Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
***IF*** 14:52 - Apr 13 with 577 viewsZx1988

IF we go into the final day with a 0-0 draw suiting all parties, are there any rules preventing us and Huddersfield going full on "Schande von Gijon" and spending 90mins kicking the ball about the middle of the park?

I'm sure Coventry did similar against Exeter(?) a few seasons back, which ended up relegating Barnet.

Surely there are no rules against tactically not taking a single risk?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

***IF*** on 15:11 - Apr 13 with 486 viewsiamatractorboy

I assume it would only be against the rules if the two teams explicitly agreed it between themselves. But it would feel rather unsavoury if neither team bothered to attack. But we are getting wayyyyyy ahead of ourselves.
***IF*** on 15:28 - Apr 13 with 441 viewsSharkey

***IF*** on 15:11 - Apr 13 by iamatractorboy

I assume it would only be against the rules if the two teams explicitly agreed it between themselves. But it would feel rather unsavoury if neither team bothered to attack. But we are getting wayyyyyy ahead of ourselves.

I think the league would be hypocritical if they said that. At the Orient -Colchester game a few years ago, the game was ‘abandoned’ because of a big pitch invasion by O’s fans protesting about the club’s ownership . After everyone had been told to leave the ground, the game was completed, with Colchester just knocking the ball around in their own half while the Orient players stayed in theirs. At the time I thought it was strange for all sorts of reasons, one being to do with what about gamblers who have predicted the exact score? If it was ok then, why not now?
***IF*** on 18:53 - Apr 13 with 269 viewsZx1988

***IF*** on 15:11 - Apr 13 by iamatractorboy

Looking at it rationally, it would feel like the logical option if both teams are well-served by a draw.

Why risk a £100m payday, or the financial cliff-edge that is relegation to League 1, by doing anything other than having a friendly kick-about?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024