20]

....just crossing the road hmmmm!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:42 - Apr 21 with 1194 viewsvictorywilhappen

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:38 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

....just crossing the road hmmmm!

You know if you read GB's reply you will read that there was no evidence of what you are suggesting. A half truth is being used by you to build a case of justification. You are digging a bigger hole by the day...what a legacy. To be that guy that spreads hate, false news and hurt to get clicks....No agenda???
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:48 - Apr 21 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:42 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

You know if you read GB's reply you will read that there was no evidence of what you are suggesting. A half truth is being used by you to build a case of justification. You are digging a bigger hole by the day...what a legacy. To be that guy that spreads hate, false news and hurt to get clicks....No agenda???

Are you suggesting he wasn't part of a group with a security detail demanding to walk through the protest?
You act like an ostrich with your head in the sand on this matter generally for which I am sure you have your reasons. Demonise me if you must if it makes you more comfortable.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:50 - Apr 21 with 1138 viewsvictorywilhappen

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:48 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you suggesting he wasn't part of a group with a security detail demanding to walk through the protest?
You act like an ostrich with your head in the sand on this matter generally for which I am sure you have your reasons. Demonise me if you must if it makes you more comfortable.

Playing the victim??????

GB replied- they were not part of any counter protest and that they did not go near it.
[Post edited 21 Apr 19:55]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:54 - Apr 21 with 1103 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:50 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

Playing the victim??????

GB replied- they were not part of any counter protest and that they did not go near it.

I'll leave you to your riddles.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:03 - Apr 21 with 1061 viewsmutters

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:50 - Apr 21 by victorywilhappen

Playing the victim??????

Others have said differently, that they had already walked through the protest and were planning to walk back through it.

Whose turn of events is true? Was GB there and witnessed it first hand or is he relying on third-party reporting? Or were the people who posted a different perspective there and saw it live?

Always difficult in the world of social media, just because somebody posted it on the internet doesn't make it true.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:09 - Apr 21 with 1030 viewsvictorywilhappen

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 19:54 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'll leave you to your riddles.

To be blunt then.

Your conspiracy theories and one-eyed mantra do more harm than good to the cause and plight of the people you pretend to support. Your support comes across as self-serving.

I suggest you take an extended break. You are down some messed up wormhole and there are few left to drag you out.

It is horrible to log on here ( or view as member of the public) and read such posts that intend to hurt and divide. Not sure why you are still able to post.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:11 - Apr 21 with 1018 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 15:01 - Apr 21 by lowhouseblue

how would you feel about telling black or gay football fans not to go to certain games because their presence would provoke / antagonise the minority of bigots in the crowd - who we know are there but we're not going to do anything about? and if they do turn up tell them that they've only done so to deliberately provoke those bigots so they really deserve what they get.

I'm not sure if this is a highly improbable situation or a false equivalence, but I'll let you know should it ever come to pass.

Perhaps a better example would be:

"How would you feel about telling an ethnic Russian Orthodox football fan not to go to certain Ukrainian league games because their presence would provoke / antagonise the bigots in the crowd - who we know are there but we're not going to do anything about? and if they do turn up tell them that they've only done so to deliberately provoke those bigots so they really deserve what they get."
Login to get fewer ads

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:21 - Apr 21 with 974 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 17:11 - Apr 21 by mutters

If we took religion out of it and said it was a Liverpool fan who was watching the game in a Man United end, would the official be right to move them for their own safety?

Or Celtic / Rangers? (OK that one is steeped in religion).

I don't think the Police can win here. Is the chap there to antagonise the crowd? He has every right to protest the protest but sometimes there is a bigger picture, and in such extreme times some difficult decisions have to be made.

Similarly, if this event happened in the only democracy in the Middle East and a member of the INP asked a Palestinian to move away from an Israeli settlers' protest or face arrest, the policeman's actions would be considered exemplary and evidence that Israel is a safe place for its Arab citizens to live.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 959 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 17:42 - Apr 21 by lowhouseblue

why do you think a london jew during a pro-palestinian march is the equivalent of an opposition fan? are all jews automatically responsible for the actions of the israeli state?

You're right of course. It's like my example earlier about my Russian friend who is facing harassment because stupid people hold her responsible for the the situation in Ukraine.

