Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London 09:04 - Apr 21 with 17675 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:20 - Apr 21 with 5524 viewsRyorry

Heard that in a R5l news report & interview yesterday.

Beyond shocking.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:26 - Apr 21 with 5503 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there more footage of that incident? Where was he threatened with arrest?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 5445 viewsPendejo

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4n19j892neo

Constable Savage still being a cop after 40 odd years is amazing

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 5446 viewsDJR

I donated to the Campaign Against Antisemitism when it was set up (and receive its emails), and think it does a very good job of standing up for the Jewish community, but my take on what took place is that it is a public order matter in the sense that it is similar to a case the police might try to prevent someone with, say, Chelsea colours walking towards a group of West Ham fans, or a Muslim (dressed as such) walking towards a group of Hindus in Leicester at a time when there were tensions a couple of years ago.

Of course it is a tragedy that Jewish do not feel safe on the streets but I am not sure if this can properly be regarded as such a case because Gideon Falter appeared to be trying to mount a type of counter demonstration and did not seem scared or fazed by events.
[Post edited 21 Apr 9:39]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 5441 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:26 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:44 - Apr 21 with 5364 viewsJ2BLUE

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 by DJR

I donated to the Campaign Against Antisemitism when it was set up (and receive its emails), and think it does a very good job of standing up for the Jewish community, but my take on what took place is that it is a public order matter in the sense that it is similar to a case the police might try to prevent someone with, say, Chelsea colours walking towards a group of West Ham fans, or a Muslim (dressed as such) walking towards a group of Hindus in Leicester at a time when there were tensions a couple of years ago.

Of course it is a tragedy that Jewish do not feel safe on the streets but I am not sure if this can properly be regarded as such a case because Gideon Falter appeared to be trying to mount a type of counter demonstration and did not seem scared or fazed by events.

I agree.

The police using their limited power to prevent a much bigger incident. I feel sorry for the police and that officer especially. To me that looks like they were using the only power they had to protect him.

Truly impaired.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:45 - Apr 21 with 5352 viewsJ2BLUE

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Cheers

Truly impaired.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:50 - Apr 21 with 5325 viewsBuhrer

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:44 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

I agree.

The police using their limited power to prevent a much bigger incident. I feel sorry for the police and that officer especially. To me that looks like they were using the only power they had to protect him.

To protect a man just standing on a road, from people making threats against him because he's Jewish, he must be arrested? Absolutely baffling FFS. Its just mob rule.
Login to get fewer ads

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 5273 viewsJ2BLUE

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:50 - Apr 21 by Buhrer

To protect a man just standing on a road, from people making threats against him because he's Jewish, he must be arrested? Absolutely baffling FFS. Its just mob rule.

Precisely. No argument. The police are vastly outnumbered.

I am not suggesting it is right but the whole thing is a small spark away from exploding and the police were using the few things available to them to diffuse the situation.

Again, I am not claiming it's morally right. I can understand why they did it though.

Truly impaired.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:54 - Apr 21 with 5268 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What are these "anti Israel marches" they refer to......now that's an interesting take!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:56 - Apr 21 with 5237 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Or threatened with arrest for protesting against people at a anti genocide march?

Not sure why anybody would feel the need to bait people protesting against genocide
[Post edited 21 Apr 9:57]
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:02 - Apr 21 with 5197 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:36 - Apr 21 by DJR

why exactly would a jewish londoner crossing the street during a march supporting palestinians be a threat to public order? and should the police tolerate such a threat to the freedoms of jewish londoners? should women in short skirts not be allowed out at night because it may provoke predators and is that also something the police should tolerate?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:04 - Apr 21 with 5166 viewsGlasgowBlue

skip to 4.47.

Breach of the pea ce "because your presence here is antoganosing a large group of people"

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 5110 viewsGlasgowBlue

You're comparing a resident of London wearing a kippah, attempting to walk along the streets of London with somebody wearing a football scarf?

Would a Muslim wearing a Taqiyah be prevented from walking through the streets of London when the FLA march takes place? Or a woman wearing a burqa?

