Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May the Farce be with you. 18:39 - Apr 8 with 949 viewsOldFart71

Just heard Everton docked another two points. Appealing apparently because several different bodies involved some calling for five points. This current situation as with everything to do with those involved in the running of football is a farce.You have teams like Manchester City breaching the rules over 100 times. As yet, no points deduction. You have a situation where teams that may stay in the Premier League possibly being demoted after the season is finished. Not naming names, well o.k. then, Leicester breaching the rules, relegated and only when they return to the Prem will they get punished. What a bloody disgraceful situation. I of course want Town promoted and I don't want that to happen by default. But someone's ar*e needs a good kicking for this shambles.
May the Farce be with you. on 19:20 - Apr 8 with 858 viewsSwansea_Blue

I believe the technical term is it’s a clusterfeck. It seems to be corrupt looking in from the outside.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

May the Farce be with you. on 19:26 - Apr 8 with 845 viewsKeno

I personally feel a disgrace that Leicester and Leeds havent been docked points this season

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

May the Farce be with you. on 19:37 - Apr 8 with 810 viewsGarv

Don't disagree but I'm happy for Everton to be made an example of. Dyche gets on my t*ts.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

May the Farce be with you. on 19:42 - Apr 8 with 791 viewsPinewoodblue

Man City is a. Complex case covering many years while current cases are more simple. Have every confidence justice will eventually be done

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

May the Farce be with you. on 19:47 - Apr 8 with 777 viewsChurchman

May the Farce be with you. on 19:37 - Apr 8 by Garv

Don't disagree but I'm happy for Everton to be made an example of. Dyche gets on my t*ts.

They won’t be. The last thing the big six want is a big second rank name like Everton going down leaving crummy Luton soiling the Premier League brand.

They’ll probably be awarded 10 extra points as recompense for distress caused by a light breeze or something.

Man City? Innocent of all charges unless you want to upset their very rich and powerful owners. Best to just say how great they are and to thank them on bended knee for the packet of Spangles given in return for hoovering up the country’s best players. Money talks.
May the Farce be with you. on 21:50 - Apr 8 with 642 viewsSwansea_Blue

May the Farce be with you. on 19:42 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

Man City is a. Complex case covering many years while current cases are more simple. Have every confidence justice will eventually be done

That’s one way of saying they’ve got many more charges than anyone else and nothing’s been done about it for nearly a decade (you could well be right; I just like to moan about them and it doesn’t seem fair on the face of it).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

May the Farce be with you. on 22:12 - Apr 8 with 585 viewsClareBlue

The Man City case is different in there are significant obstruction elements. And the Premier league know they face being seriously damaged by the legal actions of the club if they get it wrong. They also know that if they find them guilty their credibility is at stake with the penalties, which will, of course, be challenged in the Courts.
Chelsea bought cups at the expense of Rusian people who were impoverished by the plundering of their Country's natural resources to fund a few egotistical narcissistic men, Man City have bought cups by being funded by a State who need to sportswash their image. Everyon are not even that bad. At least some of the money is going to contractors to build the stadium. But if the consensus is that 250k a week for a player to help you win a trophy that only means anything to those connected to the club, is money we'll spent, then crack on.
May the Farce be with you. on 22:17 - Apr 8 with 570 viewsAviator

This fair play is a joke. Just let the clubs spend whatever they want and if they go bust: tough sh1t! If there is a total crash then so be it.
Login to get fewer ads

May the Farce be with you. on 22:30 - Apr 8 with 537 viewsClareBlue

May the Farce be with you. on 22:17 - Apr 8 by Aviator

This fair play is a joke. Just let the clubs spend whatever they want and if they go bust: tough sh1t! If there is a total crash then so be it.

I agree, if you want to spend a billion to be 12th in the Premiership then good on you. But if the business becomes insolvent when the sugar daddy looses interest or is is sanctioned, for example, then you fold as per any other business. No sentimental 'we have to save the club because of its history'. No dodgy selling and renting assets. Just the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024