Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maresca is getting a little out of his depth 23:08 - Apr 9 with 2196 viewsunstableblue

Imagine McKenna speaking like this

Leicester fans revolting

A further wobble at Plymouth and they're in real trouble

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:11 - Apr 9 with 2099 views_clive_baker_

Not sure what he’s meant to say to such a question tbh.
Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:13 - Apr 9 with 2053 viewsUSA

He doesn’t know nor can’t be certain what Leeds and Ipswich will do so he’s got a point. He can’t say for sure.

Also he says exactly what KMc would say. Let’s just concentrate on the next game.
Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:15 - Apr 9 with 2033 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:11 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

How would you expect McKenna to?

"One game at a time, we will focus on getting a result on Friday." would be my guess.

Maresca by contrast has already said concentrate on the next 4 or 5. And we hope to recover our energy. He sounds like a man low on confidence. That will reflect in his team, surely?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:20 - Apr 9 with 1947 viewsmrshallisfit

How do you get that view from the clip? I think he was pretty measured and reasonable.
Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:21 - Apr 9 with 1939 viewsunstableblue

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:11 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

"We need to focus on the performances ands results against Norwich and Birmingham, learn from some of the challenges from changing the formation and shape tonight, and focus all our attention on getting a good result and performance at Plymouth. We cannot as a team look beyond that"
[Post edited 9 Apr 23:34]

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:21 - Apr 9 with 1926 views_clive_baker_

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:15 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

How would you expect McKenna to?

"One game at a time, we will focus on getting a result on Friday." would be my guess.

Maresca by contrast has already said concentrate on the next 4 or 5. And we hope to recover our energy. He sounds like a man low on confidence. That will reflect in his team, surely?

I would imagine he would say we’re not thinking about any of that right now, we’ll just focus and prepare for the next game on Friday. Pretty much what Maresca says isn’t it?
Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:23 - Apr 9 with 1893 viewsunstableblue

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:20 - Apr 9 by mrshallisfit

How do you get that view from the clip? I think he was pretty measured and reasonable.

Because the Leicester fans' view are a lot lot worse, and that's what matters

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:25 - Apr 9 with 1867 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:21 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

I would imagine he would say we’re not thinking about any of that right now, we’ll just focus and prepare for the next game on Friday. Pretty much what Maresca says isn’t it?

Not how I took what he said. He mentions about focusing on the next 5 matches. Sounds quite defeatist in his tone and repeatedly mentions about trying to find some energy for Friday. It is like he is saying the players are fatigued and the matches coming too fast. They have one more to play than the rest as well.

Perhaps it was just my take on it, though. Others seem to agree with you that he sounds similar to how McKenna would.

EDIT: Listening again he mentions having played 50 matches already and it being too much for the players. In response to the question quoted it cuts off after "just look to Friday's game" but it is everything that comes before it that doesn't sound good from a Leicester fan viewpoint I would say.
[Post edited 9 Apr 23:30]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:26 - Apr 9 with 1847 views_clive_baker_

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:23 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

Because the Leicester fans' view are a lot lot worse, and that's what matters

Not like football fans to be reactionary after a disappointing loss!

Don’t get me wrong they’re wobbling, and it’s great for us. Hopefully it continues a few more weeks but as it stands it’s in their hands still to win the league, and they’ve got a bl00dy good squad.

Think we just need to stay laser focused on the job at hand, and that’s 3 points against Watford. Got to play the game rather than the occasion and hopefully bounce back well from Saturday. COYB.
He changed their shape and moved players into unorthodox positions on 23:27 - Apr 9 with 1834 viewsunstableblue

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:13 - Apr 9 by USA

He doesn’t know nor can’t be certain what Leeds and Ipswich will do so he’s got a point. He can’t say for sure.

Also he says exactly what KMc would say. Let’s just concentrate on the next game.

And it failed miserably.. and Leicester fans are asking why

Does he justify it? not really?

And don't get sucked into any conversation about points needed.

Only Plymouth relevant, which I agree he does state.