A Jewish man leaving Synagogue is prevented from walking home because his presence is seen as antagonistic. It's racism.

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:12 - Apr 21 with 5089 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:44 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

I agree.

Ask yourself this J2. Would the police threaten to arrest you in the same location? If the answer is no, then he is being discriminated against for being Jewish.

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 5079 viewsGlasgowBlue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:56 - Apr 21 by leitrimblue

Or threatened with arrest for protesting against people at a anti genocide march?

Not sure why anybody would feel the need to bait people protesting against genocide
[Post edited 21 Apr 9:57]

He wasn't protesting against anything .he was walking though his hom e town on the way home from attending his place of worship.

Iron Lion Zion

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:15 - Apr 21 with 5068 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:10 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

You're comparing a resident of London wearing a kippah, attempting to walk along the streets of London with somebody wearing a football scarf?

Would a Muslim wearing a Taqiyah be prevented from walking through the streets of London when the FLA march takes place? Or a woman wearing a burqa?

A Jewish man leaving Synagogue is prevented from walking home because his presence is seen as antagonistic. It's racism.

i thought we'd been told that there were lots of jews on these marches and that they were celebrations of peace and tolerance without a hint of anti-semitism. and yet a jewish londoner can't cross the road because that's a threat to public order? how does that work?
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:16]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 5032 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:13 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

He wasn't protesting against anything .he was walking though his hom e town on the way home from attending his place of worship.

Argh, sorry, you mean it was a complete coincidence that he bumped into a protest against the ongoing genocide in Gaza and he had no idea it was going on?
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:18 - Apr 21 with 5014 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 09:54 - Apr 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

What are these "anti Israel marches" they refer to......now that's an interesting take!

You might think that a campaign body concerned about the use of words might take more care with their use of words!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:20 - Apr 21 with 4996 viewsKeno

but surely if you allow a demonstration you cant stop a counter demonstration

if you do that could appear to be taking sides, which of cos the Met Police shouldnt be seen to do should they?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 4952 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:17 - Apr 21 by leitrimblue

Argh, sorry, you mean it was a complete coincidence that he bumped into a protest against the ongoing genocide in Gaza and he had no idea it was going on?

so the area of these marches each weekend are properly no go areas for london jews and it's right for the police to enforce that? they know the marches are going on after all. what about the tube when the marchers are dispersing? it would probably be safest from them to keep away from there as well - just to avoid public order issues of course.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:28]

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 4896 viewsleitrimblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:23 - Apr 21 by lowhouseblue

so the area of these marches each weekend are properly no go areas for london jews and it's right for the police to enforce that? they know the marches are going on after all. what about the tube when the marchers are dispersing? it would probably be safest from them to keep away from there as well - just to avoid public order issues of course.

So you also think he was just there by coincidence and hasn't gone there to deliberately antagonise people protesting against genocide and the daily slaughter of hundreds of innocent women and kids in Gaza?

I'm pretty sure your not that niave

Why would anybody deliberately troll people at a march against genocide?
Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:31 - Apr 21 with 4866 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:23 - Apr 21 by lowhouseblue

Of course he should be able to be there and if the attention of the police was only due to his appearance then that would be wrong.....does anyone know if that is the case or was was he using antagonising words? In law that would probably matter.

Surprised he was there to be honest as I thought the streets of London were unsafe now or something!

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 4859 viewslowhouseblue

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:27 - Apr 21 by leitrimblue

So you also think he was just there by coincidence and hasn't gone there to deliberately antagonise people protesting against genocide and the daily slaughter of hundreds of innocent women and kids in Gaza?

I'm pretty sure your not that niave

Why would anybody deliberately troll people at a march against genocide?

he's trying to cross the road!!!!!!

why exactly do you think that just being jewish is an act of antagonism and trolling?? why is a london jew being in the area of a 'peace' march trolling? jeez, stop and think through the implications of what you're posting.

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 4844 viewsDJR

Threatened with arrest for being openly Jewish on the streets of London on 10:10 - Apr 21 by GlasgowBlue

We can obviously agree to disagree but I think it difficult in the circumstances to regard the particular policeman's actions as racist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024