Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. 09:45 - Apr 12 with 3451 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it Israel can do what the f#ck they want but nobody can shoot back?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/apr/12/middle-east-crisis-live-israe

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:05 - Apr 12 with 2291 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's funny isn't it. The USA take out Soleimani with a drone strike in Iraq. No reprisals against the USA from Iran. Israel take out Mohammad Reza Zahedi in Syria and Iran plans to strike Israel.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 2270 viewslowhouseblue

you think iran hasn't been 'shooting back'? i know you're always desperate for a one sided narrative you can post one liners about, but the idea of iran as the innocent victim is a particularly good one.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:13 - Apr 12 with 2261 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Or to phrase it another way ‘Iran can do what the f#ck they want but nobody can shoot back,’
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:21 - Apr 12 with 2229 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:12 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

you think iran hasn't been 'shooting back'? i know you're always desperate for a one sided narrative you can post one liners about, but the idea of iran as the innocent victim is a particularly good one.

Yep bit rich from a poster who defended people cheering on the Houthi’s as they killed civilian shipping crews and forced children in to starvation. He struggles with the complexity of geo-politics - Israel absolutely is committing genocide and should not be backed by the West. But to portray the most belligerent and insidious regime in the Middle East as some kind of victim is frankly laughable.

Iran who’ve launched missile strikes on the sovereign states of Pakistan, Iraq, US military bases, provoked a war in Yemen with millions now living in hunger, fuelled the Syrian Civil war with militants and weapons. Armed and trained Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi’s providing over 250,000 missiles and heavy artillery. Nobody has done more to destabilise the Middle East.
[Post edited 12 Apr 10:54]
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:38 - Apr 12 with 2174 viewsGlasgowBlue

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:21 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yep bit rich from a poster who defended people cheering on the Houthi’s as they killed civilian shipping crews and forced children in to starvation. He struggles with the complexity of geo-politics - Israel absolutely is committing genocide and should not be backed by the West. But to portray the most belligerent and insidious regime in the Middle East as some kind of victim is frankly laughable.

Iran who’ve launched missile strikes on the sovereign states of Pakistan, Iraq, US military bases, provoked a war in Yemen with millions now living in hunger, fuelled the Syrian Civil war with militants and weapons. Armed and trained Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi’s providing over 250,000 missiles and heavy artillery. Nobody has done more to destabilise the Middle East.

"My enemy's enemy is my friend"

Iron Lion Zion

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:52 - Apr 12 with 2135 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:38 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

"My enemy's enemy is my friend"

It’s an almost childlike worldview. I follow the region closely, Iran has been engaged in a long-term proxy war with Saudi for years now. Most of the armed conflicts in the region have been funded, trained, and armed by the two rivals as they fought to spread their influence/ideology. To portray the current conflict in Gaza as some kind of trigger of regional de-stabilisation is a fundamentally dishonest narrative, and shows a lack of understanding of the region over the past 10/15 years. Has it emboldened Iran - yes, but for them to carry out missile strikes on two sovereign nations was completely reckless. The US carried out retaliatory strikes on Iranian assets after their soldiers were killed in a drone strike, I don’t see why Israel would be expected to not respond in the same way.

I shared this before, but the Hamas attacks in October, Israel and Saudi were on the verge of signing a historical peace deal. Something that certainly wasn’t in Iran’s interest:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/09/1141302
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 11:19 - Apr 12 with 2077 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:52 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It’s an almost childlike worldview. I follow the region closely, Iran has been engaged in a long-term proxy war with Saudi for years now. Most of the armed conflicts in the region have been funded, trained, and armed by the two rivals as they fought to spread their influence/ideology. To portray the current conflict in Gaza as some kind of trigger of regional de-stabilisation is a fundamentally dishonest narrative, and shows a lack of understanding of the region over the past 10/15 years. Has it emboldened Iran - yes, but for them to carry out missile strikes on two sovereign nations was completely reckless. The US carried out retaliatory strikes on Iranian assets after their soldiers were killed in a drone strike, I don’t see why Israel would be expected to not respond in the same way.

I shared this before, but the Hamas attacks in October, Israel and Saudi were on the verge of signing a historical peace deal. Something that certainly wasn’t in Iran’s interest:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/09/1141302

It's the left's league table of whose rights matter more.

They go 100% all in to support whoever is higher. There's no grey area.

We see it time and time again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 11:41 - Apr 12 with 2040 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 11:19 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

It's the left's league table of whose rights matter more.

They go 100% all in to support whoever is higher. There's no grey area.

We see it time and time again.

I think that’s a somewhat unfair statement- there are plenty of balanced left-leaning posters on here. It’s only those few at the more ‘niche’ end of the political spectrum.

Certainly bizarre when the likes of Galloway and Corbyn openly defend regimes (like Iran and Venezuela) when the citizens of their own countries don’t even support them. In fact in both instances, the regimes have only maintained power by brutalising protesters.
Login to get fewer ads

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 11:54 - Apr 12 with 2000 viewsJ2BLUE

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 11:41 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I think that’s a somewhat unfair statement- there are plenty of balanced left-leaning posters on here. It’s only those few at the more ‘niche’ end of the political spectrum.

Certainly bizarre when the likes of Galloway and Corbyn openly defend regimes (like Iran and Venezuela) when the citizens of their own countries don’t even support them. In fact in both instances, the regimes have only maintained power by brutalising protesters.

