Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! 15:03 - Apr 9 with 557 viewsford6600

Took me 5 years! Snowden (1085m) 2006, Scafell Pike (978m) 2008, and finally Ben Nevis (1345m) 2011...the beers afterwards felt deserved! For me Snowden easiest, Scafell a bit other worldly up there in boulder strewn grey mist. Nevis the most gruelling long trek. Can't imagine doing all 3 in 24 hours.
I expect many have done one or more of these and other peaks esp in Lake District.
3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 15:07 - Apr 9 with 542 viewsReuser_is_God

…. & 13 years to write a post about it.

You on dial up?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 15:16 - Apr 9 with 511 viewsTractorWood

I've done Scafell a few times. I did it once during the trail marathon that starts in Keswick and goes up to the summit and back down via the Corridor route which is actually a bit of a scramble.

The Yorkshire 3 peaks is a fun day, I'd also suggest the Cairngorm plateau for unbelievable hiking and climbing.
[Post edited 11 Apr 22:43]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 15:19 - Apr 9 with 509 viewsford6600

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 15:07 - Apr 9 by Reuser_is_God

…. & 13 years to write a post about it.

You on dial up?

Brought to mind by Towns own '5 peak challenge' coming up, starting with Watford tomorrow...
3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 18:55 - Apr 11 with 345 viewsford6600

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 15:16 - Apr 9 by TractorWood

I've done Scafell a few times. I did it once during the trail marathon that starts in Keswick and goes up to the summit and back down via the Corridor route which is actually a bit of a scramble.

The Yorkshire 3 peaks is a fun day, I'd also suggest the Cairngorm plateau for unbelievable hiking and climbing.
[Post edited 11 Apr 22:43]

Cairngorm plateau sounds interesting, we used to go on hols to Lake District so have done most of the better known peaks. As for Yorkshire have just been to Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub!
3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 19:58 - Apr 11 with 307 viewsPlums

I would have completed it in 23.5 hours in 1999 if my 'buddy' hadn't quit half way up the scree on Snowdon (our first peak) because he hadn't done any training. The rest of the team finished it while I took him back to the support vehicles. I completed the next two and we all came down Nevis together. We had all four seasons weather on that trip. A dawn run up Nevis with the sun breaking above the cloud base is something to behold.

It was an annual charity RICS event that we did when I was at university. I have no idea whether they still do it. We were the only team to start at Snowdon, the others all did Ben Nevis first.

Edit. The legend on our T shirts was:

Stormed up Snowdon
Staggered up Scafell
B*ggered by the Ben
[Post edited 11 Apr 20:00]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 22:53 - Apr 11 with 246 viewsTractorWood

3 Peaks Challenge in 24 hours!! on 18:55 - Apr 11 by ford6600

Cairngorm plateau sounds interesting, we used to go on hols to Lake District so have done most of the better known peaks. As for Yorkshire have just been to Tan Hill Inn, the highest pub!

I did the Pennine Way last year and walked past the Tan Hill.

The Pennine Way was a truly incredible experience. I rushed it a bit as did it 12 days which is 23 miles a day. Massively recommend.

The Lairig Ghru looks amazing in the Cairngorms. I plan to run it in a few weeks from Aviemore to Braemar.

I have done some of the more esoteric marathons, ultra marathons and ridiculous challenges in the world. I did the Pikes Peak marathon in Colorado last year. I did ok and found the altitude pretty good. It was my first time over 4,000m in a race.
[Post edited 12 Apr 8:58]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024