There were even posts here on this forum where people were gleefully uploading images of Russian owned businesses in Europe which had been trashed.

Good example. Thanks.
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 889 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:03 - Apr 21 by mutters

Others have said differently, that they had already walked through the protest and were planning to walk back through it.

Whose turn of events is true? Was GB there and witnessed it first hand or is he relying on third-party reporting? Or were the people who posted a different perspective there and saw it live?

Always difficult in the world of social media, just because somebody posted it on the internet doesn't make it true.

The link says that they were not part of any counter protest and that they did not go near it. The person who first linked this tweet has admitted to that.

I see a pattern with your recent posts and it's not a particularly pleasant one.

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:09 - Apr 21 with 854 viewsmutters

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 20:59 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

The link says that they were not part of any counter protest and that they did not go near it. The person who first linked this tweet has admitted to that.

I see a pattern with your recent posts and it's not a particularly pleasant one.

Expand please, what are you accusing me off?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:16 - Apr 21 with 830 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:09 - Apr 21 by mutters

Expand please, what are you accusing me off?

Taking a very one sided view on the IsraelPalestine conflict that blinds you to Jewish man being discriminated against in the streets of London.

You previously claimed that you are interested in "genuine conversation" but you have spent this thread bending over backwards to excuse the discrimination this British Jew has suffered. Even comparing him to a football fan sitting in a rival's part of the ground.

He is a Londoner wanting to go about is daily business in London. He wasn't allowed to do that due to being openly Jewish.

edit. A good example of this is that it has been reported on every major news outlet. There is video footage available and posted on this thread. Gideon has gave a testimony to back up the video footage. But you give equal balance to a random twitter link which even says that he wasn't part of a counter protest or go anywhere near the counter protest.

Your post "Whose turn of events is true? Was GB there and witnessed it first hand or is he relying on third-party reporting? Or were the people who posted a different perspective there and saw it live?"

I'm recycling third party reporting, when in fact I'm linking video footage filmed by people who were there of the incident, Gideon's statement and a Skey News report in which the Metropolitan Police apologise and then apologise for their apology.

People who posted a different perspective there and saw it live, which is some random bloke on twitter ho even admits that Gideon was not part of the counter protest and didn't go anywhere near it.

It's false equivalence which comes from your confirmation bias.

[Post edited 21 Apr 21:27]

Iron Lion Zion

It's certainly borderline "something".... on 21:24 - Apr 21 with 804 viewsRyorry

It's certainly borderline "something".... on 19:03 - Apr 21 by Bloots

....not sure I'd call it "political".

But yes, it appears to be entrenched.

I was thinking about that quite long & hard just after I posted it - found it very hard to define. When I went back to the thread a couple of hours later & re-read it though, I came to the same conclusion as you, but it seemed a bit late to edit it by then.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:32 - Apr 21 with 789 viewsRyorry

A note for Phil - if the thread goes further south & you're considering deleting the whole thing, please *don't* - just lock it instead.

We need some posts to stay up in black & white, so that further down the line, their authors can't deny that they said what they said.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:36 - Apr 21 with 764 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:32 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

A note for Phil - if the thread goes further south & you're considering deleting the whole thing, please *don't* - just lock it instead.

We need some posts to stay up in black & white, so that further down the line, their authors can't deny that they said what they said.

Indeed. Too may of these have gone due to people crossing the line. A lot of threads with some appalling comments went in the days after 7/10.
[Post edited 21 Apr 21:38]

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:43 - Apr 21 with 733 viewsNeedhamChris

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:34 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

They would if the mob were targeting highly intelligent sexy alphas.

Again, not saying it's right.

I will stand up for the Jewish people whenever they face discrimination. The fault is not with that man. The police are simply outnumbered and if they allowed him to cross that protest they risked it kicking off. Clearly the fault lies with the protesters literally making veiled and open threats against him but what are the police supposed to do there?

I get that in an ideal world he could have freely crossed their path but we could be reading about a much more serious incident today.

I don't understand what 'serious incident' would have been likely, from a march which I keep hearing is a purely peaceful protest with no anti-semitic people involved.

Too many seem okay with the Met enforcing no-go areas for Jews in London.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:44 - Apr 21 with 728 viewsmutters

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:16 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Taking a very one sided view on the IsraelPalestine conflict that blinds you to Jewish man being discriminated against in the streets of London.

