Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford 09:07 - Apr 11 with 914 viewsunstableblue

Would come to Portman Road and defend deep for 40mins with two banks of four sitting deep into their defensive area, I would have been surprised.

But that’s where we are - and it’s credit to our manager and players.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:09 - Apr 11 with 885 viewspointofblue

And if you'd asked at the start of the season if we'd struggle to break down a team sitting deep with two banks of four then I would have said yes. So no surprise there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:17 - Apr 11 with 811 views_clive_baker_

It's all too easy to forget this IMO. Doesn't make the result any less disappointing, but we are a victim of our own success in terms of expectations now. Watford and Norwich are Year 2 parachute clubs, and while I don't think they're one of the 'big boys' at this level in terms of wages or anything close Leeds & Leicester, they're probably spending more than us and both still have a good core of players. To take 4 points off clubs like Watford is a good return, but of course in the circumstances we all wanted more last night. I think we do have to get real sometimes and realise our most expensive player last night was Kayden Jackson. A year ago we would've laughed at the prospect of Hladky, Edmundson, Burgess, Clarke, Luongo, Jackson etc sitting 2nd in the Championship. We don't have any right to be 2nd really, with the greatest of respect to our squad, but we are, so lets enjoy it and see where it takes us.

Our aim was and is to match Leeds, and we've ticked off another game having done it. Given they went first and drew it does feel like a missed opportunity to build in some buffer of course, but I'll take matching their result over the next 3 games which would mean we go in to Huddersfield at home with it in our hands. You would think a win is required on Saturday if we're going to do it this round of games. I'm quietly confident about Hull given it comes after a break, and then we play Coventry who themselves have a ridiculous schedule and could well be out of the running. It's not all doom and gloom, its a great position to be in but we need to hit reset a little bit, and find a way to win on Saturday.
If you’d asked me at the start of the season if on 09:21 - Apr 11 with 764 viewsKeno

we'd be second with 4 games left and feeling a flat after drawing against Watford I'm sure Id have quite known what to say

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:24 - Apr 11 with 748 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's ok to be disappointed with a result, and to view it in the context of the present time.

I think everyone is more than happy with the overall performance this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:38 - Apr 11 with 702 viewsbritbiker

Thought their number 16 was a really good player. Every time he got the ball he ran at us. Was glad to see him subbed off in second half. Apart from him they didn't really cause us too many problems. Just sat deep and we ran out of ideas towards the end.
If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:42 - Apr 11 with 653 viewshomer_123

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:38 - Apr 11 by britbiker

Thought their number 16 was a really good player. Every time he got the ball he ran at us. Was glad to see him subbed off in second half. Apart from him they didn't really cause us too many problems. Just sat deep and we ran out of ideas towards the end.

He was certainly lively - his end project wasn't great though.

The most notable was that simple 5 yard pass to the winger he put out for a goal kick!
[Post edited 11 Apr 9:42]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 646 viewsunstableblue

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:09 - Apr 11 by pointofblue

And if you'd asked at the start of the season if we'd struggle to break down a team sitting deep with two banks of four then I would have said yes. So no surprise there.

We dealt with the low block in the majority of games in League One, the problem now is the quality of defenders is another level!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 10:06 - Apr 11 with 553 viewsWeWereZombies

If you’d asked me at the start of the season if rich player talent of Watford on 09:38 - Apr 11 by britbiker

Chakvetadze is a Georgian international with twenty two games at that level, which is impressive for a twenty four year old, almost as many games as he has played for Watford. I wasn't that impressed with him watching the game but looking at his Wikipedia page I can see that his second tier experience is limited, and it is significant that Watford have just made his loan from Gent permanent. One to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgi_Chakvetadze

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024