Left leaning and left are two different things. Find me any proper leftie and tell me the above doesn't apply. I'm sure there may be a few examples but overall I am very happy to stand by the point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 12:18 - Apr 12 with 1932 viewsDJR

For a more nuanced discussion of the situation in the Middle East, which has at its heart the conflict between Sunni and Shia Muslims, this from the US independent thinktank, the Council on Foreign Relations, is well worth reading in full.

https://www.cfr.org/article/sunni-shia-divide

To take but one example of the conflict which is probably not widely known, the uprising by the Shia majority in Bahrain in 2011 as part of the Arab Spring was suppressed with the help of troops from Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait.
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:20]
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 12:57 - Apr 12 with 1839 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 12:18 - Apr 12 by DJR

For a more nuanced discussion of the situation in the Middle East, which has at its heart the conflict between Sunni and Shia Muslims, this from the US independent thinktank, the Council on Foreign Relations, is well worth reading in full.

https://www.cfr.org/article/sunni-shia-divide

To take but one example of the conflict which is probably not widely known, the uprising by the Shia majority in Bahrain in 2011 as part of the Arab Spring was suppressed with the help of troops from Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait.
[Post edited 12 Apr 12:20]

Funnily enough you were one of the balanced posters I was thinking of.

Indeed, a proxy conflict that can be traced back to the Iran/Iraq war (arguably further). It’s generally agreed the Saudi-Iran proxy war escalated after the Arab spring which weakened other regional powers. The resulting power vacuum enabled Iran and Saudi to step up their influence by funding (and in some cases) arming groups in those countries in order to gain influence. The resulting growth of both Saudi and Iran’s regional power saw this escalate into the Syrian and Yemeni civil wars. All this is without even going into the various assassinations and attacks on Iranian scientists and facilities (to slow Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons).

To highlight one air strike by Israel as being a sudden and catastrophic escalation in the region just shows a complete lack of understanding of the recent history and events of the Middle East.
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:26 - Apr 12 with 1767 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:21 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Well that's a hot take...find that cheering post for me will you?

Ps...where have I portrayed Iran asa victim while you're at it?
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:32]

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:29 - Apr 12 with 1760 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:12 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

So it will be OK by you if Iran target an Israeli consulate in an independent state. Are they the rules. Or are you just going down the goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians path.

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:30 - Apr 12 with 1753 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 10:05 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

It's funny isn't it. The USA take out Soleimani with a drone strike in Iraq. No reprisals against the USA from Iran. Israel take out Mohammad Reza Zahedi in Syria and Iran plans to strike Israel.

Maybe the location of assassinations matter.

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:37 - Apr 12 with 1723 viewsGlasgowBlue

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:29 - Apr 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

So it will be OK by you if Iran target an Israeli consulate in an independent state. Are they the rules. Or are you just going down the goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians path.

"if"?

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20240412-argentina-court-blames-iran-for-de

Their proxies have being doing it for years mate.

Iron Lion Zion

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:45 - Apr 12 with 1668 viewsDJR

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:29 - Apr 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes it's the attack on a consulate that troubles me, and really should trouble anyone who believes in the international rules-based order. But I am not aware of any Western government condemning it.
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:46]
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:47 - Apr 12 with 1647 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:37 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

"if"?

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20240412-argentina-court-blames-iran-for-de

Yeah at this point I’m out of the thread - several posters have explained the wider regional geo-politics, he’s only here for simplistic hot-take one liners.

“Where assassinations happen” just completely lacks any awareness given the actions of Iran, not only in recent weeks, but historically. I’ll leave him to it. It’s like he’s just studied a Ladybird book of Middle Eastern history that starts in October 2023.
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:47]
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 15:13 - Apr 12 with 1493 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:47 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah at this point I’m out of the thread - several posters have explained the wider regional geo-politics, he’s only here for simplistic hot-take one liners.

“Where assassinations happen” just completely lacks any awareness given the actions of Iran, not only in recent weeks, but historically. I’ll leave him to it. It’s like he’s just studied a Ladybird book of Middle Eastern history that starts in October 2023.
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:47]

So, yeah you couldn't find those posts to back up your straw man, adult, hot takes.

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 15:35 - Apr 12 with 1442 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 13:37 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

"if"?

It's not good is it, so no rules it is.
I always find it funny how threads such as this highlighting that there is no 'good side' always lead to accusations of supporting the one the majority have least sympathy for. It is a deluded and fabricated nonsense but perhaps it makes it easier for some to live with themselves.

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 17:11 - Apr 12 with 1329 viewsDJR

Interesting article in Haaretz but you may have to sign up to read it in full.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-04-12/ty-article/.premium/israel-didnt-
[Post edited 12 Apr 17:12]
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:04 - Apr 13 with 1105 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Yahoo is getting what he wanted...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/apr/13/iran-launches-drone-attack-ag

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:12 - Apr 13 with 1087 viewsBloomBlue

The attack has started....
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:14 - Apr 13 with 1077 viewsGlasgowBlue

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:04 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/apr/13/iran-launches-drone-attack-ag

For 6 months Israel's entire northern population has been evacuated because Iran, via its proxy Hezbollah, has launched 1000's of rockets into the area.

But yeah. It's definitely Israel's fault.

Iron Lion Zion

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:15 - Apr 13 with 1074 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:04 - Apr 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Iran have been attacking Israel for months via Lebanon and Hezbollah. I imagine the Israeli’s made a calculated strike knowing their superior air power and iron dome will likely provide fairly effective defence.
Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:20 - Apr 13 with 1047 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Getting the rules on the upcoming Middle East war clear. on 22:14 - Apr 13 by GlasgowBlue

For 6 months Israel's entire northern population has been evacuated because Iran, via its proxy Hezbollah, has launched 1000's of rockets into the area.

But yeah. It's definitely Israel's fault.

That part of the conflict was and has always been dealt with via a bit of tit for tat gesturing. The Yahoo decided to attack a diplomatic space regarded as sovereign territory because he wants a wider conflict. You have even acknowledged that he is trying to extend his political life yet refuse to see the obvious....bizarre!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024