You previously claimed that you are interested in "genuine conversation" but you have spent this thread bending over backwards to excuse the discrimination this British Jew has suffered. Even comparing him to a football fan sitting in a rival's part of the ground.

He is a Londoner wanting to go about is daily business in London. He wasn't allowed to do that due to being openly Jewish.

edit. A good example of this is that it has been reported on every major news outlet. There is video footage available and posted on this thread. Gideon has gave a testimony to back up the video footage. But you give equal balance to a random twitter link which even says that he wasn't part of a counter protest or go anywhere near the counter protest.

Your post "Whose turn of events is true? Was GB there and witnessed it first hand or is he relying on third-party reporting? Or were the people who posted a different perspective there and saw it live?"

I'm recycling third party reporting, when in fact I'm linking video footage filmed by people who were there of the incident, Gideon's statement and a Skey News report in which the Metropolitan Police apologise and then apologise for their apology.

People who posted a different perspective there and saw it live, which is some random bloke on twitter ho even admits that Gideon was not part of the counter protest and didn't go anywhere near it.

It's false equivalence which comes from your confirmation bias.

[Post edited 21 Apr 21:27]

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I completely disagree that my view is one sided, I often take a contrary view to try and understand the other perspective.

As for this situation, I've not once said that what the Met Police did was correct, all I've stated is that I could see why they would not want to potentially place the man in danger by allowing him to cross the street while there is a protest going on, where by the nature of his religion could be a target. Whether people like it or not there are a large number of people who see a Jewish man as a representative of the Israel state and the events that have been unfolding. It a sad indictment of our times. It was similar after 911 when any muslim man or woman was see as suspicious because they were of the same religion or they looked very like the stereotypical image. Same with COVID for a while anybody Chinese was treated as suspicious.

The situation in the middle east is so entrenched and complex that, especially under current conditions, it's like a tinderbox waiting for any spark to ignite argument. It was heavy handed by the police, but we all know that a lot of these protests contain extremists who are itching for some conflict to raise the sound level for their cause.

There are posts saying he has already crossed the road and was going back again. There are others who said he had security personnel with him. Neither sound like a man on his way home from praying. He could have been there trying to get a rise out of the protests to play down their impact. It could all be peaceful on both sides. Fook knows the truth, which social media posts do you believe?

My recent posts have been trying to understand why the Israel state is being allowed to do such destruction in Gaza without any sort of comeback. I asked you on another thread but you didn't answer, which was do you feel Israels response to the horrific attack by Hamas is appropriate?
[Post edited 21 Apr 21:51]

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:53 - Apr 21 with 694 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:44 - Apr 21 by mutters

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I completely disagree that my view is one sided, I often take a contrary view to try and understand the other perspective.

As for this situation, I've not once said that what the Met Police did was correct, all I've stated is that I could see why they would not want to potentially place the man in danger by allowing him to cross the street while there is a protest going on, where by the nature of his religion could be a target. Whether people like it or not there are a large number of people who see a Jewish man as a representative of the Israel state and the events that have been unfolding. It a sad indictment of our times. It was similar after 911 when any muslim man or woman was see as suspicious because they were of the same religion or they looked very like the stereotypical image. Same with COVID for a while anybody Chinese was treated as suspicious.

The situation in the middle east is so entrenched and complex that, especially under current conditions, it's like a tinderbox waiting for any spark to ignite argument. It was heavy handed by the police, but we all know that a lot of these protests contain extremists who are itching for some conflict to raise the sound level for their cause.

There are posts saying he has already crossed the road and was going back again. There are others who said he had security personnel with him. Neither sound like a man on his way home from praying. He could have been there trying to get a rise out of the protests to play down their impact. It could all be peaceful on both sides. Fook knows the truth, which social media posts do you believe?

My recent posts have been trying to understand why the Israel state is being allowed to do such destruction in Gaza without any sort of comeback. I asked you on another thread but you didn't answer, which was do you feel Israels response to the horrific attack by Hamas is appropriate?
[Post edited 21 Apr 21:51]

Read that thread again . I actually posted my view on Israel's response to the October 7th masacre in the thread you replied to. I suggest you rea dit again.

If actually took the time and trouble to read my views on the subject you will see that I am far from an apologist for the Israeli state.