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:34 - Apr 9 with 1761 viewsunstableblue

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:26 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

Not like football fans to be reactionary after a disappointing loss!

Don’t get me wrong they’re wobbling, and it’s great for us. Hopefully it continues a few more weeks but as it stands it’s in their hands still to win the league, and they’ve got a bl00dy good squad.

Think we just need to stay laser focused on the job at hand, and that’s 3 points against Watford. Got to play the game rather than the occasion and hopefully bounce back well from Saturday. COYB.

We need energy tomorrow, from the stands on from the players.

Bring that with some composure and playing to our principles we'll win.

To be fair to the Leicester fans, and not comparable to our Norwich defeat (which was Town player peformance), Maresca made a pigs ear of changing the shape and system tonight. Their patience has gone.

But agree their squad is ridiculous

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:39 - Apr 9 with 1704 views_clive_baker_

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:34 - Apr 9 by unstableblue

We need energy tomorrow, from the stands on from the players.

Bring that with some composure and playing to our principles we'll win.

To be fair to the Leicester fans, and not comparable to our Norwich defeat (which was Town player peformance), Maresca made a pigs ear of changing the shape and system tonight. Their patience has gone.

But agree their squad is ridiculous

I think the shape of the season is playing a part in that to a degree. They’ve fluffed a huge lead so they’re understandably salty. Fact is they could feasibly win the league with 100 odd points which would be a good achievement regardless of their resources. Had it been neck & neck all season the fans would probably be more appreciative and up for the fight. Certainly no bad thing for us though, if they don’t get 3 points off Plymouth then the king power could be tetchy for their West Brom game, and you feel like they’re conditions WBA would love to sh1thouse in.

Agree re. tomorrow, huge game and we need to be a force on the terraces to spur the team on. For all the celebrating Leeds drawing and mocking Farke saying it’s a good point, it might get prove to be if we don’t capitalise.
Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:48 - Apr 9 with 1617 viewsunstableblue

Suggest you jump over to Foxes Talk on 23:39 - Apr 9 by _clive_baker_

I think the shape of the season is playing a part in that to a degree. They’ve fluffed a huge lead so they’re understandably salty. Fact is they could feasibly win the league with 100 odd points which would be a good achievement regardless of their resources. Had it been neck & neck all season the fans would probably be more appreciative and up for the fight. Certainly no bad thing for us though, if they don’t get 3 points off Plymouth then the king power could be tetchy for their West Brom game, and you feel like they’re conditions WBA would love to sh1thouse in.

Agree re. tomorrow, huge game and we need to be a force on the terraces to spur the team on. For all the celebrating Leeds drawing and mocking Farke saying it’s a good point, it might get prove to be if we don’t capitalise.

WLLLWDLWWL

Last 10 for Leicester

5 losses

I think if they'd won tonight they'd just romp home. Millwall have not been playing well of late.

Now the pressure on Friday night has gone quite a few notches

But Town now need to focus on their own game and form

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 06:47 - Apr 10 with 1084 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Maresca is getting a little out of his depth on 23:25 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not how I took what he said. He mentions about focusing on the next 5 matches. Sounds quite defeatist in his tone and repeatedly mentions about trying to find some energy for Friday. It is like he is saying the players are fatigued and the matches coming too fast. They have one more to play than the rest as well.

Perhaps it was just my take on it, though. Others seem to agree with you that he sounds similar to how McKenna would.

EDIT: Listening again he mentions having played 50 matches already and it being too much for the players. In response to the question quoted it cuts off after "just look to Friday's game" but it is everything that comes before it that doesn't sound good from a Leicester fan viewpoint I would say.
[Post edited 9 Apr 23:30]

“Listening again he mentions having played 50 matches already and it being too much for the players.”

Blimey, an average squad wage of 90k a week and they can’t hack a few cup games. They may well get it (autos) over the line but if they don’t it will be their lack of turning defeats into draws that does them. Incredible how many games they’ve lost now with that squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024