Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joint top of the league with 4 games left 08:09 - Apr 11 with 662 viewsDubtractor

Bloody hell.

No hiding from the frustration of the last 2 games, but what an amazing position to be in. Whatever happens from here this has been an amazing season from a group of players with levels of resilience and determination that we've not seen in an Ipswich shirt for years.

COYB!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 08:14 - Apr 11 with 608 viewshoppy

Absolutely!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 08:27 - Apr 11 with 563 viewsBloomBlue

100%

I was frustrated with the entitled fans coming out of the ground last night, moan, moan, moan. I had to swear at one idiot moaning about 'we should be easily beating teams like Watford'. Ffs a couple of years ago Watford were in the Prem and us in L1. We talk about Norwich tinpot fans but as I said to him comments like that make some Town fans tinpot.

As you say we're in an automatic promotion place in the championship with 4 games to go, if fans cannot enjoy that then they aren't real fans.
I can already see what will happen when we are in the Prem next season, constant moaning by fans if we aren't in the top 6.
Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 08:44 - Apr 11 with 490 viewsGarv

I said about 4 months ago 'whatever happens from here this has been an amazing season' and it still very much applies.

As a standalone season, with the context of where we've come from and our squad etc, I'm not sure it will ever get better than this whether we go up or not.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 09:00 - Apr 11 with 415 viewsEuropablue

The last two results were very disappointing, but the fact remains that we have the chance of promotion in our own hands. We really have to look at it in a way that we needed to win 6 to be guaranteed top 2 and 2 matches later we have to win 4. I would have taken that 2 matches ago, I just wouldn't have expected to get there with a loss and a draw.
If you could play Watford or Sunderland at home, you'd choose Sunderland, so in comparison drawing to Watford isn't a bad result.
Southampton are coming back into it, which you could see as a positive as they have to play Leeds and Leicester.
We have some tough games coming up, but so does everyone.
A win on Saturday would really put us in a good position with points on the board and there would be a lot of pressure on the others not to slip up.
Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 09:01 - Apr 11 with 415 viewsiamatractorboy

Joint top of the league with 4 games left on 08:27 - Apr 11 by BloomBlue

100%

I was frustrated with the entitled fans coming out of the ground last night, moan, moan, moan. I had to swear at one idiot moaning about 'we should be easily beating teams like Watford'. Ffs a couple of years ago Watford were in the Prem and us in L1. We talk about Norwich tinpot fans but as I said to him comments like that make some Town fans tinpot.

As you say we're in an automatic promotion place in the championship with 4 games to go, if fans cannot enjoy that then they aren't real fans.
I can already see what will happen when we are in the Prem next season, constant moaning by fans if we aren't in the top 6.

This season has been absolutely brilliant, the reason why we all love football. I get that it's very nervy (how much more can my heart take?!), but if people can't enjoy this then I think football is not the right sport for them. I am loving it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024