As for Gideon having security with him. He's the Chairman of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and regularly receives death threats. Jewish schools in the UK have security. Jewish charities in the UK have security. Jewish organisations in the UK have security. All of them wish there was no need for security.

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:05 - Apr 21 with 651 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:32 - Apr 21 by Ryorry

It's my understanding that when threads go "further south" Phil intervenes and deletes as he he sees fit after certain comments have been reported as abusive. Perhaps Phil is reading all these non-football threads, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that you can report an offensive post and expect it (or the thread) to remain visible in the future.

If there are incriminating posts you want to refer to in the future, don't flag them as abusive.

Perhaps I am missing the point here, but I would say that when it comes to politics, most people are consistent in their beliefs and are unlikely to take back what they have said, so reporting abuse and then hoping that the offending comment is preserved for posterity is a non-starter.

In my opinion the report abuse button should only be used to report abuse directed at individual posters, not their opinions or beliefs.
Utter twaddle. (n/t) on 22:07 - Apr 21 with 630 viewsBloots

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:05 - Apr 21 by ChorleyBoy

It's my understanding that when threads go "further south" Phil intervenes and deletes as he he sees fit after certain comments have been reported as abusive. Perhaps Phil is reading all these non-football threads, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure that you can report an offensive post and expect it (or the thread) to remain visible in the future.

If there are incriminating posts you want to refer to in the future, don't flag them as abusive.

Perhaps I am missing the point here, but I would say that when it comes to politics, most people are consistent in their beliefs and are unlikely to take back what they have said, so reporting abuse and then hoping that the offending comment is preserved for posterity is a non-starter.

In my opinion the report abuse button should only be used to report abuse directed at individual posters, not their opinions or beliefs.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:10 - Apr 21 with 612 viewsmutters

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 21:53 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

Read that thread again . I actually posted my view on Israel's response to the October 7th masacre in the thread you replied to. I suggest you rea dit again.

If actually took the time and trouble to read my views on the subject you will see that I am far from an apologist for the Israeli state.

As for Gideon having security with him. He's the Chairman of the Campaign Against Antisemitism and regularly receives death threats. Jewish schools in the UK have security. Jewish charities in the UK have security. Jewish organisations in the UK have security. All of them wish there was no need for security.

My mistake if I have missed your reply, I will have a look.

I concur I wish there was no need for security for Jewish people or any people just to go about their day. It's a sad sign of our times.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:16 - Apr 21 with 583 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:10 - Apr 21 by mutters

My mistake if I have missed your reply, I will have a look.

I concur I wish there was no need for security for Jewish people or any people just to go about their day. It's a sad sign of our times.

It wasn't a reply. My view was already stated in the post you answered.

For clarity ""indiscriminate and disproportionate".

I have also described some of Netanyahu's actions as "war crimes" and his government as being propped up by far right ultra religious terrorist sympathisers. But I should have to repeatedly state that in order to have the right to speak out against discrimination against British Jews who have no involvement in the actions of a foreign government.

Do we make British Muslims condemn the actions of Islamic terrorist groups before they have a right to speak out against Islamophobia?
[Post edited 21 Apr 22:29]

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:27 - Apr 21 with 537 viewsChorleyBoy

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:16 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

It wasn't a reply. My view was already stated in the post you answered.

For clarity ""indiscriminate and disproportionate".

I have also described some of Netanyahu's actions as "war crimes" and his government as being propped up by far right ultra religious terrorist sympathisers. But I should have to repeatedly state that in order to have the right to speak out against discrimination against British Jews who have no involvement in the actions of a foreign government.

Do we make British Muslims condemn the actions of Islamic terrorist groups before they have a right to speak out against Islamophobia?
[Post edited 21 Apr 22:29]

I've read this a number of times and it doesn't quite make sense. Is there a word or two missing?:

"But I should have to repeatedly state that in order to have the right to speak out against British Jews who have no involvement in the actions of a foreign government."
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:30 - Apr 21 with 513 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 22:27 - Apr 21 by ChorleyBoy

I've read this a number of times and it doesn't quite make sense. Is there a word or two missing?:

"But I should have to repeatedly state that in order to have the right to speak out against British Jews who have no involvement in the actions of a foreign government."

Yes. Edited.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024