Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football quiz ⚽ 19:40 - Apr 19 with 780 viewsMiaow

English Football Clubs That Have Played in Europe

I've made another football quiz if anybody would like to have a go. With only one English side left in Europe this season, how many of the teams from this country that have played in continental competition can you name?

This quiz covers the European Cup/Champions League, the UEFA Cup/Europa League and the old Fairs Cup, the Cup Winners' Cup, the new Conference League and the Intertoto Cup, but not competitions such as the Anglo-Italian Cup, so Port Vale won't be a valid answer... Welsh clubs that play in the English leagues are not included. One of the answers is a team that no longer exists, at least not in its previous form.

There are nine minutes to try and get as many answers as possible. Do let me know if you think this time limit is fair.

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/english-football-clubs-that-have-pl

Again, thanks very much for taking the time to have a look.

Also, this is a similar quiz which I would have shared here before on English teams that have reached a European final: https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/1696326/english-football-clubs-that-have-pl Norwich didn't participate in this quiz.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz ⚽ on 19:55 - Apr 19 with 710 viewsBlueBoots

38/39...missed the club that (sort of) no longer exists

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Football quiz ⚽ on 19:58 - Apr 19 with 703 viewsNthQldITFC

I was interested to see that N*rwich aren't actually the littlest, most unsuccessful tinpot club to have played in Europe.

Oh no, hang on, I read 'Bradford' as 'Bradfield'. Sorry.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Football quiz ⚽ on 19:58 - Apr 19 with 698 viewsMK1

Lucky it was in alphabetical order. 35/39.
Football quiz ⚽ on 21:26 - Apr 19 with 619 viewsPlums

Football quiz ⚽ on 19:55 - Apr 19 by BlueBoots

38/39...missed the club that (sort of) no longer exists

That actually had be stumped because I'd included them. I missed another that starts with the same letter.
Good quiz once again!
[Post edited 19 Apr 21:28]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Football quiz ⚽ on 21:28 - Apr 19 with 610 viewssouthnorfolkblue

36 out of 39.

Being alphabetical definitely made it easier to have educated guesses

Poll: Our final position

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:15 - Apr 20 with 419 viewsPendejo

38/39

The one missed is embarrassing as I went around the country; started from East Anglia (naturally), moved into London thinking it weird how Millwall had played in Europe (2004/5) but not Charlton, who for many years finished just outside of European qualification and thus dumped Curbishley. And missed South London's other major representative. (Proper South i.e. Sarf of The River)

Questions;
Assume two earned European football for league placing as their 80s cup wins came during our Heysal ban?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Football quiz ⚽ on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 355 viewsMiaow

Football quiz ⚽ on 08:15 - Apr 20 by Pendejo

38/39

The one missed is embarrassing as I went around the country; started from East Anglia (naturally), moved into London thinking it weird how Millwall had played in Europe (2004/5) but not Charlton, who for many years finished just outside of European qualification and thus dumped Curbishley. And missed South London's other major representative. (Proper South i.e. Sarf of The River)

Questions;
Assume two earned European football for league placing as their 80s cup wins came during our Heysal ban?

Yes, the two FA Cup-winning teams that I think you’re referring to played in the Fairs Cup in 1970 and the Intertoto Cup in 1995 respectively. A couple of clubs that won the League Cup during the second half of the ‘80s would be on the list but for the Heysel ban. One or two other teams only feature in the quiz due to their involvement in the Intertoto Cup.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Football quiz ⚽ on 10:53 - Apr 20 with 334 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Managed to miss one of the most obvious ones - got one from that city but not the other! Kept trying to think of teams that started with letters between the two either side of it instead of the same name! 34/39.

It is very interesting to see the variety of levels of clubs that have been involved and how many clubs that have played a decent level but never have been (e.g. likes of Charlton, Sheff Utd, Oldham, etc).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Football quiz ⚽ on 11:37 - Apr 20 with 294 viewsPendejo

Football quiz ⚽ on 10:18 - Apr 20 by Miaow

Yes, the two FA Cup-winning teams that I think you’re referring to played in the Fairs Cup in 1970 and the Intertoto Cup in 1995 respectively. A couple of clubs that won the League Cup during the second half of the ‘80s would be on the list but for the Heysel ban. One or two other teams only feature in the quiz due to their involvement in the Intertoto Cup.

I'm really hacked off with myself for the one I missed; I drive past the stadium daily on my commute and clearly forgot they existed let alone qualified by losing a cup final.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Football quiz ⚽ on 12:10 - Apr 20 with 263 viewsElephantintheRoom

Might have been a better idea to include football league clubs to allow for the glory days of welsh football!

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024