Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy 17:55 - Apr 19 with 920 viewsIllinoisblue

Back in 1981, Spurs played Wolves in the cup semi at Hillsborough, as it was and still should be, at a neutral venue. Game ends in a draw. Replay, still at a “neutral” venue is at…. Highbury. Spurs get to play a cup semi just down the road at Arsenal. Different times back then, of course, but have to imagine Wolves would have complained?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 17:59 - Apr 19 with 876 viewsFtnfwest

I do remember that and I think they did. Certainly in those days restricted the number of wolves fans there a bit. Daft thing now is that we’re so much better set up to stage semis on neutral club grounds than then but don’t do it.
On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 18:06 - Apr 19 with 826 viewsIllinoisblue

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 17:59 - Apr 19 by Ftnfwest

I do remember that and I think they did. Certainly in those days restricted the number of wolves fans there a bit. Daft thing now is that we’re so much better set up to stage semis on neutral club grounds than then but don’t do it.

It is madness to continue to use Wembley for semi finals. Iirc when they started having them there it was to help raise money for building new Wembley, but with all the money sloshing around in the game that should be no longer an issue. (It probably is knowing the incompetence of the FA).

Old trafford, Arsenal, spurs, Villa park. Man city, Anfield…. So many good options for neutral venues.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 18:29 - Apr 19 with 752 viewsFtnfwest

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 18:06 - Apr 19 by Illinoisblue

It is madness to continue to use Wembley for semi finals. Iirc when they started having them there it was to help raise money for building new Wembley, but with all the money sloshing around in the game that should be no longer an issue. (It probably is knowing the incompetence of the FA).

Old trafford, Arsenal, spurs, Villa park. Man city, Anfield…. So many good options for neutral venues.

I know it’s far too long ago that we had that incredible era but I’m forever thankful that we won the cup in those golden years
On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:28 - Apr 19 with 683 viewsMK1

The Semi's should always be at a neutral ground. Wembley day outs should be for England and Finals. Just wrong from the FA. Sack the bl00dy lot of um.
On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:30 - Apr 19 with 670 viewsNthQldITFC

On the no replays thing, I think the gate receipts should all go to the club in the lower division (home or away), or if they are in the same division, split them 50:50.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:30 - Apr 19 with 672 viewsMiaow

Was that the fixture that saw a number of fans crushed and injured in the Leppings Lane End?

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 657 viewsEastTownBlue

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:30 - Apr 19 by Miaow

Was that the fixture that saw a number of fans crushed and injured in the Leppings Lane End?

Indeed it was.
On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 01:03 - Apr 20 with 476 viewsgainsboroughblue

It felt that semis were held at Villa Park and Highbury every single year. Like a comfortable tradition.

Imagine my surprise then when I checked and Highbury has only hosted 12 semi finals, same as White Hart Lane and less than Bramall Lane and bizarrely, the Oval.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 07:22 - Apr 20 with 358 viewsPerublue

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 01:03 - Apr 20 by gainsboroughblue

It felt that semis were held at Villa Park and Highbury every single year. Like a comfortable tradition.

Imagine my surprise then when I checked and Highbury has only hosted 12 semi finals, same as White Hart Lane and less than Bramall Lane and bizarrely, the Oval.

I have not checked but it does feel (to me at least) there always seemed to be one semi at Villa Park and one somewhere else depending on the teams.
[Post edited 20 Apr 7:23]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 10:01 - Apr 20 with 254 viewsBucklebury_blue

On FA Cup replays, this is kinda crazy on 19:30 - Apr 19 by Miaow

Liverpool v forest semi 1989
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024